Author Topic: horselancers are still op ..  (Read 3104 times)

Offline Bonze

• Knight
  • Renown: 47
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-Fagcher-Liberation-Front (AFLF)
  • Game nicks: King of FF bump
horselancers are still op ..
« on: July 18, 2011, 02:17:07 pm »
2 weeks  ago a lot of cheap promises ..bla bla horse lancer nerf bla bla :rolleyes:

easy mod is still on :  get a champinon (arabian) horse put a lot of WPF in pole , get a lance , kill 5.000.000  enemys with low risk (praise the  weapon length and the insane horse maneuver) .If your horse dies spam with your second pole weapon like theres no tomorrow. well done .

Where are the  breakable lances ??
Got no Balls? Play archer. Got no sex? Play horse archer.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: horselancers are still op ..
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 02:20:28 pm »
+1
Now is the time to duck.

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 02:24:59 pm »
lol, look mate, i understand how you feel, so here are some tips:
If you simply sidestep to the left, chances are he will either miss you or he will have to lance headon, which means many many many weapons will outdistance the lance as you will hit the horse before he hits you.
If you really are so concerned about not getting killed by horses, get a long weapon or stay near some pikemen.
Horses are already among the most expensive equipment items to upkeep, horses got reduced speed and maneuver and the lance can only turn 40 degrees. I don't know what class you play, but any class now has a decent chance against a horse if he sees it coming (well, as a sword and boarder, just spam block :)). If you don't, well thats what happens when you give lancers 40 degrees of turn, they go back to buttsechsing unaware infantry.

P.S.: i can deal just fine with cav onfoot with my lance, get a longer weapon and you will be fine.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline Vanular

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • And a good day to you, good sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 02:58:03 pm »
+1
Lancers aren't overpowered. The only reason why they rack up kills is because the deluded and unorganized mob is easy prey when you have the element of surprise.

Versus any organized mob (or even one person aware of his surroundings) Lancers are worth little.

In Strategus, Lancers will be borderline useless and way too expensive (Assuming that Strategus factions actually work together when they play).
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 03:14:17 pm »
Lancers aren't overpowered. The only reason why they rack up kills is because the deluded and unorganized mob is easy prey when you have the element of surprise.

Versus any organized mob (or even one person aware of his surroundings) Lancers are worth little.

In Strategus, Lancers will be borderline useless and way too expensive (Assuming that Strategus factions actually work together when they play).

this is a good point, any group standing together with archers and/or pikemen make lancers completely useless.

btw@op, if you think lancer = low risk you are very wrong, lancer is probably the highest risk class out there, you constantly have to be among the enemy lines, any hit you take does more damage due to speed and most horses are very vulnerable to ranged. Not to mention every ranged in the area is going to start shooting at you rather than at inf. Then there is hitting a small rock and your horse coming to a stop in the middle of enemies. And with the 40 degrees of turn, its very difficult to defend yourself against attacks from the side.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 03:20:18 pm by Wookimonsta »
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline Bonze

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2011, 03:33:39 pm »
lol, look mate, i understand how you feel, so here are some tips:
If you simply sidestep to the left, chances are he will either miss you or he will have to lance headon, which means many many many weapons will outdistance the lance as you will hit the horse before he hits you.
If you really are so concerned about not getting killed by horses, get a long weapon or stay near some pikemen.
Horses are already among the most expensive equipment items to upkeep, horses got reduced speed and maneuver and the lance can only turn 40 degrees. I don't know what class you play, but any class now has a decent chance against a horse if he sees it coming (well, as a sword and boarder, just spam block :)). If you don't, well thats what happens when you give lancers 40 degrees of turn, they go back to buttsechsing unaware infantry.

P.S.: i can deal just fine with cav onfoot with my lance, get a longer weapon and you will be fine.

I have 2  1 H cav chars,  its easy to ignore horse lancers as cav. But i cant ignore  the low risk (lance with 180 length ) vs high risk ( vs  1H with  100 length )

Offline Bonze

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2011, 04:00:34 pm »
this is a good point, any group standing together with archers and/or pikemen make lancers completely useless.

btw@op, if you think lancer = low risk you are very wrong, lancer is probably the highest risk class out there, you constantly have to be among the enemy lines, any hit you take does more damage due to speed and most horses are very vulnerable to ranged. Not to mention every ranged in the area is going to start shooting at you rather than at inf. Then there is hitting a small rock and your horse coming to a stop in the middle of enemies. And with the 40 degrees of turn, its very difficult to defend yourself against attacks from the side.

lHigh risk with a lance? most players have weapons under  150 length ...
The ranged arguments are not valid, every map have good cover behind houses, walls , rocks. Ranged  is a static class they cant  move  from map  end to map  end in 10 seconds. Cav is the class with the most freedom you have 2-4 sec to leave hot spots ..most ranged are dead  if they leave their static cover.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 04:03:54 pm by Bonze »

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2011, 04:04:33 pm »
+1
buy a 2h sword or pike like everyone else

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2011, 04:48:44 pm »
+1

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Horse lancers are not op xD
they work far more like a support class now, which is how they should be, I'm having a lot of fun on my horse this gen, lancing and though I'm terrible cav I'm still enjoying it a lot, lancing is a whole different ball game compared to just being a foot infantry.

Infantry with eyes & ears should not have TOO much of a  problem with melee cav (lancer or not)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 05:11:29 pm by Memento_Mori »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2011, 05:14:35 pm »
^^^^^^^^^^^
When my Clan hits a server there is at least one archer and at least one pikeman... We are always vigilant and tense against cav, but we don't fear them due to using our brains.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2011, 05:33:01 pm »
Overpowered? I'd call them underpowered, I can easily doge them already with 3 athletics, can even attack them on my onehander, 2handers outrange them etc.

I'd say bring back the old angles, maybe a little bit less,  but make damage to cut to keep em in check.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Bonze

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2011, 06:38:14 pm »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Horse lancers are not op xD
they work far more like a support class now, which is how they should be, I'm having a lot of fun on my horse this gen, lancing and though I'm terrible cav I'm still enjoying it a lot, lancing is a whole different ball game compared to just being a foot infantry.

Infantry with eyes & ears should not have TOO much of a  problem with melee cav (lancer or not)

Time to start playing at eu 1 .Support class  with 20-40:2-4 K/D  every map ..nice joke
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 06:46:10 pm by Bonze »

Offline Beans

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: USA
  • Game nicks: USA_MEATMERCHANT_AMERICA
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2011, 07:51:20 pm »
+1
Time to start playing at eu 1 .Support class  with 20-40:2-4 K/D  every map ..nice joke

That's because 20% of the team is made of idiots. You just drive your horse around behind these unaware people and stab them in the back.

Anyone can get 40 kills every round by killing the idiots, dudes on horses just get to the idiots first.

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2011, 08:51:56 pm »
^^^^^^^^^^^
When my Clan hits a server there is at least one archer and at least one pikeman... We are always vigilant and tense against cav, but we don't fear them due to using our brains.

They do this quite well. Its very difficult to take down this setup with the current patch.

Lancers are in a good spot right now. The 90 degree side-of-lance poke was taken out, removing much of the OPness behind lancers.
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2011, 09:57:43 pm »
Troll thread.

1h should be able to take lancers easy, unless they drop the lance. As for lance on inf, it's a lot harder now. Requires more thought. Considering you can't circle poke ect.

Most inf that dies from lancers now, deserved to die always. You have to be seriously oblivious to die to a lance that can barely turn.