Author Topic: Archived strat battles - chart view  (Read 2622 times)

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
Re: Archived strat battles - chart view
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2013, 06:40:50 pm »
@Kesh , even if I was a heavy gambler, I would not make a bet on your survival on our side of  map ( aside from problem with ping, of course )  :)

Actually i seem to recall TKOV and us doing quite well in strat 2 sharing an eu/na map, I think you might do okay on our side of the map too if you tried hard (aside from problem with being banned for multiaccounting again. of course) :)
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Tyr_

• Earl
  • Renown: 445
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player
  • Suum cuique
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tyr; Merc_Nemo; Caesar_Salad
  • IRC nick: Tyr_
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2013, 06:56:25 pm »
+4
removing the 1/3 system would be stupid aswell imo. We need a proper siege system. If there is a fief with a 10k army you set up a siege army which has to be the same size/bigger, and then the city must be unable to receive any reinforcements unless the besieging army gets smaller than the cities garrison (obviously the besieging army can be reinforced all the time). Then you should be able to make 1 attack after the other with a reasonable army size, taken from the besieging army
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Chris_the_Animal

• Duke
  • Renown: 663
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Chris
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2013, 07:05:06 pm »
chart feature +1
harpags avatar +1

sadly i cant upvote your post 2 times  :(
Bros never die!

Offline Erasmas

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The crows had come
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Erasmas_the_Grey
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2013, 07:16:52 pm »
removing the 1/3 system would be stupid aswell imo. We need a proper siege system. If there is a fief with a 10k army you set up a siege army which has to be the same size/bigger, and then the city must be unable to receive any reinforcements unless the besieging army gets smaller than the cities garrison (obviously the besieging army can be reinforced all the time). Then you should be able to make 1 attack after the other with a reasonable army size, taken from the besieging army

That, actually, is a very cool idea.

A lot more difficult to implement than waiving the 1/3 rule. What I would add - no trade (on trade goods) in besieged location...

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
  • Renown: 750
  • Infamy: 253
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Form ranks, you maggots!
    • View Profile
    • Kahhhaaargaar!!! Uuurrr!!!
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Kalp_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Kalp
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2013, 07:27:17 pm »
And what with current troops upkeep ? Maintenance of 10k-15k besieging army in this case probably cost a lot of gold...
The goal of Strategus battles shouldnt be to deprive your enemies of players, but to have full roster both sides and have the gear/tactics/strategy win the day rather than lack of merc support.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2013, 07:39:54 pm »
No real surprises in the stats tbh.
Turtles

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2013, 07:48:43 pm »

the besieging army would have to be attackable from outside at any time ofc
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Haramir

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 26
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_Haramir
  • IRC nick: Haramir
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2013, 08:07:56 pm »
Free Companies of Calradia = 197,438 (156,984 lost+40,454 current)

Kind of shows how inaccurate this is.  We have thousands more troops than our garrisons say and of those troops we lost I would say we have bought or traded fiefs or just plain capped flags on over-garrisoned fiefs (captured 15,000 troops that way) for about 90,000 of those tickets.  But under your calculation we would have more members with ticks than grey order and coalition, which I can assure you is absolutely not the case - we would be lucky if we have half their number.

To be fair occitan learned EU turtling from the UIF and have done a total of 45 attacks since the start of strategus - some of those in EU.  They are the biggest faction in NA with most troops, most gold, most players and most fiefs and they are slowly making NA as stagnant as EU thanks to what arrowaine learned from his EU allies - basically all they do is buy fiefs and never attack, change it to trading simulator game with no real battles.

Its like that one economics game theory where whoever wins the most is the guy that turtles while the other guys doesn't turtle, but then everyone chooses to turtle because its in their interest to not be the big loser who doesn't turtle, but then everyone loses when no one attacks.  We gave Occitan an opening by bleeding 50K troops taking all the FIDLGB and most of the Chaos fiefs, while Occitan built up to 120K troops with them and their vassal faction semenstorm by not doing any attacks for months  (basically we would be the big loser in game theory).  But Arrowaine at heart is scared of us and is so worried about Pixel e-peen they went right back to turtling and stopped marching armies towards us before even 1 battle.

Really - EVERYONE needs to get over their addiction to pixel e-peen.  Just risk losing everything and duke it out for all the troops - no one says you have to attack their castles and cities.  Just attack every village and field army you see.  Even if you lose 60K troops you are not going to lose your core cities and castles with those size garrisons - make mad xp for everyone.

We were on the attacker sides almost 40% of the time during our big war with the VE facing infavorables odds during the entire war and made around 120 battles, most of them 1,5K vs 1,5K.  So saying we were turtling is entirely false, i dont consider it to be turtling when we stopped waging wars for a month when we first faced NA faction that build up for months when we just came back from EU unorganized with some troops and golds.

At the moment our clan is not quite active, except managing our strat shit, just like FCC were almost gone for quite a while last year. We are not as active as when we face the VE, these where good times for everyone, but it almost made us putting too much time in this game and we got feed up.  To be honest, at first we only wanted to give a show and survived the first month of the war, but it drags on and on and never ended until recently.

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2013, 08:54:14 pm »
+1
Tyr, 1/3 system would be ok, but only with proper timer or/and with scaling. What we have now is just simply misconception. Do you agree with me?

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2013, 09:00:57 pm »
+2
@ Harpag
1) DRZ have no S&D because Coalition, Crusader Alliance, Knights who say Ni and Peacebreakers have been routinely stealing it whenever they can :D  I don't think they are any better at managing it than anybody else.

:P
the last one who tried steal from as was kingdom of blade so we get 2400 free goods  :o
other is too lazy do to shit like this  :D looking forward to the new shit pulled out of your ass about what's going on in the DRZ and DRZ lands  :twisted:

Templar only achievement is that they respeс our fiefs and now we have the smaller SD increase among the major factions  :P

Offline Casimir

• King
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2013, 09:07:19 pm »
+2
Our only achievement? What about those castles you lost? ;)
Turtles

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2013, 09:39:25 pm »
+1
Our only achievement? What about those castles you lost? ;)
lost? hah! we give it to u in rent so u can make some money  :P

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2013, 09:52:47 pm »
+1
Cold war on desert :Episode 245

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Casimir

• King
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2013, 10:04:07 pm »
+2
I paid for a skiing holiday in the mountains only to find there's no snow! I DEMAND REFUND!
Turtles

Offline Tyr_

• Earl
  • Renown: 445
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player
  • Suum cuique
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tyr; Merc_Nemo; Caesar_Salad
  • IRC nick: Tyr_
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2013, 10:07:03 am »
+1
Tyr, 1/3 system would be ok, but only with proper timer or/and with scaling. What we have now is just simply misconception. Do you agree with me?

On weekends i agree with you, but now during my exam time i barley have time to equip armies^^