Poll

Are you happy with the work of the balance team?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Are you happy with the work of the balance team?  (Read 4451 times)

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
Re: Are you happy with the work of the balance team?
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2011, 08:57:36 pm »
I don't even play cav (well I half-assed it and threw in 4 riding for lols one gen) and I think anyone who wants to nerf cav more is crazy.

The reason they get high scores is because they are eliminating the bottom-feeders and the unaware players every single round.  These are the same people that will blindly run in and die or get shot up by ranged because they're running in a straight line towards the enemy every round.  It's just that cav are fast so they can get to them first :D

A good cav player will have to try quite hard to take out a good player of another class if they aren't caught unaware. 
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 08:58:46 pm by MrShine »
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2011, 10:29:24 pm »
As a lance cavalry, the armor changes hurt me like never before. Even more than the angle nerf. Simply because now I can't oneshot. And trust me, as a cav it is very hard to hit one guy twice.

Not to mention that I have to flee from any form of ranged player because they can kill my horse then kill me very easily.

The only "good" players I can kill are 2h that think they will outrange me with their DGS.

Isn't cav supposed to be an anti-range class ?

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2011, 04:38:13 am »
The lance rarely 1shots anyone in full health. Certainly not any one in armour, even to the head. You have to be riding at full speed with high PS and polearm wpf to manage that. Most of the time if a cav rides past and lances someone, they are already damaged.

And saying cav is always top is bull. I see tons of cav who float around the middle of the scoreboard. There are only a few who top it.

Rarely 1 shots? I get one shotted all the time. Maybe they learned to do headaches idk. Cav is topping the scoreboards every round, of course there will be bad cav in the middle.. What you trying to say?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Warcat

• Earl
  • Renown: 396
  • Infamy: 40
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Warcat_ Village_Elder Merchant_of_Tulga Tavern_Keeper Guild_Master Ramun_The_Slave_Trader
« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2011, 04:42:21 am »
I don't regularly use my heavy lance with my horse because I have a bow, but I was quite surprised when I landed a good couch on a guy recently and he survived it.
In memory of Fallen_Warcat_, member of Fallen Brigade, ruler of Zagush
Tavern_Keeper #1 NA shielder
Strategus City Improvement Project

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2011, 05:16:24 am »
Rarely 1 shots? I get one shotted all the time. Maybe they learned to do headaches idk. Cav is topping the scoreboards every round, of course there will be bad cav in the middle.. What you trying to say?

LOL thomek ask ANY decent cav player and they will tell you to aim for the head.

They always have because its the most effective way.

Also running around in light armor with only a bit of cloth for head armor means it aint surprising if when a guy rams a massive spear through you at high speed you die.

Cavalry will always be powerful. Its just the way its meant to be.

(click to show/hide)
Turtles

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2011, 07:39:02 am »
Archers don't need any buffs. They're fine now, except that there's way too fucking many of them. c-RPG metagame currently is "lol let's go xbow/longbow". As for damage? Yeah, right. I get 2shot by longbows/heirloomed rus bows with 60 armor.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2011, 01:18:52 pm »

Haha yeah but you don't exactly have much armour now do you  :P But yeah a lot of lancers will aim for the head, so if you don't have decent head protection, you're screwed. But anyone who has some kind of semi-decent helmet will probably be fine.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2011, 09:58:02 pm »
What I find most frustrating about cav:

Sometimes a cav player runs into something and gets stopped, thats when I think 'DIE COWARDLY SCUM!'. I prepare to smack him off with my greatsword, but then he does a lightning fast arabian horse turn and stabs me with that lance at close range while still standing still, which makes me lose 2/3rd of my hp.

Cav should be oneshot killing at full speed, and whiffing at no speed. It just looks ridiculous to see a lance moving towards you, slow as a snail just for it to hurt like a cruiser missile.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2400
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2011, 02:27:02 am »
Completelly unsatisfied.

But they are doing this for free in their free time so...

I'm just sad that they ruined almost good balance we had in january with terrible decisions...

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 02:30:50 am by Leshma »

Offline Karmazyn

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 02, 2011, 08:02:32 am »
Completelly unsatisfied.

But they are doing this for free in their free time so...

I'm just sad that they ruined almost good balance we had in january with terrible decisions...

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Why chadz doesnt want to have an alt balance team, both balance proposals can be tested and best win?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 08:10:49 am by Karmazyn »
Si Deus Nobiscum quis contra nos