Author Topic: Astralis vs. Hospitaller battles (attacking your own fiefs)  (Read 7662 times)

Offline Rikthor

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOARD Clan
  • Game nicks: Historian_Rikthorrr
Re: Astralis vs. Hospitaller battles (attacking your own fiefs)
« Reply #105 on: October 18, 2012, 05:22:29 pm »
+1
Nah, that is pretty much exploiting.

I would disagree, I think bribing should be considered a legitimate tactic even if it is a bit unscrupulous. Exploiting, in my opinion, would be more about abusing game mechanics like duping gold for instance. This is just a general statement and not really directed at either side since I did not participate much in Strat 3, only Strat 2.
Quote from: chadz
No matter how long you guys cry - I will not give in to dumbing strategus down because some people just want battles. If all you want are battles, then play cRPG, not strat. There are other people who like advanced gameplay.

Trolololololol

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #106 on: October 18, 2012, 05:38:33 pm »
+1
I would disagree, I think bribing should be considered a legitimate tactic even if it is a bit unscrupulous. Exploiting, in my opinion, would be more about abusing game mechanics like duping gold for instance. This is just a general statement and not really directed at either side since I did not participate much in Strat 3, only Strat 2.

Maybe exploiting is the wrong word, since I wouldn't put it in the same category as duping items, but I think it is against the rules, although hard to prove unless really blatent. Ex. Troyicide sabotaging the AI defense.

Offline partyboy

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
  • BRING BACK LADDERS
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GODQUEEN_PARTYGIRL_OF_BIRD
« Reply #107 on: October 18, 2012, 10:33:23 pm »
+1
Looks like this is going on with skars Vs Hawaha.  he raided then followed up with an attack, unarmed army, 1 person each side (a druz on attacking, astralis on defending) and now it's bugged out so it's still showing up as in progress even though the battles after it have come and gone.  it's hard to trade when they are locking it like that.
Subject displays signs of antisocial behaviour
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #108 on: October 18, 2012, 11:46:34 pm »
Looks like this is going on with skars Vs Hawaha.  he raided then followed up with an attack, unarmed army, 1 person each side (a druz on attacking, astralis on defending) and now it's bugged out so it's still showing up as in progress even though the battles after it have come and gone.  it's hard to trade when they are locking it like that.

...duh wut?

Offline partyboy

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
  • BRING BACK LADDERS
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GODQUEEN_PARTYGIRL_OF_BIRD
« Reply #109 on: October 19, 2012, 12:09:12 am »
Idk dude, it was showing up as still in progress for a few hours afterwards, I checked with other people and they saw it too
Subject displays signs of antisocial behaviour

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #110 on: October 19, 2012, 12:47:15 am »
+1
lol you talking about others exploiting  :mrgreen: could bring up your history if you would like?
item bombing
paying AI player hired mercs to not show up or fight each other.
That's just from strat 2

I like how Gorebutt creeps into every thread to spread mischief and try to light fires.
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline Spanish

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 106
  • 2h Cav Star of the year award winner.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The official Drama Llama of Knights_Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Spaniard, BowPersona, Span
« Reply #111 on: October 19, 2012, 01:09:50 am »
+2
Aww just read that jim-Ina-tutu and gristle lurv me! :D and you should spell your name like that so ppl will say it right.

And gore is quite lovable person almost as much as you dynamike. You just got to hear him use his manaical laugh while he kills people. It's quite inspiring, and where's kesh to continue bombarding anti-spergler messages. This thread is slowly dying and still hasn't been locked surprising.
My horse is named pebbles and we like to try.

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #112 on: October 19, 2012, 01:30:18 am »
+1
Aww just read that jim-Ina-tutu and gristle lurv me! :D and you should spell your name like that so ppl will say it right.

And gore is quite lovable person almost as much as you dynamike. You just got to hear him use his manaical laugh while he kills people. It's quite inspiring, and where's kesh to continue bombarding anti-spergler messages. This thread is slowly dying and still hasn't been locked surprising.

If everyone in your clan would be half as lovable as you there would be hundreds of -1's less in the world  :D
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline Loki

• Count
  • Renown: 228
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
  • I don't know karate, but I know crazy.
    • View Profile
    • The Fallen Brigade
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Loki
« Reply #113 on: October 19, 2012, 10:47:42 am »
+1
Why not just implement a way to transfer/sell/trade fiefs between players?  Right now attacking a fief is the only way to transfer ownership.  I don't see how this is an exploit.

Offline Kreczor

• Earl
  • Renown: 332
  • Infamy: 204
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the qt crew
  • Game nicks: Kreczor_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Kreczor
« Reply #114 on: October 19, 2012, 04:25:37 pm »
+3
Hi, I'm a bigger neckbeard then all of you.

That is all.

Offline Pejlaen

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Pejlaen
« Reply #115 on: November 03, 2012, 07:37:25 pm »
I would like to remind Astralis, Hospitallers and everyone else that attacking your own/your allies' fiefs in order to prevent them from being attacked by enemies is considered heavy exploiting.
Please cancel the attacks as soon as possible or we will be forced to take action. This is your first and last warning.

Hmm, I would like to remind UIF along with the Nordmen that attacking your own/ your allie's fiefs for the purpose of taking over control of it since the former owner of the fief has gotten permabanned for multiaccounting or some other form of cheats is considered heavy exploiting (abit sad if it isn't), or at least a liiiiiittle bit shady? Please cancel the attacks, or prove that you without a doubt dont want to play Strategus ín a fun way.

How many UIF/Nordmen -voted this post? I will edit the resullt in below later.

skilled individuals, putting them together can create a very deadly and effective team.

The bow, it represents, that a skilled archer can pick a mighty man at arms off from a distance.