Author Topic: horselancers are still op ..  (Read 3101 times)

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
Re: horselancers are still op ..
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2011, 09:59:53 pm »
yep and sometimes we do scores like 3-4...but guess no one sees that...

you know what? some people might be skilled? OMAGAD!  :shock:

its the same damn thing each time, people are unaware. the killcount comes from there. you could nerf cav to the ground, you could make the players that are being charged by a cav in the back have their screen flash red and an alarm go off, they would still not turn round!.

its easy to dodge a lance, its got the same god damn rotation as a couched lance! you cant dodge a couched lance? you diserved to die!

many times i'v charged a player that skips a side! suddenly darts to the side!

facing aware 2h polearm, it's 50/50 cuz they outreach you so if you get a kill it's because THEY F up

Offline Sultan_Khalifa

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Sultan_Khalifa Fallen_Santa_Khalifa
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2011, 01:44:22 am »
ohhh look its a one hander cav go cry some were elase they nerfed us for you and thats sad

its not even fun to play lance cav any more its just come poke people and move on now...

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2011, 02:50:56 am »
dude...
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2011, 04:04:42 am »
Awareness.

Go get some.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Trikipum

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2011, 05:00:53 pm »
lol, look mate, i understand how you feel, so here are some tips:
If you simply sidestep to the left, chances are he will either miss you or he will have to lance headon, which means many many many weapons will outdistance the lance as you will hit the horse before he hits you.
If you really are so concerned about not getting killed by horses, get a long weapon or stay near some pikemen.
Horses are already among the most expensive equipment items to upkeep, horses got reduced speed and maneuver and the lance can only turn 40 degrees. I don't know what class you play, but any class now has a decent chance against a horse if he sees it coming (well, as a sword and boarder, just spam block :)). If you don't, well thats what happens when you give lancers 40 degrees of turn, they go back to buttsechsing unaware infantry.

P.S.: i can deal just fine with cav onfoot with my lance, get a longer weapon and you will be fine.

Horses are shit and ppl crying about them just dont know how to play. As a 1hander with a horse i usually play on foot and let me tell you that when a horse comes against me, more than half of the times i actually kill the horse(many times also the rider) with a simple 103 reach sword. Its all about timing and positioning yourself. Actually, with the new nerf and all, cavalry is one of the weakest classes against everyone else. Its just soooo easy to kill a horse in a face to face that is sad. Dont believe me?. Lets go to a duel server and put there the best 2 hander you know and the best horseman you know. The horseman will win very very few duels, and half of his victories will be on foot if he survives his horse :).
"if you can't handle waiting a few minutes now and then, this game is not for you"

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2011, 05:21:01 pm »
Duels on a horse in battle mean you are an idiot, as the advantage of a horse is the speed that allows you to strike quickly then find another target. Very few good cav players stick around on one target if they miss the initial attack.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Trikipum

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2011, 07:54:39 pm »
yep and sometimes we do scores like 3-4...but guess no one sees that...

you know what? some people might be skilled? OMAGAD!  :shock:

its the same damn thing each time, people are unaware. the killcount comes from there. you could nerf cav to the ground, you could make the players that are being charged by a cav in the back have their screen flash red and an alarm go off, they would still not turn round!.

its easy to dodge a lance, its got the same god damn rotation as a couched lance! you cant dodge a couched lance? you diserved to die!

many times i'v charged a player that skips a side! suddenly darts to the side!

facing aware 2h polearm, it's 50/50 cuz they outreach you so if you get a kill it's because THEY F up
Yes, they also dont take in account that those uber lancers(wont say names) usually go and kill everyone in the spawn, getting from 1 to 3 free kills each round. Its not that they arent good, coz they are, but their scores wouldnt be so great if they didnt so....
"if you can't handle waiting a few minutes now and then, this game is not for you"

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2011, 10:46:35 pm »
Yes, they also dont take in account that those uber lancers(wont say names) usually go and kill everyone in the spawn, getting from 1 to 3 free kills each round. Its not that they arent good, coz they are, but their scores wouldnt be so great if they didnt so....

want to note that i actively try not to kill people directly at spawn or afk people (sometimes its too tempting tho) and i see a lot of good players that dont rape aswell.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2011, 10:51:48 pm »
want to note that i actively try not to kill people directly at spawn or afk people (sometimes its too tempting tho) and i see a lot of good players that dont rape aswell.

I see lancers who kill afks as doing a public service for the server. How many times have you seen people wandering around the entire big-ass map because the last opponent is afk in spawn?

I do hate it when someone vociferously strokes their epeen because their kdr is higher thanks to AFK killing. Usually a pike to their nuts will shut em up for a few minutes though.
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline Shpongled

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
  • Totally shpongled, mate...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Shpongled, Merc_Shpongebob_Tightpantsh, Merc_Shpongtastic
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2011, 03:41:53 am »
Duels on a horse in battle mean you are an idiot, as the advantage of a horse is the speed that allows you to strike quickly then find another target. Very few good cav players stick around on one target if they miss the initial attack.

So what you're saying is that a 'good' cav will give up on a high priority target for some easy kills.

I disagree, sir. One good kill is worth 10 shit ones.

"I gotta turn down my merc application as i was in a pub and would be of no use to you. Maybe it's good for you in the end, although i was motivated to see the first merc's defeat ever in strategus."
 --- Beauchamp

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2011, 04:36:48 am »
Shpongled is OP :)
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2011, 06:47:29 am »
So what you're saying is that a 'good' cav will give up on a high priority target for some easy kills.

I disagree, sir. One good kill is worth 10 shit ones.

What I am saying is that a good cav knows when to break off and rotate his attack to another high priority target, as there are always several of them on the battlefield and using your speed you should always find one who is not expecting you, and if it fails then hit the next one without a break.

If there is only one high priority target left on the battlefield then sure, harass away and lock him down and try tokill him.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2011, 10:01:05 am »
+1
What Tears says is true. GK were talking about what makes Torben (1h) and Leed (lancer), Kerrigan (lancer), Chagan (lancer) and Jahboh (lancer) so effective on horseback. It's their ability to skip from target to target and always manage to pick the perfect one that's just not paying attention. They seem to be able to judge it perfectly a lot of the time, and know exactly where to put themselves to get the kill without endangering themselves to much. It takes a higher level of skill and awareness than most cav to be able to do that. They never get into duels, and constantly keep moving around the battlefield, if they miss a strike, they move on unless they know they have a clear cut kill. And no, they don't only kill easy targets, they often take out the higher level armoured targets as well. But it's that skill that takes them to the top of the server.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 10:03:11 am by Overdriven »

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2011, 05:11:13 pm »
What Tears says is true. GK were talking about what makes Torben (1h) and Leed (lancer), Kerrigan (lancer), Chagan (lancer) and Jahboh (lancer) so effective on horseback. It's their ability to skip from target to target and always manage to pick the perfect one that's just not paying attention. They seem to be able to judge it perfectly a lot of the time, and know exactly where to put themselves to get the kill without endangering themselves to much. It takes a higher level of skill and awareness than most cav to be able to do that. They never get into duels, and constantly keep moving around the battlefield, if they miss a strike, they move on unless they know they have a clear cut kill. And no, they don't only kill easy targets, they often take out the higher level armoured targets as well. But it's that skill that takes them to the top of the server.

+1

The 40° limitation already force cav to always dogfight, which puts them at a great risk of being killed because of the horse's head being easy to reach, dont nerf it further.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 05:13:13 pm by Butan »