Author Topic: Give 2handed swords polearm stab animations. Then buff their stab damage a bit.  (Read 3185 times)

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile

Not simply it makes medium-length support polearms obsolete, it screws with lancing, as well.

Oh boy, won't somebody think about the poor heavy lance cav?  The game is clearly designed to give cav lancers the worst experience possible.  Better nerf the shit out of any melee builds that can reliably take out horses, cuz there aren't enough on the battle servers!  Let's remove the leg damage bonus to horses too, poor guys getting 360 danish lolstabbed, someone give them a chance

if 2handers got the polearm thrust, i would probably uninstall this game entirely.  one of the very, very few animations that just feel good to use, most of the time.  polearm thrust is more OP anyways, it doesn't have the reach but its an instant attack and most polearms do 5-10 more pierce damage than even the highest damaging swords, so fuck off
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
Oh boy, won't somebody think about the poor heavy lance cav?  The game is clearly designed to give cav lancers the worst experience possible.  Better nerf the shit out of any melee builds that can reliably take out horses, cuz there aren't enough on the battle servers!  Let's remove the leg damage bonus to horses too, poor guys getting 360 danish lolstabbed, someone give them a chance

Reading comprehension problems mate.

Not that lancers need to be taken into account for now

Read carefully before you minus down posts, ignorant American.

You fuck off.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 12:59:15 am by Christo »

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile

Read carefully before you minus down posts, ignorant American.

Can't even maintain a conversation about balance without resorting to the typical attitudes of this community.  Post reported to forum administration for prejudice and extreme nationalism, enjoy your forum mute, jingoist
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
Can't even maintain a conversation about balance without resorting to the typical attitudes of this community.  Post reported to forum administration for prejudice and extreme nationalism, enjoy your forum mute, jingoist

What for? You insulted me at the first place.

And there we go, more insults.

Pathetic.

If there is someone who has problems with extreme nationalism at home, it's you.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline duurrr

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: kekeeke
fuck both of you

remove range

Offline Baggy

• Count
  • Renown: 199
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player
  • Sup brah
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Baggy _Potato Blight_ Famine Emigration
  • IRC nick: Baggy
At fifteen, I had the will to  learn ; at thirty, I could stand ; at forty, I had no  doubts ; at fifty, I understood the heavenly Bidding ;  at sixty, my ears were opened ; at seventy, I could  do as my heart lusted without trespassing from the  square.

Offline Largg

• Earl
  • Renown: 321
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Instead make half swording use 2h wpf and replace only stabbing animation to polearm with decent increase to dmg. Would make a nice trade off to the range of 2h stab. Nothing would be lost by replacing the current half swording, it's crap.

Offline Spa_geh_tea

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearded Vagrant
Flamburger animations look badass. Some dude walks in swinging a weapon like that, you know it going to hurt. Switch all the biggin 2h to be as badass. Right now they all have primma donna animations, bunch of Nancys on ice.

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
I've decided to change my stance on this. Even though I consider 2h greatswords overpowered and the polearm stab for them would be more realistic I don't think this is the best decision considering game balance and variety.

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
Instead make half swording use 2h wpf and replace only stabbing animation to polearm with decent increase to dmg. Would make a nice trade off to the range of 2h stab. Nothing would be lost by replacing the current half swording, it's crap.

This. The current secondary mode of 2h swords is absurd.

Offline Herkkutatti666

• Duke
  • Renown: 585
  • Infamy: 285
  • cRPG Player
  • Rips pärs
    • View Profile
At fifteen, I had the will to  learn ; at thirty, I could stand ; at forty, I had no  doubts ; at fifty, I understood the heavenly Bidding ;  at sixty, my ears were opened ; at seventy, I could  do as my heart lusted without trespassing from the  square.

Offline Micah

• Duke
  • Renown: 539
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
haha christo , pls bring me proof that 2hers have more success on battlefield than crazy polearm spammers with their imba range,damage,speed, stagger and 1hit propability or leave poor 2hers alone  :mrgreen:
because i believe that on the field 2hers and polearmers are about the same .... no cover from ranged , about same dueling/ganking/melee capabilities (only some polearms are just a bit to OP vs 2h in duel)
just accept that there is some people better fighters than you .. like i have to and everyone else does ;P
peace man xD
I am writing long winded essays in shitty english.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
the solution to balance in melee is to nerf ranged

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
Buff ranged and eliminate 2h / polearm / cav whines as everyone goes shielder and twohanders and polearms become something which was once used in crpg but nobody remembers anymore.

There, melee balance is fully restored.

Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Zerran

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Caita_KUTT, Fellys_KUTT
Current 2H stab is weird, and with the new turning speed nerf, extremely hard to use in most situations. Polestab on 2H is extremely nice once you get used to it. The short range means you can facehug and stab right through your target without needing to turn. It's a fantastic surprise move, and is very hard to block. Giving all 2H this ability would, if anything, be a buff.

2H stab could use some work to make it easier to use, but without quite the range it has. However, a new animation would be needed for this, not polestab.