Author Topic: Long Bow  (Read 4241 times)

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
Re: Long Bow
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2012, 05:16:21 pm »
It's not much better even for a lvl 32 build :/  (don't know how it is with 9wm though, but I suppose not better)

It's really annoying to see that people with a hornbow or worse, with a shortbow can hold their bow for 5 3-6 seconds or maybe more and still shoot with pinpoint accuracy whereas the longbow sucks after aiming for 1 second :rolleyes:

I'm using a MW Tatar and working up a Nomad to MW. A longbow can't even shoot back at me with any accuracy at all. If they stand there they get hit and interrupted. If they dodge and then shoot, their reticule goes wide and they have like a 5% chance of hitting anything. At least the Rus bow can shoot back at me with the Tatar below 160 WPF. With Longbow taking 2 slots, they can't even switch out to another smaller bow as a pure archer with no melee weapon (if they want any arrows).

The longbow needs a longer hold time for their reticule, and they need to have much less of an effect on their reticule when strafing sideways. This isn't about realism (because I know that is opposite to realistic), but about game and internal bow balance.

I made another thread about internal bow balance that would change the entire focus and style. I'll either give it a bump or re-write it because the numbers I used were before the last patch. Or maybe I'll just leave it alone. I don't think they would get it right anyhow  :P
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login