Author Topic: Thx for buffing the archers  (Read 7248 times)

Offline Liveon

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • chadz...am sam, bo tak już mam.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Freedom
  • Game nicks: Liveon and... twins
Re: Thx for buffing the archers
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2011, 02:58:27 pm »
Also the stats you posted where wrong.
Yeah, May 12, changed the name and specifaction old pike=long spear ... mea culpa, mea maxima culpa ... 8-)
but look, when I wrote about it, first time...

EOT, finally...

« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 03:02:54 pm by Liveon »

Offline PikeDan

• Knight
  • Renown: 28
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
  • Pro Fide, pro utilitate hominum
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Pikedan
« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2011, 10:48:54 pm »
Battle Archers are still possible with 18/21, 4 PS, 6PD, 7WM, 6 Ath 150ish WPF in Archery and 80ish in your melee weapon skill of choice, and it's a blast if you go with one of the few 1slot 2h's such as the Spiked Mace or the 2h messer, I think Langs, pardon the spelling mistakes. Hybriding is still very much possible if you plan out your build properly and are going with an AGI build of some sort.

With a Heirloomed Warbow at Fine, Heirloomed arrows and all of that good stuff you get a

Fine Warbow (or Fine Longbow, either or for me, I'm going to be finishing my Masterwork Warbow by the time I finish this gen).
Large Bag of Bodkin Arrows
a 1slot 2h

It works out well and makes you into a good battle archer, perfect for siege because you won't be forced to stand on the walls while the other team descends on the flag.
Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong. That is our oath.

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A friendly archer decorating your ass with arrows
    • View Profile
    • Gab.ai. Freedom of Speech matters.
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: None that you need to know of - except Hirlok the Hermit.
« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2011, 11:06:57 pm »

Fine Warbow (or Fine Longbow, either or for me, I'm going to be finishing my Masterwork Warbow by the time I finish this gen).
Large Bag of Bodkin Arrows
a 1slot 2h

there is no such thing - only 1H

plus you are crippled by too few arrows and/or a weak bow (I do the same thing right now with Khergit, 2 quivers, 1H mace - and it sucks)

Sure it is still "possible" to hybridize, but worse than before and nothing compared to all the unnerfed 2H/pole hybrids that are running around etc...
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...

Offline PikeDan

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 16, 2011, 11:15:36 pm »
Excuse me. 1slot 1h/2h. Spiked Mace, Fighting Axe, Langs Messer are all a single slot.
Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong. That is our oath.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2011, 11:25:25 pm »
unnerfed 2H/pole hybrids that are running around etc...

explain...
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2011, 11:42:22 pm »
Excuse me. 1slot 1h/2h. Spiked Mace, Fighting Axe, Langs Messer are all a single slot.

Im finding those to be crap hybrids as if you are moving (footwork) or blocking hitting x to switch to secondary mode 2hander doesn't work, so you see an enemy approaching, take your last shot, switch to melee weapon in time, hit x and block their attack then swing back... and they hit you a second time (kill you if head hit) before you finish your attack because you are still stuck in 1handed mode with 1 wpf speed.  I wish you could set your default primary mode on the website like you set your default weapons.  The whole point of ana rcher havign a melee wepaon si he can fight in melee when someone gets close, but you have to stand completely still not blocking or moving when youa re hitting the x key, which will get you killed in most circumstances as why would you switch to melee unless the enemy was gtting to close.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2011, 11:53:41 pm »
You just press x once at the spawn and it stays in 2h mode for the entire round. Not that the messer isn't a top 1h in the first place.

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 17, 2011, 12:48:11 am »
explain...

the patch, among other things, was meant to kill hybrids, officially.
This worked very well for archers, the better xbows, and partially throwers.

But 2h/pole is not very much affected by the slot system, still no problem carrying a big sword AND a bec, pike, 1h/shield, whatever.
Very realistic, and very much in the spirit of "pure" classes, that seem to be so important when it comes to archers...
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 12:53:35 am by Hirlok »
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #68 on: May 17, 2011, 12:52:22 am »
But 2h/pole is not very much affected by the slot system, still no problem carrying a big sword AND a bec, pike, whatever.
Very realistic, and very much in the spirit of "pure" classes, that seem to be so important when it comes to archers...

Because 2h/pole arent ranged weapons you tool...  :idea:

Btw make normal xbow take 2 slots and finish the ranged plauge spreading from this source :!: :!:
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 17, 2011, 12:55:25 am »
Because 2h/pole arent ranged weapons you tool...  :idea:

your point being? besides ranged-hate and being impolite as to be expected from a melee brute?

Offline PikeDan

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 17, 2011, 02:35:11 am »
You just press x once at the spawn and it stays in 2h mode for the entire round. Not that the messer isn't a top 1h in the first place.
This, Press X once, and you've got yourself a good 2h that can deal with most things if they get close

Nevermind the ridiculous knockdown from the Spiked mace (Note: You don't even need to press X to use the damn thing in 2h, it's 2h 'till you use a shield, and I doubt you'll see too many archer/shielder builds nowadays.)