Author Topic: just a thought on builds, the basics  (Read 3624 times)

Offline Polobow

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SoA
Re: just a thought on builds, the basics
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2011, 03:41:33 pm »
No one does well doing that.

Actually, as a hoplite it is quite usefull.

Offline marco1391

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Legio_Marco1691
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2011, 04:29:00 pm »
cut

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2011, 04:37:38 pm »
The unique reason to put more points into str than before is because people are starting to get ridiculous armor heirlooms so bounces really become frequent when they should not (I consider a 1h sword with 6 PS shouldn't bounce all the time...). When only weapons were heirloomed, agi was way better.

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2011, 04:46:52 pm »
The unique reason to put more points into str than before is because people are starting to get ridiculous armor heirlooms so bounces really become frequent when they should not (I consider a 1h sword with 6 PS shouldn't bounce all the time...). When only weapons were heirloomed, agi was way better.

Should be fixed with the new soak/reduce values for armour. You deal about the same or a bit less damage against heavy armour, buy you clance less.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2011, 07:08:15 pm »
No one does well doing that.

Backpeddling works against me. You should backpeddle more goretooth

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2011, 07:19:23 pm »
Then add a tag to bows that makes people run slower while they're in the inventory.  Some of us would LIKE to use speed and dodging combined with our blocking skills in melee instead of insane HP and massive heavy armor.  Some of us would like to wear medium armor as a melee fighter as our "heavy" armor and be noticably faster than str builders.

I do see your point however.  Fucking ranged players ruin EVERYTHING once again.   :evil:

I would love to see a speed nerf to archers even without the agi boost, but the natural counter to agi builds are range or teamwork. I wonder if a buff in AGI would lead to even more legolas archers because of the ability to 1-2 hit those speed demons, since a str build would be left in the dust because of the crazy speed. 

I find that in battle, high agi toons run away and try to isolate people into 1v1 duels. This is annoying as fuck and not really what i consider a real battle, soloing people isn't fighting like soldiers.  I worry that this would be even more prevalent with a buff to agi, especially combined with the increased number of range.

I acknowledge that atm STR is better overall compared to AGI, but being a str build means you cannot retreat, and are limited tactically compared to AGI toons. At the same time, they hit harder and take more damage, they rely more on teamwork and brute force rather than movement to gain the upper hand

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2011, 08:07:48 pm »
I would love to see a speed nerf to archers even without the agi boost, but the natural counter to agi builds are range or teamwork. I wonder if a buff in AGI would lead to even more legolas archers because of the ability to 1-2 hit those speed demons, since a str build would be left in the dust because of the crazy speed. 

Archers have gotten enough nerfs in my opinion and are fine right now (no, I am not one of them).

I find that in battle, high agi toons run away and try to isolate people into 1v1 duels. This is annoying as fuck and not really what i consider a real battle, soloing people isn't fighting like soldiers.  I worry that this would be even more prevalent with a buff to agi, especially combined with the increased number of range.

I acknowledge that atm STR is better overall compared to AGI, but being a str build means you cannot retreat, and are limited tactically compared to AGI toons. At the same time, they hit harder and take more damage, they rely more on teamwork and brute force rather than movement to gain the upper hand

Sorry, but this is just plain false. Strength builds hit way harder than agility builds atm and can also take much more damage due to higher IF and the ability to wear better armor. Or did I misunderstand you there?
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2011, 08:29:37 pm »
Sorry, but this is just plain false. Strength builds hit way harder than agility builds atm and can also take much more damage due to higher IF and the ability to wear better armor.

True, but agi builds can take advantage of weapon length and their athletics.

A) Backpeddle with a long ass weapon.
B) Lightly armoured and sidestep and hit past your opponents blocks (ninja style)

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2011, 09:18:40 pm »
Archers have gotten enough nerfs in my opinion and are fine right now (no, I am not one of them).

Sorry, but this is just plain false. Strength builds hit way harder than agility builds atm and can also take much more damage due to higher IF and the ability to wear better armor. Or did I misunderstand you there?

i was talking about str builds lulz

B) Lightly armoured and sidestep and hit past your opponents blocks (ninja style)

this, oh god this. Especially if the enemy lags and is a str build
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 09:20:40 pm by Thucydides »

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2011, 11:44:58 pm »

I just love it when agi builds try to backpeddle, it just makes killing them so much easier since they are nullifying themselves their biggest advantage (which is movement). 1 maybe 2 blocks and then ur set.

I would love to see more ninja style fighting tbh, atm there's too many 13 ps lolstab abusers with no footwork whatsoever doing really well since ath is so unimportant (someone posted somewere that 10 ath gives like 15% movespeed boost WTF?!), while agi builds who try to use the range just glance all the time due to the low dmg.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 11:47:03 pm by Dezilagel »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die