Author Topic: Throwers Union  (Read 1925 times)

Offline Mendro

• Count
  • Renown: 236
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
Re: Throwers Union
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2013, 01:24:48 pm »
+1
My main is pure thrower
Lv34 : 27/15 , 9 pt , 6 ps ,5 ath , 5 WM
Going to 30/15 at lv35 with 10 PT

My favorite throwing weapons is jarid but I use 1 stack of HTA for melee mode.
I love being thrower cause I'm a good cav hunter and it's a support class. I can play defensive and protect ranged or offensive and try to kill 2H hero.

Offline Berserkadin

• Duke
  • Renown: 592
  • Infamy: 145
    • View Profile
  • Faction: -
  • Game nicks: Krewl_The_Urist_Fox
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2013, 02:05:34 pm »
+1
Atm I prefer Throwing Lances over HTA, you get 60 pierce vs 47 cut, 17 missile speed vs 15, and you only lose 1 ammo.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vengt037

• Count
  • Renown: 259
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE47rDVh3c0
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vengt_The_Horsethief, Glorefindel, Vanderkaum
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2013, 02:39:32 am »
+3
1. Main
2. Hybrid  (throwing + 2h + cav)

What I like about throwing.

- throws can't be blocked except by a shield
- throws can be held, like a crossbow
- unlike an xbower, a thrower has the ability to feint
- throwers "reload" faster than any archer
- throwers can run and throw w/ great accuracy
- throwers used to be able to jump and throw (my fav), but now they can no longer do so, although they can still throw from astride a jumping horse
- throwing weapons do high damage

What I don't like about throwing.

- nothing
- nobody buys throwing weapons for strat

ThrowTips

1. Plant your feet. It's almost never a good idea to throw while moving because of how c-rpg's mechanics work right now. If you move while throwing, the throw will literally curve in the air like a curveball and never hit anything. Plus, planting your feet shrinks the targeting reticule.

2. Pump fake. Newbs will often leave their feet, sometimes leaping directly at you. Throwers are the only ranged class that has the ability to "feint". Pump fake and then when they're on the way down, 'splode towards the basket (throw something at their face).

3. Aim for the face. Throwers are often in a unique situation after dehorsing some smug cav bastard. Although it's considered more honorable to cleanly kill the rider and commandeer the horse for your own use, dehorsed riders are completely helpless on the ground for a ridiculous amount of time. You may feel the urge to draw your melee weapon to fight the guy when he gets up. Do not do this. Instead, if you have the ammo, bury the next throwing weapon in their ugly cav face, before they have a chance to try to stand up and make a fair fight out of it. 

4. Hybridize. The devs continue to disincentivize specialization in C-RPG. There have always been diminishing returns for narrowly focusing your build, but the elimination of the ability to jump throw has made it more difficult than ever to recover expended ammunition. Further, as throwers fight at a closer range than archers, they will often find themselves in more melee situations. Fortunately, throwing and melee compliment each other nicely. Throwing is a great "secret weapon" to use in a fight against a melee opponent who is skilled at blocking. In fact, I've won several "duels" by up-blocking w/ my melee weapon, luring the enemy to close range, and then switching to the throwing weapon for the point-blank blast.
"Vengt, you are like my favorite player in CRPG."
- BlackWhite

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2013, 04:14:06 pm »
+1
Retired now, so I will make another post:

Main
Hybrid

I like hybrids as always, but something to note down is; you can still play like a pure thrower even if you have a hybrid build.

Approximately a week ago, I borrowed mw darts from Cora. Oh my god! I thought they would not do enough damage with 6 pt, but they certainly did help a lot. 6 ammo per stack and high firing rate is what makes this weapon unique. If I hit an enemy in the chest, the stun is certainly useful to help the friendly infantry. If I hit them in the head, that mostly gave me a kill all the time; and that is at the cost of 1/12 my ammo instead of something like 1/6.

About the hybrid/pure part, If you play like a pure thrower with darts, your ammo will be 24. You're basically a short ranged archer, but you can shoot much more frequently. Which actually increases your chances of scoring headshots.

Not sure if this playstyle is good for battle, but it is great for sieges; both as an attacker/defender. If someone just happens to get close either run away or find a weapon from the ground (if you have spent enough ammo). If you die, that's more of a benefit than harm as you will have another 24 darts to throw :D
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2013, 04:23:59 pm »
+1
Main is a thrower hybrid,

18STR 6PT 122 throwing wpf

I don't usually bring any throwing weapon with me (because they are heavy as hell), but I make sure to toss things I find back at those pesky throwers. Sometimes I do bring 4 stacks of throwing spears because that's fun.

The only thing I don't like about throwing is not being able to pick up throwing lances.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2013, 05:17:51 pm »
Wat? You can pick up throwing lances. Unless you mean from shields and corpses.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2013, 05:18:30 pm »
+2
No no, it's because he has only 6 PT.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Senni__Ti

• Earl
  • Renown: 472
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Senni_Ti
  • IRC nick: Senni
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2013, 09:23:50 pm »
My most played character has been a thrower for more than 2 years now. I nearly always use 4 lances and play him as a melee thrower much like rainbow. Sometimes I'll use 1 lance and 3 jarids for more of a ranged experience and for stuff like dtv where lances aren't that usefull.

Never realised it was you until recently.

Don't feel quite so bad dieing to you so many times :P

Haven't played a thrower much myself, did ages ago hybrid style.
Have a level 25ish alt with throwing though, messed up build :P.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2013, 10:26:45 pm »
+1
My main is a 1 h/shielder/ thrower.  I'll either try lead the charge and weaken up any enemies coming at us before getting into the melee, saving a few jarids for the end to take out kiting archers or to kill Granpappy's horse at the end of the round, or I'll follow our cav and support them against enemy cav.

You bastard!

Funny though, my only alt that I play semi-regularly is also a 1h/shielder/+throwing spears. Also used to destroy foot archers or enemy horses.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline iamsock

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2013, 10:31:31 pm »
24/15 - 1h hybrid

-Kill Horses

Offline isatis

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ink+water showing their true potential!
    • View Profile
    • le Clan des Cochons!
  • Faction: Le clan des Cochons!!
  • Game nicks: Cochon_Furtif_Isatis
  • IRC nick: Isatis
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2013, 02:53:21 pm »
+3
Main

Hybrid (was pure before jump nerf :(  )

Favorite wep : Mw stones

Story of mine throwing :

When I started, I was a flamberger! But... when market appeared,  someone strange offered me mw throwing hammer + balanced 6 point shuriken for my +3 flamberge and my +1 goedendag. I was :O and I accepted the trade. Here begin a BIG story of throwing. With those two looms I went pure thrower (30/9) it was INSAN I jumped all over the place tossed my mighty hammer all around and fighted with the wil of a thunder bunch and bunch of foe! After a while, a guy wanted my throwing hammer and gave me throwing lance. IT was awesome! I had three throwing lance + 1 balanced shuriken to annoy archer. All was awesome. But then, I met FrugFrug. Since then, I knew I was not a real thrower with all my OP shit. I traded the shuriken and got balanced stones.
And then, I made the stupidiest trade move ever... I traded both the stones and the throwing lance :( (I've made like 200k with that trade but still :O )
I was all unhappy so I decided to retire and go polearm
BUT with that loom point, and the 200k, I got Mw stones! so I switched to hybrid
After that, I decided to go agi hoplite and I traded again my mw stones...
I got another opportunity to get mw stones! so I've became agi hoplite hybrid thrower!
And then, NERF :( as I'm a jumpin thrower I hated it... so I sold the mw stones!
and here we go to now with my mw flamberger built... was suppose to be exactly like my old built BUT I wanted to throw :( so... I got MW stones and now I'm a hybrid!

end of the story!

MW STONES!!

So the new response to ranged ragers is not "get a shield", it is "learn to chamber ranged nub!"

Offline Lennu

• Marshall
  • Renown: 774
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lennu
  • IRC nick: Lennu_
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2013, 03:43:28 pm »
+1
Alt

Dedicated thrower.

Favorite weapon: Mw Jarids

Jarids, accurate and deadly :)    Throwing is extremely unique class. You need to get as close as possible, but you'll still be heavily overpowered by all other classes on melee, even by an archer with 0 slot sword ;). So I try to throw my first 3 jards even at times the chances to hit anything are low, this way I can loot the first 1hander I can find.  Still, if your team is doing well on melee and you can position yourself right, throwing can do miracles. My personal record was reaching over 20 kills as lvl 20'ish thrower on Eu_1. Just maxed out the strength and started hurling those jarids at them. Also throwers kinda "boost" each other's performance: more throwers = more ammo for you to pick up ;)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 03:51:29 pm by Lennu »

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2013, 05:47:22 pm »
Every time I die due to throwers:

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2013, 06:03:15 pm »
Throwing is one of the most fun classes to play. I had hybrid 1H thrower a while back, but it was meh. Now I have a pure thrower alt and I'm aiming for a 15/24 build. 8ATH, 8WM, only throwing wpf. I use Jarids (+0) and mostly troll people by running away and then turning and hitting them in the face. Biggest problem is heavy cav that can still catch me (light cav I can kill), but with 7ATH and soon 8, I'm able to outrun pretty much anything. Really fun build and does quite good damage too due to speed bonus. I always throw while running to abuse the speed bonus and then run away like a bitch.

Alt, lvl28 15/23, +0 Jarids, 161wpf, no powerstrike. If I ever reach lvl32 I'll go 18/24.