Author Topic: Operation: Durquba Freedom  (Read 10974 times)

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
Re: Operation: Durquba Freedom
« Reply #135 on: November 19, 2012, 05:44:38 pm »
+2
The NA servers are worse all over than the EU ones, because of price of dedicated hosting in US/Canada as opposed to in EU. 

Ive raised the point of NA people donating extra (which people would) specifically for a better server considering that price difference, but i dont think chadz likes donations.

But fact remains - NA servers blow and most of us would easily donate some money to not play this awesome game trapped inside jello.
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #136 on: November 19, 2012, 09:05:22 pm »
+1
The NA servers are worse all over than the EU ones, because of price of dedicated hosting in US/Canada as opposed to in EU. 

Ive raised the point of NA people donating extra (which people would) specifically for a better server considering that price difference, but i dont think chadz likes donations.

But fact remains - NA servers blow and most of us would easily donate some money to not play this awesome game trapped inside jello.

Yeah it's really bad after fighting has been going on for a while (30 minutes or so).  I'd be willing to chip in some money every month for a decent server and I know there's others who would help out as well.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Weewum

• Count
  • Renown: 159
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 19, 2012, 09:14:17 pm »
I must agree with the vast majority of neutrals here, and say, that this, of all things, is a thinly veiled UIF maneuver dedicated to wipe a small faction, and at that, isolate even more people to preform even larger UIF maneuvers.  The American Nation civilized world will not see that this goes easily, I hope.

Offline arowaine

• Duke
  • Renown: 614
  • Infamy: 159
    • View Profile
    • http://occitanclan.webs.com/
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_Arowaine
  • IRC nick: arowaine
« Reply #138 on: November 20, 2012, 07:36:56 am »

back in the day i remenber a man who wanted to help chadz with server stuff he was called ecko all he receive was a cold from chadz and his team :( so money would not even bother him...
Desire: pls smite FCC 2.0 T.T

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #139 on: November 21, 2012, 05:43:36 am »
+1
 I feel like a monster after, Slaughtering innocent peasants of Durquba...

The Free city of Durquba fought to the last. Every man and women were given at least rocks and sent to their deaths. Tell me, how should I feel after this battle?

Offline Syls

• Count
  • Renown: 168
  • Infamy: 15
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kingdom of Veluca
  • Game nicks: Syls
« Reply #140 on: November 21, 2012, 05:53:44 am »
+2
I feel like a monster after, Slaughtering innocent peasants of Durquba...

The Free city of Durquba fought to the last. Every man and women were given at least rocks and sent to their deaths. Tell me, how should I feel after this battle?

We were told they had nuclear weapons, I swear!

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #141 on: November 21, 2012, 06:01:11 am »
+2
Sad that you didn't get more xp? Plus they were told they would be spared but they believed vicious rumors that we would slaughter them once we got inside and thus this was unavoidable once they took up arms and denied us entry. They brought it upon their heads despite all efforts by our Steward Tristran.

We spared what we could at the end of the battle. Unfortunately many citizens died defending their prized city tonight. They will be given the best burial arrangements we can offer and the remaining citizens will be spared with troops already repairing the damage done in this siege. We are trying to speed up the process to get this city back to work and back to normal. These people have been through much and we are moving bodies, ours and theirs to their respective pyres and burial sites.

Fortunately we were able to convince a large majority of them to stand down and many citizens of this fine city are alive and well. We have kept most of the city's previous guild leaders and even its previous mayor. They will run things so the people do not feel we have ripped everything from them. They do have a new lord and emperor but their local leaders will still have a say in the local matters as well as the ear of their new emperor. He does like the new male harem and saved it before it was completely destroyed.

So yes many citizens died today but they died with a mistaken belief that they would be slaughtered if they gave it over to us. We never intended for this. It is unfortunate that Empire soliders and Durquba citizens died needlessly when all was taken care of already.

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #142 on: November 21, 2012, 06:25:44 am »
+1
We were told they had nuclear weapons, I swear!

Sad that you didn't get more xp? Plus they were told they would be spared but they believed vicious rumors that we would slaughter them once we got inside and thus this was unavoidable once they took up arms and denied us entry. They brought it upon their heads despite all efforts by our Steward Tristran.

We spared what we could at the end of the battle. Unfortunately many citizens died defending their prized city tonight. They will be given the best burial arrangements we can offer and the remaining citizens will be spared with troops already repairing the damage done in this siege. We are trying to speed up the process to get this city back to work and back to normal. These people have been through much and we are moving bodies, ours and theirs to their respective pyres and burial sites.

Fortunately we were able to convince a large majority of them to stand down and many citizens of this fine city are alive and well. We have kept most of the city's previous guild leaders and even its previous mayor. They will run things so the people do not feel we have ripped everything from them. They do have a new lord and emperor but their local leaders will still have a say in the local matters as well as the ear of their new emperor. He does like the new male harem and saved it before it was completely destroyed.

So yes many citizens died today but they died with a mistaken belief that they would be slaughtered if they gave it over to us. We never intended for this. It is unfortunate that Empire soliders and Durquba citizens died needlessly when all was taken care of already.

Glad you guys have your story straight. What do I care, I got paid.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #143 on: November 21, 2012, 09:32:44 am »
+1
Open field battle, outnumbered by 200'ish?

(click to show/hide)

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 21, 2012, 09:42:18 am »
+1
You could see!? Haha, my screen was so foggy, most of the time I had no idea where the enemy was and I had no idea of the scope of the map beyond our spawn and that hill. Made for an interesting fight, and I'm absolutely sure that if not for Rob's stalwart leadership I would have suffered many more awful deaths than I did.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #145 on: November 21, 2012, 10:07:01 am »
Yeah I could see as well.

I just dislike the fact that Tristran decided to tarnish my naked body by giving me the gift of a two handed sword up my ass. While I appreciate the thought, it did ruin my not dead yet streak.

Offline Visconti

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 52
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Velucan
  • Game nicks: Tristran_Steward_of_TKoV
« Reply #146 on: November 21, 2012, 10:25:04 am »
Yeah I could see as well.

I just dislike the fact that Tristran decided to tarnish my naked body by giving me the gift of a two handed sword up my ass. While I appreciate the thought, it did ruin my not dead yet streak.

Every time i saw you i was actually thinking "He should hurry up and die so he can cover up that mess of a body...."

Totally didn't influence my actions.

On a side note, good fight Chevaliers!
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies

Offline Lordark

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player
  • Please respect all admins and thier decisions.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Solo
  • Game nicks: Lordark
« Reply #147 on: November 21, 2012, 11:08:11 am »
+1
why do the big clans tell the little clans gf when they win? Shouldn't they laugh maniacally as they expand their ever loving empire?
Never forget the day Dragons came to Calradia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfLxHJY0lQI&feature=related
My personal theme song, We will never surrender!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg1xqAjQ5e4

Offline Cradoc

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 3
  • Streaming all day long
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Cradoc
« Reply #148 on: November 21, 2012, 11:55:21 am »
+1
So I thought we were in a desert... and we get this map?

Anyways, GF, GG, WP.

Offline Herr_Thomas

• Baron
  • Renown: 110
  • Infamy: 29
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Wolfgang
« Reply #149 on: November 21, 2012, 03:10:43 pm »
So I thought we were in a desert... and we get this map?

It's a feature.

Oh, and style matters way more than anything else regarding armor.