Author Topic: Strategus Battles - Respawn timer based on K:D  (Read 10274 times)

Offline Dualhammers

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Strategus Battles - Respawn timer based on K:D
« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2011, 11:05:25 pm »
This is dumb, if the team who is sucking has to wait longer and longer for reinforcements you will only continue to propel their loss.

Offline Baldr

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • Baldr?
    • View Profile
    • BALDR
  • Faction: Baldr
  • Game nicks: Baldr & Balder
  • IRC nick: Baldr damnit!
« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2011, 08:46:23 am »
I don't understand, people are talking about realism but they want it balanced.

Realism:
Most soldiers do not die in formations on the "battlefield" they die routing, cut down when they start running. So routing is very bad in the real world since that is when most people die.

Balanced:
Routing saves your gear and your troops, no; a retreat saves the bulk your soldiers who drop everything and run for their life's while Cavalry screens and counters to protect, and dies for the most part.

Realism:
A army of 60 knights should destroy 500-1000 peasants, 60 knights is equivalent of putting 60 tanks against 500 postmen armed with letter openers.

Balanced:
People want to win,  they want to wear cloth against plate and still win.

Realism:
No one who has a 100 man strong army would fight a 10,000 man strong army. They would never even be able to catch up to them. The smaller force would skirmish and run, the bigger force would send out scouts and cavalry to hunt down and destroy the smaller force.

Balanced: I don't even know

I am not even sure anything I have written here is true, but it sounds like it... a little bit, does it not.

Offline Templar_Ratigan

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 17, 2011, 04:39:01 pm »
Sounds like a terrible idea to me, sometimes a team can swing things around even if their players start out a bit rusty, penalising others for this would be stupid and would make the outcome of battles decided too quickly, "oh no our team is losing, well thats it it's just
going to get harder now".

The taking of spawns sounds interesting though.
He reached for his pants and grabbed the cheese, missing the bees whose honey he needs.

Offline Electro

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • when death smiles at us all we can do is smileback
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Electro
« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2011, 01:22:05 pm »
there should atleast be up to 8 respawn points on each map and each team start with 2 then the other 6 are left to fight over

other than that +1
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 01:54:31 pm by Electro »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login