Author Topic: Will crpg gold be important in strategus?  (Read 8804 times)

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
Re: Will crpg gold be important in strategus?
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2011, 10:56:19 pm »
tbh i don't mind if the two economies were completely separated.

Perhaps a cool exception would be for cRPG players to use their chars and their perhaps heirloomed cRPG gear as mercenaries somehow.

Strategus could calculate a price to "rent" the equipment (automatically) that the player normally has(as an option), and give the money to him in strategus only.

That way we could see players in strategus fighting in what they are used to, and not having to resort to whatever the warlord buys for him. Note that this was entirely possible to do in the previous installment, but required intense and unnecessary micromanagement. (Imagine buying players exact amounts of their preferred gear for lots of different players.. = micro-nightmare)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2011, 05:17:22 am »
Some people with market deals is making tons of money.
Right, but it doesn't create money. Putting peasant gear on and playing crpg for 10 hours creates money. Someone has to lose money for you to make money on the market.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Joseph

• Knight
  • Renown: 26
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • I am your worst french nightmare.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2011, 05:30:47 am »
Right, but it doesn't create money. Putting peasant gear on and playing crpg for 10 hours creates money. Someone has to lose money for you to make money on the market.

Welcome to Economy.

the gold will have the value people will give to it. Just like the current marketplace.
Apart from trading, gold will have (nearly) no value.
Also, it will be transferrable both ways.

I guess nobody ever heard:
"The first necessity to win a war is gold, gold ,and yet more gold."
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 11:51:53 pm by Joseph »
"Dam those peasants bite hard"

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2011, 12:45:05 pm »
i hope with this system the gold will have exactly the same value as its true value is - close to nothing. aye i could live with that, might give more opportunities to those that trade resources etc - so they trade things of real value and not some virtual gold gained by going in peasant gear in crpg...

also there are really sinks for "gold" in strategus. every big battle is a huge "gold" sink.

i think it might work, in the worst case we will fight with what everybody will be able to craft by himself (so rocks and clubs). doesn't sound that bad either...
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline MountedRhader

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player
  • Farewell, I am free
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2011, 10:41:28 am »
Rocks and clubs actually sound sort of fun! :P

Offline Kazak

• Knight
  • Renown: 42
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
  • Сiла и Чѣсть!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Honeybadgers
  • Game nicks: Kazak
« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2011, 08:11:31 pm »
obi it will be separated.
Can u imagine fraction selling MW weapons and getting millions of gold.
Raising inflation, I guess economy will be separated.
Не веровать и верить свободно - Вот в чём вера моя... И только в одно
Я верую слепо, как сердцу угодно: В веселье и радость, и в смех и в вино!

Offline 22nd_King_Plazek

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2011, 08:31:33 pm »
Not according to chadz post on the first page of this thread.

Offline Kazak

• Knight
  • Renown: 42
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
  • Сiла и Чѣсть!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Honeybadgers
  • Game nicks: Kazak
« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2011, 08:49:52 pm »
chadz can change his mind any day...
especially when he will realize it
Не веровать и верить свободно - Вот в чём вера моя... И только в одно
Я верую слепо, как сердцу угодно: В веселье и радость, и в смех и в вино!

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2011, 10:02:30 pm »
Its actually not that different from before.  Pre-January every 1 gold you made in cRPG meant you made 1 gold in Strategus and the only other way to make Strategus gold was by:

1) mercing for other people's fights for a fee (was capped at 1000 gold eventually, hope that is changed to 10000 gold)
2) owning a fief and collecting revenue
3) transfers between Strategus individuals (usually a trade like 1000 troops for 75,000 gold)

It sounds post-patch it will include:
4) heirloom sales from cRPG
5) daily grind from cRPG (same as before but without the double gain in both strategus and cRPG)

But since creating armor and weapons is a manufacturing process that will require goods and time you once again enter the area of demand and supply.  If too many people try to grind their way to buying equipment, the non-grinders who just manufacture their own equipment on Strategus will be able to raise their prices and mak even more gold, which will help pay for hiring mercenaries, paying upkeep for troops, buying troops from other players, and buying different equipment or buying fiefs outright.
The market forces will automatically correct themselves so even the richest cRPG millionaires will find they can only go so far with it and will eventually realize that it is better to conserve it for essential purposes (mercs, upkeep, fiefs) and manufacture the rest like everyone else or risk spending it all on one campaign to find that they can't make gold quick enough to compensate for their outgoing expenditures in trying to use gold for everything.

This natural equilibrium showed itself in old Strategus where the cost of troops steadily decreased near the end because fief holders made too many troops a day, the number of factions with fiefs decreased and most were allies of each other so less expenditure of troops.  When there was more warmongering earlier, the cost of troops was very high for landless clans.  Plus you had to retain enough gold to outfit your troops with decent gear (roughly 150K gold per 1000 troops).  Looking forward to a full fledged market economy, but the first release will not have it from the sounds of things, market will only come out several weeks after that along with the other new features.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline 22nd_King_Plazek

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2011, 11:03:14 pm »
Except in old-Strat gold had real transferable value. You could convert the otherwise useless gold into equipment and weapons or use it to pay for your troops. This meant there was like a "gold standard".

However now things are changing, you will make equipment and weapons with materials, gold will not be required. I also presume you will have to feed soldiers with food or something on account of chadz comment of:
the gold will have the value people will give to it. Just like the current marketplace.
Apart from trading, gold will have (nearly) no value.
Also, it will be transferrable both ways.

This means any REAL value gold did have is now gone, with regards to Strategus. The only real value it has is on CRPG where it pays for repairs and gear.

---

This is very different from old-Strat. Smart people will request to be paid in things that actually have utility. You cannot assume that because things worked in old-Strat a certain way with regards to the economy that they will work in the new-Strat. The economic model is completely different.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2011, 12:53:51 am »
No-one knows until it comes out.

Hopefully we wont have to wait too long after old strat is relaunched to see these updates come in.
Turtles