Author Topic: End the bunny hopping madness  (Read 9971 times)

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
Re: End the bunny hopping madness
« Reply #150 on: September 17, 2011, 05:33:41 pm »
It is, weapon nerfs happen all the time, but this is a nerf that applies to all ranged. The accuracy of archery is terrible and the missile speed is terrible, so we have to come close to the melee people to hit anything at all. And from there on we have to jump and shoot when they get close.

So now what we do is either stay far away and hit 1/15 arrows or we move in and fire 5 arrows and get killed. Give us higher missile speed or higher accuracy so we can hit things from a disctance now that we can`t fight in close range.

accuracy wasn't reduced. pre-january dedicated archers usually had 190-220 wpf. (with 6-7 pd). in the oasis map, headshot from spawn to spawn at round start was a really common thing.

what a lot of nabs don't get, is that archery got big nerfs because strategus was DOMINATED by archers... to a point that every clan had half players with archer alts ONLY to compete in strat battles.

back there, fought along with nebun, sprut, archer_KMC, and a lot of other good archers. at the strat battle end, nebun never done less than 80-90 kills with 5-6 deaths, followd by archerKMC, me and others.

nerfs does not happens because devs want to piss off people.

that's why archery is SLIGHTLY less accurate than before... but if you still need that amount of accuracy:

(click to show/hide)

and before some crymoar start bitching about accuracy again, don't use the longbow (is not meant for that. is meant to shoot far and in the mass. is not meant to perfectly shave the balls of someone by shooting him under the groin at 500 meters.)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 05:37:23 pm by Corrado_Decimo »

Offline Adalwulf

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Adalwulf
« Reply #151 on: September 17, 2011, 05:38:33 pm »
accuracy wasn't reduced. pre-january dedicated archers usually had 190-220 wpf. (with 6-7 pd). in the oasis map, headshot from spawn to spawn at round start was a really common thing.

what a lot of nabs don't get, is that archery got big nerfs because strategus was DOMINATED by archers... to a point that every clan had half players with archer alts ONLY to compete in strat battles.

back there, fought along with nebun, sprut, archer_KMC, and a lot of other good archers. at the strat battle end, nebun never done less than 80-90 kills with 5-6 deaths, followd by archerKMC, me and others.

nerfs does not happens because devs want to piss off people.

that's why archery is SLIGHTLY less accurate than before... but if you still need that amount of accuracy:

(click to show/hide)
Yes and have PD 5 and have to fire many arrows to kill 1 player while they can easilly 1 shot you. Makes sense to me and yes I use Rus Bow.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 05:39:43 pm by Adalwulf »

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #152 on: September 17, 2011, 05:49:52 pm »
Yes and have PD 5 and have to fire many arrows to kill 1 player while they can easilly 1 shot you. Makes sense to me and yes I use Rus Bow.

oh how i understand you... me too wants to 2hit kill people, use heavy armor while running like a ninja AND (ofc) swing my sword at lightspeed...

but happens we can't. builds are made to be a compromise between a strongpoint and another one. (damage versus accuracy for ranged, damage and health points versus mobility and profiency for melee).

if you want to 1shot stuff with sniper-rifle precision, i suggest you to try 1257AD in single player, native multiplayer or counterstrike.  :|
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 05:50:55 pm by Corrado_Decimo »

Offline Adalwulf

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 53
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Adalwulf
« Reply #153 on: September 17, 2011, 05:55:46 pm »
oh how i understand you... me too wants to 2hit kill people, use heavy armor while running like a ninja AND (ofc) swing my sword at lightspeed...

but happens we can't. builds are made to be a compromise between a strongpoint and another one. (damage versus accuracy for ranged, damage and health points versus mobility and profiency for melee).

if you want to 1shot stuff with sniper-rifle precision, i suggest you to try 1257AD in single player, native multiplayer or counterstrike.  :|

um crpg...it's called an arbalest.

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
« Reply #154 on: July 12, 2012, 10:44:11 pm »
Well done (idea got implemented). Thanks for that.

Offline Belatu

• Count
  • Renown: 242
  • Infamy: 111
  • what
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Belatucadros
« Reply #155 on: July 13, 2012, 01:46:02 am »
+3