Author Topic: Converting EXP from alts to mains.  (Read 2194 times)

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
Re: Converting EXP from alts to mains.
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2011, 04:29:13 pm »
You don't seem to see the difference between crpg and native. This is the wrong mod to talk about playing only for fun. We also like our dedication rewarded around these parts

If you would be dedicated enuff, you would not have more chars  :mrgreen: so do not bring up dedication into this, i played single char up to gen 13, i made alts after that.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2011, 06:01:40 pm »
I had* A plethora of alts, but I only use 2; archer and SS. I had cav, HA, african, 10pd archer. I use none of those due to nerfs, so I wish I could redeem the time I spent on them, giving them a purpose.

Hit the respec button.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Black Wind

• Whiner
  • Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 185
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PK
  • Game nicks: PK_IncrediblySkillful, The Right arm of the guy with 13 PC's that is PK
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2011, 02:18:02 am »
Hit the respec button.

To what avail? Is c-RPG not, a mod where you wish to progress a main character? With alts, they are in complete solitude from the benefits the main recieves in regards to the market, thus, deeming them pointless.

As far as fun goes, I'm certain that I, and myself alone, don't enjoy wasting time playing on a nullified character when I could be progressing my main. I don't have the same sense of enjoyment.

Experience has a direct relationship with how long we play, hence, the tick system. If we earn the experience, we should be able to distribute it how we like. As we are essentially paying for it with our time spent.

/rant over
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Here in PK, we're better than you! And we know it.

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2011, 04:13:23 am »
+1
What the fuck is with everyones twisted definitions of RPG? RPG = Role Playing Game. You play a Character. The goal is to be fun. Having progress for your character is good as it can be a means to more fun, but it is not the goal.
You guys have been playing too many modern MMORPGs that run on subscription systems, where their (they being the company developing the game) goal is to make you play for a long time. Thus the best way to do that is to have slow constant progression. cRPG is a fun mod of a game with no subscription and no plan to be.
You come to cRPG for several reasons over native: A customizable character so you can play to it's strengths and weaknesses, Customizable gear load outs for the same reason, and for some players they like to see progress and small benefits for time invested over others.

But time investment is and was never intended to be a primary goal or have perks that you can overwhelmingly flaunt over other players.

In all honesty, I don't see why player 'A' who invested all his time into one character should have an overwhelming EXP & loom advantage over Player 'B' who invested the same amount of time equally amongst several characters. If player B decided to consolidate all his characters' EXP and loom points into one, they would be back to almost equal footing. Keep in mind Player 'B' is forever punished with not being able to transfer all items and gold, AND did not get to experience the EXP gain of having one character with high generation like player 'A'.
Why are you guys against it? Please state a logical argument as to why to further punish player 'B' compared to player 'A'.

Saying cRPG is for character advancement exclusively is like people in real life saying that money is a goal. Money is not and should never be a goal. Money is a means. If you walked away from this post at least figuring one thing out, let that be it.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 04:18:14 am by Marathon »
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2011, 05:09:30 am »
Why not transfer the items and gold?

Its not like gold and xp are binded together. x amount of xp = x amount of gold and all that.

I peronaly wouldn't sack my alts for there xp and watch all the armour, bows, and swords bugger off. That would be a painful waste of time.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Black Wind

• Whiner
  • Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: PK_IncrediblySkillful, The Right arm of the guy with 13 PC's that is PK
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2011, 07:29:25 am »
What the fuck is with everyones twisted definitions of RPG? RPG = Role Playing Game. You play a Character. The goal is to be fun. Having progress for your character is good as it can be a means to more fun, but it is not the goal.
You guys have been playing too many modern MMORPGs that run on subscription systems, where their (they being the company developing the game) goal is to make you play for a long time. Thus the best way to do that is to have slow constant progression. cRPG is a fun mod of a game with no subscription and no plan to be.
You come to cRPG for several reasons over native: A customizable character so you can play to it's strengths and weaknesses, Customizable gear load outs for the same reason, and for some players they like to see progress and small benefits for time invested over others.

But time investment is and was never intended to be a primary goal or have perks that you can overwhelmingly flaunt over other players.

In all honesty, I don't see why player 'A' who invested all his time into one character should have an overwhelming EXP & loom advantage over Player 'B' who invested the same amount of time equally amongst several characters. If player B decided to consolidate all his characters' EXP and loom points into one, they would be back to almost equal footing. Keep in mind Player 'B' is forever punished with not being able to transfer all items and gold, AND did not get to experience the EXP gain of having one character with high generation like player 'A'.
Why are you guys against it? Please state a logical argument as to why to further punish player 'B' compared to player 'A'.

Saying cRPG is for character advancement exclusively is like people in real life saying that money is a goal. Money is not and should never be a goal. Money is a means. If you walked away from this post at least figuring one thing out, let that be it.

Be this at it may, but A whole lot of my alts are negligible due to nerfs to HA and cav, accustomed to my play style. I would respec, but it's pointless, as all the other classes have been filled out.

So, my argument is this: Due to the nerfing of so many classes, players who previously had a character of that class would feel as if they just wasted a segment of their life, for no apparent reason. Because of this, we should be able to give their exp to our main character, enhancing the enjoyment we can attain.

And heirlooms barely help, like the difference between a stand miaodao is what; 1 speed and 3 damage? A decent player with a bloody simple sword could beat a lesser player who has e.g. A +3 glaive. Probably, nine times out of 10.

And money is a means, correct. But there is a goal to achieve more, if you think otherwise, then why do doctors and surgeons etc. Try so hard to get where they're at? Yeah.. I thought so.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2011, 09:35:10 am »

funny that you in all actually agreeed with the ninja guy, but he still tries to prove his point :)

ontopic: you had fun while i had to suffer on my one dedicated char, you could turtle on archer good maps, you could ride a horse on plains map, and all the xp should be available to your twohander which you suddenly find so hard to level up? I do not see any logical reasoning in this.

And, afterall, we do play cRPG (character role play), not aRPG (account role play).  Asking why i should not be able to retain time i spent on one char to buff other one is just retarded. If you wanted to have advantage and levels and everything on ur main, do it on you rmain, not like anyone forced you to play alts.

Seems that you have your point of view, i have mine, for you logic is that it should be allowed, for me logic states the opposite. We have reached a deadpoint. Useless to discuss this any further pretty much as i said all i had to this SEVERAL times already.

You can do quite well with any char, any spec, any lvl...

eidt: the bolded part, serious? You do not see why dedicated character someone played all the time should not have advantage over any char of a guy who was playing more of them over the same time? Jack of all trades, master of none, ever heard of? If you want everyone to be on same level, go native. Simple as that. And dont bring the: more weapons, versatility and shit argument, as obviously only thing you care for is about being on same level with everyone else.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 09:37:42 am by Cepeshi »

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2011, 09:42:08 am »
Becoming a doctor for pay, that pay is then a means for you to do your true loves & desires in life.
It is still not a goal. You're argument on money backfired.

I'm arguing in favor of a cannibalism anyways. EXP and heirloom points are the representations and manifests of your time spent. The ability to consolidate is pretty reasonable.

funny that you in all actually agreeed with the ninja guy, but he still tries to prove his point :)

ontopic: you had fun while i had to suffer on my one dedicated char, you could turtle on archer good maps, you could ride a horse on plains map, and all the xp should be available to your twohander which you suddenly find so hard to level up? I do not see any logical reasoning in this.

And, afterall, we do play cRPG (character role play), not aRPG (account role play).  Asking why i should not be able to retain time i spent on one char to buff other one is just retarded. If you wanted to have advantage and levels and everything on ur main, do it on you rmain, not like anyone forced you to play alts.

Seems that you have your point of view, i have mine, for you logic is that it should be allowed, for me logic states the opposite. We have reached a deadpoint. Useless to discuss this any further pretty much as i said all i had to this SEVERAL times already.

You can do quite well with any char, any spec, any lvl...

eidt: the bolded part, serious? You do not see why dedicated character someone played all the time should not have advantage over any char of a guy who was playing more of them over the same time? Jack of all trades, master of none, ever heard of? If you want everyone to be on same level, go native. Simple as that. And dont bring the: more weapons, versatility and shit argument, as obviously only thing you care for is about being on same level with everyone else.
The rest of my quote already showed the sacrifices Player 'B' Makes.

I fully understand your point, but many people have dead-end alts rendered worthless by patching and unsalvage-able heirloom points.
You really would rather deprive them of some representation of that time spent? Why not allow them salvage the heirloom points and some of their EXP? You're acting like it is a buff, but they're only recovering a reasonable EXP percentage, no items, no gold, and possibly heirloom points.
I don't see any reason to screw these people over for their time spent compared to another player.

I also have never met anyone who changes to alts based on map/ class composition in the servers.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Black Wind

• Whiner
  • Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2011, 02:27:01 pm »
Becoming a doctor for pay, that pay is then a means for you to do your true loves & desires in life.
It is still not a goal. You're argument on money backfired.

I'm arguing in favor of a cannibalism anyways. EXP and heirloom points are the representations and manifests of your time spent. The ability to consolidate is pretty reasonable.
The rest of my quote already showed the sacrifices Player 'B' Makes.

I fully understand your point, but many people have dead-end alts rendered worthless by patching and unsalvage-able heirloom points.
You really would rather deprive them of some representation of that time spent? Why not allow them salvage the heirloom points and some of their EXP? You're acting like it is a buff, but they're only recovering a reasonable EXP percentage, no items, no gold, and possibly heirloom points.
I don't see any reason to screw these people over for their time spent compared to another player.

I also have never met anyone who changes to alts based on map/ class composition in the servers.

Quite frankly, you're a dickhead.

Do africans want more money? Yes.
Do poor people want money? Yes
Goal = survival.

If money wasn't a goal, then why is there poverty in the world?
If money wasn't a goal, why do asian parents force their children to study to get high paying jobs like lawyers, doctors, surgeons etc?

Would you want a big house, with some BMW, or Ferrari? Course! Thus, money is a priority for many.

Think things through before you post attacks. Especially when the answer is blatantly obvious, but your opinion is too irrationally biased/ignorant to see.

If you post more rubbish, I won't bother replying to you. Why? As the saying goes, "You can't argue with idiots."

And you're replying as if I said 'alts would all be killed, giving exp to the main'. No, I said players should be able to choose what to do with their alts. Not once did I say it's a compulsion.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 02:30:09 pm by Black Wind »