Author Topic: Possible solution for reward system - kill multiplier finally!!!  (Read 1978 times)

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
Re: Possible solution for reward system - kill multiplier finally!!!
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2013, 12:21:10 pm »
tl;dr ?!  :lol:

You don't have to.  :wink:
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2013, 12:56:09 pm »
Here is an audio file of the text for those not bothered to read:

http://192.20.225.36/tts/speech/ab76b7c0198ecd048ad76284f5421f1e.wav

nvm.. doesn't work
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2013, 01:13:50 pm »
Here is an audio file of the text for those not bothered to read:

http://192.20.225.36/tts/speech/ab76b7c0198ecd048ad76284f5421f1e.wav

nvm.. doesn't work

Aww couldve used something like that.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2013, 01:34:10 pm »
thx for the kind words.

I think the potato comparison limps heavily (:D), but it makes your point clear anyhow.

Leaving aside that there is no conquest mode in sight for crpg your suggestion would need to be tested and fleshed out of course, but that would require a lot of resources that would be better invested in M:BG, imo. Apart from that I have to say I am very skeptical, because

- i think it is way too complicated
- may leed to awkward situations, e.g.: "mh, I don't attack this guy because it's not in an area around a flag/ because he is my target-class etc." (yeah, yeah, testing and tweaking, but still)
- if everybody wants "them" to do the death blow (which I don't believe will happen in a game like this), who does the killing?
- similar to what vibe says, you force people to play a certain style. you say shield class is more defensive? fine, but others may want to play an aggressive shielder
- how to define classes? Is it determined by which weapon I grab? my build? If its the weapon I get more points while standing near Teammates killing heavy inf while carrying a bow than a 2h? So i switch accordingly even if doesn't make the team win? If it's the build I make an archer build and grab a 2h and kill cav to get more points?

In general I think everything else than rewarding the team for winning the game is not a good idea. Better rework how a team wins the round than this crazy complicated stuff.

and no, really just forget about replacing battle with conquest.

Offline Glyph

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • Turbulence incoming
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Horris
« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2013, 06:31:06 pm »
I've been away for some time and apperetnly I've missed out on something. What exactly is M:BG? can't really find a thread about it.

Glyph you have obsessive Horse Archer and Horse hatred.
- Official diagnosis :)

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2013, 07:08:45 pm »
+2
- i think it is way too complicated

I think that's not too much of a problem, since the players don't have to interact with the reward system. They can do the stuff they want, and just get the according rewards for it. It's only important to know for them that they should target certain classes more than others, but this often happens naturally by the different strengthes and weaknesses of the classes.

- may leed to awkward situations, e.g.: "mh, I don't attack this guy because it's not in an area around a flag/ because he is my target-class etc." (yeah, yeah, testing and tweaking, but still)

If someone decides to do so, it is okay. I don't think it will make such a big difference anyway. Let's say that one guy grants you something like 20 gold (he is about the same level like you). If you were in a flag area, you get let's say 10% more, which is 2 gold. If he is in the flag area as well, you get another 2 gold. Which means you are at 24. Your multiplier after the battle is 0.8 (it should usually by smaller than 1, even if you win), which means you will get 19 gold for him at the end of the round. If none of you was around the flag area, it would have been 16 gold for that one guy. But it doesn't matter anyway, because if you killed him by yourself, you would not get rewards.  :P

- if everybody wants "them" to do the death blow (which I don't believe will happen in a game like this), who does the killing?

"They" do. Ideally the class which doesn't get a reward for that enemy dying anyway, but if not that teammate of yours will kill him, who he went after, because in that moment you think "Shit! Stay away from me! Bugger off! Aaarrgghh" and kill him anyway, you don't care for rewards in that moment. Else it would mean you stay totally passive and only wait for being hit after missing a block.

- similar to what vibe says, you force people to play a certain style. you say shield class is more defensive? fine, but others may want to play an aggressive shielder

You are free to do so, and you will still get all rewards for killed enemies around you and all the other stuff. For example if you are aggressive you will charge the enemies, and those will be found around flags, and as you get more points for being around flags...

My point is, that instead of being aggressive, you could also place yourself at a point where you could protect other players, block enemies, defend archers and grant them cover, etc., and in my eyes this is "more" than just charging mindlessly. That's why I would grant more rewards for that.

Every class has a role in a game. The role of shielder would be best described as "tank" like in RPGs, the thing he is best in is blocking incoming damage. So if someone plays the class after its strength, it's only natural to reward him. Somehow I got the impression people think my system is unfair to people. And I think, the current system is unfair to people.

- how to define classes? Is it determined by which weapon I grab? my build? If its the weapon I get more points while standing near Teammates killing heavy inf while carrying a bow than a 2h? So i switch accordingly even if doesn't make the team win? If it's the build I make an archer build and grab a 2h and kill cav to get more points?

It is the skills you have + the equipment you use. I don't think it's difficult to check. Most things can already be checed on the webside, and the data can be prepared for the log in on the server. Then the game only needs to check your equipment whenever you spawn, and there you go.

And you can make an archer build and try to kill cav with 2hd, but you would most likely fail due to the archer build, and yes, you would get additional points for illing that cav, but you'd have to go in melee, and as you are an archer you would not get any points for the kills around you. So I don't know if that's worth the small differences in your income...  :?

In general I think everything else than rewarding the team for winning the game is not a good idea. Better rework how a team wins the round than this crazy complicated stuff.

Rewarding people independantly from their performance supports douchebaggery. Yes, every player contributes to the outcome of the round, but in such a small extend (in most cases) that it actually doesn't matter for him how he performs. He can do like shit, teamhit five times, get killed by a peasant and still get rewards for winning the round, whereas someone else can kill eight experienced players in a row and still lose the round, with the corresponding tiny rewards. This is highly unfair, and should be changed.

Effort = rewards. I don't get why people dislike that system.

I've been away for some time and apperetnly I've missed out on something. What exactly is M:BG? can't really find a thread about it.

It's the new crowdfunding project of the devs which killed cRPG-development completely. There was a period where you could donate something, and in return you got access to a development subforum which is invisible for the rest of us.

M:BG stands for Melee: Battlegrounds. It's basically meant to be a cRPG standalone.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2013, 09:15:28 pm »
M:BG is under NDA. So don't tell around outside crpg community for now.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2013, 09:56:43 pm »
Change game mode to strategus battle mode.

I think vibe's signature sums up my response adequately:

- Stolen from Macropussy