Author Topic: Astralis vs. Hospitaller battles (attacking your own fiefs)  (Read 7678 times)

Offline ednos

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
  • Alea iacta est.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swords with Friends
  • Game nicks: Sir_Ednos
  • IRC nick: ednos
Re: Astralis vs. Hospitaller battles (attacking your own fiefs)
« Reply #90 on: October 17, 2012, 08:07:40 pm »
+1
Have to be a member of faction(and rank 10, i think it was, unless they changed that), and both people have to be inside the fief.

You should not be required to have someone join your faction to make the transfer. I would never let someone in another faction have the ability to see the position, direction, and equipment of other clan members; that's a huge security liability. (I just checked, and rank 1 faction members can see all of this information.)

If you're worried about people accidentally clicking on the wrong name for the transfer, add an "Are you sure?" dialog, or require password entry like everywhere else on the website.

Can anyone verify that you can only transfer a fief to someone in your faction? You can set a member to rank 0 to kick them out temporarily, and their line in the table will automatically turn into an application with an "Accept"/"Reject" input.

While you're at it, if you find that they must be in the faction, find out what the rank must be to receive a fief, and what rank is required to give it back, because these are all important (and undocumented) numbers.
"The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt." ~Bertrand Russell
(click to show/hide)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #91 on: October 18, 2012, 12:12:20 am »
+1
Can you close this thread already?

If the intent was to bolster the village defenses, wouldn't it have made more sense to not transfer it over and leave the hundreds of troops and population in place?  Not to mention there are no Hospitaller armies anywhere even remotely close to reinforce...

Some of you need to start watching Jersey Shore to get your drama fix.

Also you should be able to transfer a fief to anyone, regardless of their faction.  Also would be nice to allow appointments of a steward when the lord leaves (who acts as the lord in their absence), which I've suggested before, but too lazy to find.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Valdian

• Knight
  • Renown: 63
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis, Irish Band
  • IRC nick: Valdian
« Reply #92 on: October 18, 2012, 12:13:14 am »
+1
Well We traded tulga but it is bugged so the towns would of been bugged to. Aztek who left hosp to join ast to get the city, left  astralis after he got the city now hes in limbo betweeen both factions unable to join either currently

Offline Emotion

• Earl
  • Renown: 360
  • Infamy: 145
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • pls
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Friends with Benefits
  • Game nicks: Noodles
  • IRC nick: Noodles
« Reply #93 on: October 18, 2012, 12:47:54 am »
+1
Well We traded tulga but it is bugged so the towns would of been bugged to. Aztek who left hosp to join ast to get the city, left  astralis after he got the city now hes in limbo betweeen both factions unable to join either currently

gf.
Quote from: Testicleez
Noodles (Nibbles): One of my top dawgs. A godly c-rpg player and a chill ass muhfucka'. He's supposed to be adopting me once he gets married. One day I'll get him to order me a pizza… One day.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #94 on: October 18, 2012, 02:07:27 am »
Can you close this thread already?

If the intent was to bolster the village defenses, wouldn't it have made more sense to not transfer it over and leave the hundreds of troops and population in place?  Not to mention there are no Hospitaller armies anywhere even remotely close to reinforce...

Read the threads.  No one is saying you used it to bolster defenses, having no armies there is why you transferred.  You thought Astralis wouldn't be attacked by shogunate as they were a small desert clan, just like you gave that other village you took from hero_party to the brand new clan (screwing them over by the way) as Shogunate promised to protect all small clans in the desert.  You did the trasnfer then to avoid it being taken, but the shogunate leader saw right through what you were doing and is attacking anyway, same with TKoV. 

You abused 24 hr. attack window to give the fiefs to allies and potential allies, while costing shogunate thousands of gold in army upkeep knowing that you are the target of his war.  Just because your glitching failed to get all the desired results, doesn't mean you didn't try to abuse the system.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline SittingBull

• Earl
  • Renown: 381
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Chief_SittingBull_Astralis
« Reply #95 on: October 18, 2012, 03:20:32 am »
+3
Just because you fucked up and had only 1 guy on each side hired for the transfer (safest to do 3 just in case) and that 1 guy forgot to show up, doesn't make it legit, just makes it stupid. 

Uhm, yeah. It does make it stupid. So you'd think if we were going to go through the effort of exploiting something we'd at least do it right, wouldn't you? God you're a moron.

P.S.  If FCC had done this you all would be screaming bloody murder and this thread would be 3x as long, so don't give me shit about witchhunt or conspiracy.

You vastly over-estimate how much I give a fuck about Strategus and much how much I care about what you and your clan do on it. Hospitallers I couldn't speak for. Anyway, I think the entire cRPG community pretty much knows how you act on forums Kesh. You play the whole political propaganda game on the forums, wrong/right doesn't matter to you - you just care about propaganda.

Quote from:  "Ninga"
Don't worry. I'll trade Tazjunat back for Tazjunat, sooner than Hosps take Tulga at this rate. It's not like i'm staying there. I just want to be compensated for what I lost due to your little stunt, you're welcome to it after I loot it, have very little interest in fighting you anyway. You seem to lack armies for proper fights.

I'm still mad as hell over not getting to fight those 800 hosps hiding there because of your trade.

Also, usually when you trade stuff, you receive something in return. Tulga still seems remarkably blue.

I want to see your big mouth yapping once you see Tulga turn red you ingrate. 

PS. Hospitaller is north of us. If you're mad about not getting to fight some Hospitaller troops, I'm sure they'd be happy to greet you north of here.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 03:26:58 am by SittingBull »

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #96 on: October 18, 2012, 03:50:17 am »
U MAD BRO?
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 18, 2012, 03:53:11 am »
+1
U MAD BRO?
lol you talking about others exploiting  :mrgreen: could bring up your history if you would like?
item bombing
paying AI player hired mercs to not show up or fight each other.
That's just from strat 2

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline SittingBull

• Earl
  • Renown: 381
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Chief_SittingBull_Astralis
« Reply #98 on: October 18, 2012, 04:04:28 am »
+1
U MAD BRO?

My jimmies remain unrustled.

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #99 on: October 18, 2012, 04:16:50 am »
+2
PS. Hospitaller is north of us. If you're mad about not getting to fight some Hospitaller troops, I'm sure they'd be happy to greet you north of here.

Is that a promise? That's honestly really all I want. Someone to field an army and to have an epic battle. In my desperation I've been considering attacking Templars just to get some action, but I might take you up on that offer instead.

Offline Aderyn

• Earl
  • Renown: 365
  • Infamy: 243
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Aderyn
« Reply #100 on: October 18, 2012, 06:39:31 am »
Is that a promise? That's honestly really all I want. Someone to field an army and to have an epic battle. In my desperation I've been considering attacking Templars just to get some action, but I might take you up on that offer instead.

meh, better to just let you run around with your 2200 man army paying all the upkeeps. No point engaging you as long as you foolishly run around with that many troops =)
Can't spell manslaughter without laughter.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 18, 2012, 08:17:04 am »

Inb4 Hosp Assassins ambush you and cap your flags Q_Q

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
« Reply #102 on: October 18, 2012, 08:50:51 am »
+1
item bombing

I like to call the "allow trades" button the "Kesh Button." It was pretty funny to be honest.

paying AI player hired mercs to not show up or fight each other.

Don't remember if that happened, but winning a fight with your wallet is not an exploit. Not my preferred way to fight, but whatever.

Kesh might not always use honorable tactics, but we never claimed to be honorable, just, or "the good guys." I will say that Kesh does not make shit up (no really, he backs up what he says), and tends to be true to his word. Also, based on what's been said in this thread, he is apparently more aware of strat happenings than all of Hospitallers put together. In any case, his past actions do not prove him wrong here.

U MAD BRO?

And then sometimes he makes posts like this. That's Kesh for ya.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 09:02:39 am by Gristle »

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #103 on: October 18, 2012, 08:59:26 am »
+2
U MAD BRO?

Man, I'm not even a relevant part of this discussion, but can you at least make a lucid, well-thought out insult or instance of shit-talking instead of that? Seriously, the person or group of people that prioritized being mad or angry over looking like a jackass as the deciding factor for the victor of an internet argument should be locked in a room full of pissed-off bobcats while naked. Like, holy fuck.

(click to show/hide)

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #104 on: October 18, 2012, 03:16:05 pm »
Don't remember if that happened, but winning a fight with your wallet is not an exploit. Not my preferred way to fight, but whatever.

Nah, that is pretty much exploiting.