Author Topic: All X-Bows Should be Two Slots  (Read 15227 times)

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
Re: All X-Bows Should be Two Slots
« Reply #180 on: June 28, 2011, 01:09:29 pm »
Its all about accuracy. Make them realistically "accurate" and it will be just fine, no matter the damage. Right now any, and i mean literally ANY fool out there can sharpshoot a walking/running/strafing target no matter the distance, just spectate the EU round for a bit and you'll see dozens of "marksmen", "sharpshooters", "Willhelm Tells" and other kinds of sniping national heroes, while it should be reserved for only the best (luckiest) of them. Back in the old days you had some chance to survive a crossbowman aiming at you via your footwork/luck/whatever, now you don't stand a chance at all, if one of them is aiming at you - you're as good as dead. Guys like this (any similarity with Fasader is pure coincidence) rape with crossbows:

(click to show/hide)
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Shablagoo

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 28, 2011, 01:28:58 pm »
Lol umad?

Why the heck should a regular crossbow one-shot people in light armor? O.o

The problem with xbows it that so many people are carrying them as a sidearm, mostly for "shotgunning" which is brutally effective. (And requires no wpf investment whatsoever)

It's just so annoying that you will never survive facingmore than two-three "melee" infantry per round as pure melee due to the xbow shotgunning guranteeing you will lose 40-50% health each encounter.

But I don't really see how shotgunning can be prevented/nerfed other than a pure damage nerf. (Although crossbow looms NEED a nerf right now imo)

I didn't say light armor, genius, I said peasant or no armor.  Which was a response to someone else saying they get one-shotted by crossbows.  Learn to read, moron.

Second of all, I've seen the xbow with 1 wpf lately and it's horrifically bad.  If you're getting shot by it at any range then you're awful. 

Third, NOTHING effects crossbow damage in terms of player attributes, so xbow heirlooms SHOULD have better stats because there is no attribute or skill that multiplies its effectiveness.  Higher stats on a crossbow are equal to much lower stats on a bow or melee weapon. 

It's a shame that 2h and polearm spamming is so easy and overpowered that so many people have flocked to it.  And since they're naturally vulnerable to ranged it just results in more whiners complaining that archery and xbows aren't as useless as throwing yet.  I'm on one of the EU servers now and the top 5 players on each team are all 2h or polearm without exception.  23 of the top 25 na players are 2handers or polearms.  But of course the xbow is the problem.  What a joke...

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #182 on: June 28, 2011, 01:56:08 pm »
"I didn't say light armor, genius"

"Learn to read"

"moron."

"you're awful"

"whiners complaining"

"What a joke..."

"What a meme spewing douche"

"Good job adding nothing"

"knee jerk mongoloids"

"dumb pictures"

"shotgunning"

I've seen the xbow with 1 wpf lately and it's horrifically bad.

If you're getting shot by it at any range then you're awful.

I didn't say light armor, genius, I said peasant armor!!!

The regular xbow regularly fails to kill people with peasant armor with a single body shot.

more derpderpderpderp...

...I just had to
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 02:15:08 pm by Dezilagel »

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Shablagoo

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 28, 2011, 02:08:28 pm »
What a meme spewing douche.  Good job adding nothing.  Perfect example of the knee jerk mongoloids that want anything that kills them nerfed. 

Is spamming quotes your way of hoping no one notices how little you have to add to any discussion?  Sort of like the way you spam dumb pictures and memes so people won't notice how profoundly unfunny you are? 

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #184 on: June 28, 2011, 02:15:45 pm »
Stupid posts get stupid replies.

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #185 on: June 28, 2011, 06:33:34 pm »
Locking this thread as it seems no one has anything to add to this discussion anymore and instead of actually reading my posts in the thread, people just -1 my awesomebar for the thread title.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character