Author Topic: Archived strat battles - chart view  (Read 2621 times)

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
Re: Archived strat battles - chart view
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2013, 02:39:48 pm »
The 1/3 system on its own will not work because Clans can still have people inside grinding troops to replace any losses.  With enough grinders you can easily make certain fiefs unconquerable.

On the other hand we should not want to end up with a system whereby Towns can be taken in 1 assault easily and regardless of the number of troops inside.  It is already possible with flag capping but it shouldn't be any more probable because then we go back to a strat where whichever big clans happen to be most active will stomp on everything in their path (like Strat 3).

What we need is a way of freezing fief garrisons under certain circumstances so that fiefs can be ground down naturally over time with 1500 man armies.  Then the defender has to either sit back and take the assaults, which will come at the attackers convenience, or they have to sally out and leave their defenses to break the siege.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2013, 03:10:19 pm »
+1
First statistical check I did:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thats an average of 4500 troops per fief, counting villages as fiefs, even though most of them have 0 or very few troops in.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Tyr_

• Earl
  • Renown: 445
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player
  • Suum cuique
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tyr; Merc_Nemo; Caesar_Salad
  • IRC nick: Tyr_
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2013, 04:15:00 pm »
The 1/3 system on its own will not work because Clans can still have people inside grinding troops to replace any losses.  With enough grinders you can easily make certain fiefs unconquerable.

On the other hand we should not want to end up with a system whereby Towns can be taken in 1 assault easily and regardless of the number of troops inside.  It is already possible with flag capping but it shouldn't be any more probable because then we go back to a strat where whichever big clans happen to be most active will stomp on everything in their path (like Strat 3).

What we need is a way of freezing fief garrisons under certain circumstances so that fiefs can be ground down naturally over time with 1500 man armies.  Then the defender has to either sit back and take the assaults, which will come at the attackers convenience, or they have to sally out and leave their defenses to break the siege.

I already made a suggestion with a pretty long explanation about a possible solution: Basicly you need to besiege a fief with an army that has at least the size of the fiefs army (yes, besieging will be expensive, nothing comes for free), and this should block all troop&equipment transfers to/from the fiefs (this also includes the equipment bug getting fixed so you can use all your gear all the time), the only thing possible should be selling items so you can get rid of minused stuff. Once the fief is besieged attackers obviously can put in as many/few troops into an assault as they want, though they might want to end it quickly due to the high upkeep.
Ofc the army should be attackable - either by a counterassault from the city or by attacks from the outside.
Attackers from the outside should be able to breach the besieging armies position when they win their battle and reinforce the city with what they have left afterwards - an idea i like for this is that the besieging army is "spread" around the city. So if there is as many besiegers as besieged, the attacking army has to fight the same amount of tickets it has. So if you besiege a fief with 10k that has an 10k army, an attacker with 1.5k has to fight 1.5
But if you besiege it with 20k, an attacker with a 1.5k army needs to fight 3k.
Whatever survives the battle can reinforce the city, sth like this if i remind it all correctly.

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2013, 11:25:32 pm »
(click to show/hide)

The trouble with that for me is

1) Big armies move extremely slowly and using many small armies to move and then combining would be a nightmare to coordinate
2) The cost really does get silly
3) If counterattacked all you need is a fairly small amount of bad luck with maps and you will get spawn capped losing everything

Basically the cost in time and resources doesn't outweigh the risk in being spawn capped when counterattacked and so i think we would still have the current stalemate.

Offline Tyr_

• Earl
  • Renown: 445
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player
  • Suum cuique
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tyr; Merc_Nemo; Caesar_Salad
  • IRC nick: Tyr_
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2013, 10:38:31 am »
as i said - winning a battle means that you breach the defense to get some reinforcement, you wont kill off the whole army surrounding the city ;)
but yeah, coordination and money cost will be a pain, however its still better than the current system

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2013, 04:29:32 am »
and teleport their players to hell EU

Just wanted to share an information about that.

There is now a "Strategus" option panel in the Settings on the cRPG website : one of the 2 options there is being able to choose whether you want to respawn on the EU side or the NA side when you get teleported.

Not sure if this has been reported yet, but it should tremendously help NA players.

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2013, 04:57:59 am »
which page is it on? I cant find it

Offline Lt_Anders

• King