Author Topic: All X-Bows Should be Two Slots  (Read 14604 times)

Offline Danath

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: All X-Bows Should be Two Slots
« Reply #165 on: June 13, 2011, 05:17:29 am »
From what I can tell my xbow seems more inaccurate so its already nerfed.

Also consider you need to hold ammo, thats another slot.

Also, rhodoks in native can hold 1H + shield + xbow + bolts.

No one will go xbow if they cant hold a 1h+shield or a polearm/2h. Not worth firing a few missed shots in an already nerfed xbow.

This change I can't see happening as its retarded.

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 13, 2011, 07:11:43 am »
first off, in native crossbows don't do 98 damage a pop.

Secondly, Crossbows were not nerfed at all, and they are in fact more accurate than bows. I should know, I have an archer and a hybrid crossbower. The crossbow-woman is more accurate than the bow, despite the fact she has 30 less wpf in xbows than my archer has in bows.
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline Danath

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 13, 2011, 01:33:43 pm »
Default native damage is by default set to 50% only against you. I changed it to 100% damage and native xbows HURT. A head shot = dead even with good armor.

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 13, 2011, 03:52:47 pm »
Default native damage is by default set to 50% only against you.

lolwut  :lol:

don't even TRY to compare single player to a multiplayer game here. Native multiplayer xbowmen didn't do NEARLY the same amount of damage as c-rpg crossbows.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #169 on: June 14, 2011, 12:11:31 am »
I can use a Sword of War on horseback in native. Please, if there is one change I could have, it'd be to let me use my two-handers on horseback. Would be so much fun.  :twisted:
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 14, 2011, 12:19:52 am »
I can use a Sword of War on horseback in native. Please, if there is one change I could have, it'd be to let me use my two-handers on horseback. Would be so much fun.  :twisted:

Haha, yeah. Can't even use a stick with a nail on it (Goedendag) on horse. Weaaak.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Phallas

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 27, 2011, 07:20:15 am »
first off, in native crossbows don't do 98 damage a pop.

Secondly, Crossbows were not nerfed at all, and they are in fact more accurate than bows. I should know, I have an archer and a hybrid crossbower. The crossbow-woman is more accurate than the bow, despite the fact she has 30 less wpf in xbows than my archer has in bows.

but also, in native people don't wear Black Armour or have 10 ironflesh, some people wearing normal chain-mail are still standing after 3 normal xbow shots with steel bolts, thats over 150 perice dmg, how the fuck are they still standing.
Those 3 shots take 20 seconds from reload to closed crosshair Native siege xbow reloads in less then 2 secs, and hits for 60 pierce 62 if you count steel bolts.

the shot speed of a native xbow makes Crpg xbow bolts  seem like volleyballs.

i often have to aim in-front of people as if they are horses in native (normal xbow) that's how credulous the shot speed has gotten, the bolt falls short at an astonishing rate, ,making long range shots, a volley, buy the time they reach their target they do shit all damage.

my point is, native had balanced the weapons against each other for over 4 months of beta testing and 1 year of release fixes
the xbow and all other weapons where balanced against each other.

Crpg has seen some rather massive nerfs to xbow coming from native, why is this?
this is because of people bitching.

Instead of re-balancing an already balanced weapon, chadz should have simply made pole-arms 3-slots, think about it pole arms are huge in size, much larger then xbows.

Xbows should be rolled back to their native values, and mabye keep the arbalast for the really heavy duty but slow reloading role.

one last thing, wtf is up with 12 bolts????, bolts are half the size of arrows, densest it makes sense that you can carry twice as much? the quiver is tiny it can fit on both sides of your hips, how can you give it the same slot as a Longsword?

I'll close with this, instead of changing a basic original weapon from  native to suit the new Armour and equipment of crpg, instead do it the other way round, keep the base weapons as they are, and change the new ones.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 07:28:28 am by Phallas »

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 27, 2011, 07:16:08 pm »
Phallas, all ranged weapons had a shot speed reduction from native.

Here is why: in native, while xbows and bows were very powerful, they were also limited by stats, armor selection, and weapon choices. In CRPG, those weapon choices are much wider.

My xbower never runs out of bolts, and the accuracy is absurd for the little amount of wpf I invested into it. Not sure why you even tried to use that as ammo as a reason of xbows being nerfed.

You are partially correct in the fact that ranged weapons were changed from native because of higher armor capabilities, but most people don't use black armor regularly.  The average player has around 45 armor on their body.

I doubt any of this will get through to you, as you seem to be highly infatuated with your xbow build. Try to take a step back from your character, and look at the grand scheme of things. Xbows are hands down the strongest ranged weapon and require the least amount of investment.

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 28, 2011, 02:49:40 am »
Yeah, I'm tired of stupid crossbows one shot killing me. They're also super accurate for an infinite time, and you can be relatively accurate with them while running.

NERF

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
« Reply #174 on: June 28, 2011, 03:08:47 am »
Yeah, I'm tired of stupid crossbows one shot killing me. They're also super accurate for an infinite time, and you can be relatively accurate with them while running.

NERF
Weren't crossbows created to be stronger than bows, require hardly any skill, and take human error out of the way when it comes to accuracy?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #175 on: June 28, 2011, 04:23:56 am »

NERF

Even without rain I bet that if you counted in your head for a day the amounts of time a crossbow hit you, less than half the time they'd one shot you unless it was by me or another dedicated xbow user with heirloomed items and high wpf(you won't even have to count when it's raining most of the time since we all know it doesn't happen then). Xbows just need a higher wpf curve, or an additional stat like power draw added in So that low level hybriding has some actual penalties to it.

Also, in regards to what Sei said,

Strongest ranged weapons? Not even close, The longbow can do about 80-90 percent of the damage the top xbow can with a much higher rate of fire.

Now does it require the least amount of investment? Absolutely.. In fact, it requires too little investment.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 04:28:16 am by Darkkarma »
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Shablagoo

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 28, 2011, 06:12:03 am »
The regular xbow regularly fails to kill people with peasant armor with a single body shot.  I'm sure a pure peasant would die in one shot but someone with any strength at all and no armor certainly won't.  And that's not even including rain, which means if you have an xbow you might as well not play at all.

It's great having random weather effects that arbitrarily render your character pointless to play.  It's a great gameplay element.  I propose that anyone with a 2hander and plate armor should fall over every 10-15 seconds from heat exhaustion whenever it's sunny out. 

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #177 on: June 28, 2011, 10:12:12 am »
The regular xbow regularly fails to kill people with peasant armor with a single body shot.  I'm sure a pure peasant would die in one shot but someone with any strength at all and no armor certainly won't.  And that's not even including rain, which means if you have an xbow you might as well not play at all.

It's great having random weather effects that arbitrarily render your character pointless to play.  It's a great gameplay element.  I propose that anyone with a 2hander and plate armor should fall over every 10-15 seconds from heat exhaustion whenever it's sunny out.

Lol umad?

Why the heck should a regular crossbow one-shot people in light armor? O.o

The problem with xbows it that so many people are carrying them as a sidearm, mostly for "shotgunning" which is brutally effective. (And requires no wpf investment whatsoever)

It's just so annoying that you will never survive facingmore than two-three "melee" infantry per round as pure melee due to the xbow shotgunning guranteeing you will lose 40-50% health each encounter.

But I don't really see how shotgunning can be prevented/nerfed other than a pure damage nerf. (Although crossbow looms NEED a nerf right now imo)

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #178 on: June 28, 2011, 12:59:54 pm »
But I don't really see how shotgunning can be prevented/nerfed other than a pure damage nerf. (Although crossbow looms NEED a nerf right now imo)

Different wpf requirement for the different xbows sounds a nice option. Also, AFAIK, crossbow heirlooms will be nerfed slightly.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #179 on: June 28, 2011, 01:01:40 pm »
Different wpf requirement for the different xbows sounds a nice option. Also, AFAIK, crossbow heirlooms will be nerfed slightly.

...Along with a dmg nerf? It's like 13 (!) pts of dmg for xbow + bolts atm which is just insane imo.

EDIT: Ninja'd xD

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die