Author Topic: Give 2handed swords polearm stab animations. Then buff their stab damage a bit.  (Read 3181 times)

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
2hand stab isn't hard to use (or counter), and I don't think its TOO bad with the turning nerf.  Its the best range control/sudden surprise attack you have against someone who is right in front of you.  It is also ideal for harassing cavalry away from you or getting killing blows on the horse or rider.  When closer up and surrounded by teammates, the stab was and still is pretty useless on most 2 handers because it will always glance without the room (and now the capability) to lolstab it in.  I could still lol it around teammate's shoulders though at a backpedaler and get hits in, its harder to do this but not impossible with good aim. 

With the turning radius nerf, any valid problems people had with the animation pretty much have to cease now, or else I can just consider them bad at the game.  Any thrust attack can be juked, set up for 2 different chamber directions, or simply downblocked.  I do not want to see 2handers get a polearm animation, as that is removing diversity from the mod, and the weapon class has that capability already in halfswording (which should use 2hand wpf god damn) and should be left at that.

What was great was the 2hand (or long 1hander/polearm) overhead filled the role of a close distance, non teamwounding groupfight attack perfectly.  With skill and patience to adapt you can certainly land overheads on any weapon type when in a duel, but landing dem overheads on the silly fast zerging dude who gets sucked into a pocket of teammates or anything above a 2 vs 2 or something is a lot more difficult and what used to be skilled, fast paced effective teamwork/synergy thing is more of a bumbling clusterfuck of teamwounding half the time : \
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
Good one Christo

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
2h stab is a retarded animation realistically. Having a polearm stab would make a little more sense. Even better would be a new stabbing animation for 2h. Grab a long piece of wood, grab it with two hands at the end and try to stab. Figure out the way that works best and animate that, voila! I'm pretty sure the way it is ingame feels awkward.

I'm sure someone on the dev team can make animations right? Some animation work would go a long way to get that realistic combat experience they seem to be going for.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
As teeth said.

Actual animation got a way too long reach, and don't even bounce at close range since you can slightly spin.
But making 2h use the polearm stab animation (like the langes messer and the flamberger already) will be a bad idea. It would slow everything, and make stabs useless.

Slightly reducing the reach of the actual animation by 15 seems enough for a deserved nerf.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline skkk

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
sry for my english.

Giving 2h sword polearm stab animation is not good idea, then what's different between 2h and polearm ? name or shape ?
it will decrease the variety of this game.
i think the advantage of 2h sword are the flowing quickly side swing and the confusing feints.
so i suggest

1. cancel the turn body speed limit----it's not a wise setting ,and make CRPG fighting so dumb!!
2.decrase 2h stab range(about 10~15)-----making 2 hand sword as long spear is stupid.
3.increase 2h stab speed----- increase the ability of 2 hand sword feints.

polearms having break shield and stoping horse is suitable  for battlefield , and 2h swords is suitable for duel , at least we all think so.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
I love how everyone completely missed the point of Smoothrich's post on page 2. Bravo guys, Bravo!
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2448
  • Infamy: 2736
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Bump

When you're not 2H, all the time you have to deal with 2H stab.

Just replace the animation and let the whine start.

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
Yeah lets make everything the same on 2h and polearms. Oh yeah but leave the bonus to shield on the poles.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 2581
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Some 2H weapons already have pole thrust animation but they aren't the same as polearms, that argument doesn't make sense.

Even flamberge isn't the same as polearms, and flamberge has 3 pole animations.

Greatswords are the main reason why every other 2H weapon isn't popular.

2H =/= greatswords

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
As a former greatsword spammer, I approve of this suggestion.

Change the animations for thrust on the greatswords to pole anim and leave it for the shorter 2H's. Also, +1 to Largg's suggestion.

I love how everyone completely missed the point of Smoothrich's post on page 2. Bravo guys, Bravo!

You mean the moaning, bitching and crying and then some flaming? Yeah, very sublime.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline JOPOTINTTI

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
There is a fuckload of greatswords anyway , make em rage , i support this

lal bjurd ^

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
make it only for + 120 lenght GS

or make alt mode with that stab

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
make it only for + 120 lenght GS

or make alt mode with that stab

That would be a huge buff to the highland claymore.