Author Topic: Nerf free wpf.  (Read 1992 times)

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
Re: Nerf free wpf.
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2011, 01:12:15 pm »
No point in hiding my point of view.

Yes I think that Agi is underpowed atm, and that katanas need a buff.

I'm right at both, and many agrees. Sure there will be STR defenders out there when the time comes to nerf agi..

I just want the mod to be diverse.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Warcat

• Earl
  • Renown: 396
  • Infamy: 40
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Warcat_ Village_Elder Merchant_of_Tulga Tavern_Keeper Guild_Master Ramun_The_Slave_Trader
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2011, 03:40:12 pm »
I'd be happy if they buffed katanas just by getting rid of the stab on it. As for diversity, it was that way and has become less so. I had all STR and all AGI builds and ones inbetween, now only the pure AGI are really possible.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 03:41:36 pm by Warcat »
In memory of Fallen_Warcat_, member of Fallen Brigade, ruler of Zagush
Tavern_Keeper #1 NA shielder
Strategus City Improvement Project

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2011, 03:53:23 pm »
+1
No point in hiding my point of view.

Yes I think that Agi is underpowed atm, and that katanas need a buff.

I'm right at both, and many agrees. Sure there will be STR defenders out there when the time comes to nerf agi..

I just want the mod to be diverse.
What people are suggesting is improvements to agi builds . What you are suggesting is nerfs for STR builds. Do you see the difference in the approaches ?

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2011, 04:01:27 pm »
+1
Agree, might not be the best solution, but still a decent one.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2011, 07:09:06 pm »
I'm not sure I agree entirely. I think a large problem is that you can have as little as 2-3 weapon master, and a dedicated build would do just fine.

You can easily get 120-140 wpf from low weapon master levels, and even 100 is passable.

I think the problem is complex, but we do get LOTS of free wpf. I think the wpf threshold should be lowered overall, because there isn't too much to gain from ridiculous amounts of wpf compared to a decent amount. The change would be too much/easily unpopular, so meh.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2011, 07:23:25 pm »
cRPG with more nerfs in the near future  :arrow: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdocIqcXM1U
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2011, 12:44:33 am »
I'd be happy if they buffed katanas just by getting rid of the stab on it. As for diversity, it was that way and has become less so. I had all STR and all AGI builds and ones inbetween, now only the pure AGI are really possible.
WATamIReading.txt

Alright. I'm going to be objective here. I play ALOT of my time on my 36/3 builds with the 111 WPF I get for 0 WM. They are easy mode. It is almost difficult to get a KDR less than 1. The difference in WPF for effective fighting is so minimal, all my builds now that aren't hybrid, I am removing weapon master. I don't see what you guys are seeing, I'll be honest.
An increase in the effect of WM and/or a slight decrease in free WPF is a good idea. The first option in particular is the better idea.

Now the next thing. Katanas are pretty shitty, especially their thrust which should be increased a bit in all honesty. I don't use them since they suck so bad. I'll have to agree on thomek on that part. However, that has ~nothing~ to do with this thread. So leave it out of it.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 12:47:07 am by Marathon »
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Dach

• Earl
  • Renown: 444
  • Infamy: 92
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dach_BRD / SNSD_Taeyeon
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2011, 01:33:39 am »
WATamIReading.txt

Alright. I'm going to be objective here. I play ALOT of my time on my 36/3 builds with the 111 WPF I get for 0 WM. They are easy mode. It is almost difficult to get a KDR less than 1. The difference in WPF for effective fighting is so minimal, all my builds now that aren't hybrid, I am removing weapon master. I don't see what you guys are seeing, I'll be honest.
An increase in the effect of WM and/or a slight decrease in free WPF is a good idea. The first option in particular is the better idea.

Now the next thing. Katanas are pretty shitty, especially their thrust which should be increased a bit in all honesty. I don't use them since they suck so bad. I'll have to agree on thomek on that part. However, that has ~nothing~ to do with this thread. So leave it out of it.

+1

also i shall add...

as an old player, I already saw what  ultra boosted wpf give... it's a simple 4 letter word that come in little can.

I'm sure no one want to saw this option back.

Currently the only advantage agi give for a melee build is movement speed, that's all.

Even worse, if you actually want this bonus to work, you can't carry too much weight either... What a nice bonus...  :rolleyes:

So Str get damage, hp and armor overall.

Agi give movement speed and minimal (i should say negligible attack speed.)

It's really easy to see which one is the best option for melee.

OP idea is a good one, combined with a slight WM boost could work very well.

Edit: Katana, remove the thrust problem solved.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 01:34:51 am by Dach »
A lot of people in the NA community know that Dach rages and in the process of his uncontrollable rage, he tends to kick people.

You've been warned! :twisted:

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2011, 02:57:31 am »
It's easier to get more kills with I agree (not necessarily a good K/D ratio but easier to GET a kill) but for me personally in a 1vs1 I would die very often. Maybe if you wear light armor and use one of the faster weapons it might be a lot better. If 'free' WPF is reduced and or WM is given more benefit it's not a big deal to me either way. It might be good in a way since that's less reason for people to whine about 'OP str'.

Offline Cosmos_Shielder

• Baron
  • Renown: 137
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • French Connection Leader
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pecores
  • Game nicks: Roland De Gilead
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2011, 08:22:24 am »
as a thrower i might know a bit more about armor wpf reduction. Did you know that wearing blue tunic over mail (33) kettle helmet and mail chausses give you -20 wpf?
So a 111 wpf in light medium gear is already about 91 wpf. What about wearing churburg,?...

Offline ThePoopy

• Earl
  • Renown: 411
  • Infamy: 56
  • .l..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: PolePoop
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2011, 11:36:30 am »
Polearmer -I wanna go pure str
 -You will get outspammed by enything with poleanim and no wpf
Polearmer -not if i use quarter staff
 -HURR

Archer -I wanna go pure str
 -...............idiot

Xbower -I wanna go pure str

Thrower -I wanna go pure str
 -But u will have fucked up aim and wont be able to pick up throwing weps from ground
Thrower -They are just for style enyway, duh

2hander -I wanna go pure str
 -But...eh...you will run slow
2hander -so?
 - X:

1hander -I wanna go pure str
 -Then u cant have shield
1hander -Oh right, nvm then

Conclusion:
str build only good for 2h and thrower

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2011, 11:55:17 am »
But but... the quaterstaff ?  :rolleyes:

Thanks to the polearm stun, agi is interesting for polearms.
I saw a lot of 21/15 builds as shielder. And they're definitely more viable than a 15/21, imo. Str still beats agi for shielders (unless the guy got 13 shield but that's...)
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline ToxicKilla

• Knight
  • Renown: 79
  • Infamy: 8
  • For England, and Saint George!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Killmoar_the_Lone_Knight
  • IRC nick: ToxicKilla
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2011, 12:01:43 pm »
I think a very minor nerf may be in order, but nothing too major, or even better a buff to WM. As for buffing katana's, are you serious? The Japanese katana was a weapon of last resort and no better than a European sword made from steel. They really weren't all they are made out to be.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 12:03:13 pm by ToxicKilla »

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2011, 12:53:46 pm »
I think a very minor nerf may be in order, but nothing too major, or even better a buff to WM. As for buffing katana's, are you serious? The Japanese katana was a weapon of last resort and no better than a European sword made from steel. They really weren't all they are made out to be.
Oh god I know about the katana being bad IRL. I was just adding to the point that it sucks really bad in game and needs a slight buff
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.