Author Topic: Unban LLJK_Ipsum  (Read 335 times)

Offline Ipsum

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SWF
  • Game nicks: Ipsum_SWF
Unban LLJK_Ipsum
« on: September 14, 2011, 05:38:49 am »
Hey, I just got banned for 2 hours from NA_crpg_1 for poking a guy with a dagger once after he team wounded me 3 rounds in a row.

• I was given no warning
  • The other guy was not banned or warned
  • I was banned for more than the standard 1 hour set out in the server rules

Just looking for some consistency here.

Offline Kenji

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • Casual Player
    • View Profile
Re: Unban LLJK_Ipsum
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 05:51:42 am »
Greetings,

The ban was issued by me, and here are the 'inconsistency' that you speak of:
Topic: UnBaN rEqUsT - Philosiraptor_PxC (2 days ban for intentional teamwounding)
Here's Vid {Ban Req} (2 days ban for intentional teamwounding)

You were banned for two hours is because I have explicitly informed you guys that intentional teamwounding/killing is disallowed, and warnings have been pre-given.

I was following a player that has been reported with numerous complaints and then saw the slicing from you teamwounding Farthammer.

Even if you were messing around with your 'friends' in clan, or whatever purpose/griefing that I do not know of, this type of incident has happened before and under such circumstances I did not issue a full ban as this is your first offense with all the warnings I have given.

Regards,
Gear

Offline Ipsum

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SWF
  • Game nicks: Ipsum_SWF
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 06:13:46 am »
Sir,

I have reviewed the cases which you have proffered. While I am thankful that you did not ban me for longer, these referenced cases do not seem applicable to my case. In the case of both of the aforementioned bans, the players were not simply defending themselves with a single swipe, they were blatantly team-killing.

I merely take issue with this ban because it says in the Official Server Rules that it says "Admin bans can be either temporary (1 hour) or "permanent" ". Verily, I do deserve a punishment - I do not deny it. However, instantly getting banned for longer than the standard ban length before I can formulate a response instead of a warning or a kick seems a little extreme.

Yours,
Ipsum

Offline Kenji

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • Casual Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 06:26:03 am »
Greetings again,

As it has been an hour since the incident had passed, your ban will be lifted.

I apologize for my rash decision at the time and mistake, but please refrain yourself from revenge teamwounding in the future and report via I chat to see if an admin can be of assistance.

Hopefully we will not cross words again in this section of the board,
Gear

P.S.: Any further questions regarding the request will be answered/discussed via pm.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 06:35:43 am by Kenji »