28 (15%)
It's balanced now.
73 (39%)
It's a little underbalanced.
62 (33.2%)
It's a complete waste of time.
24 (12.8%)

Total Members Voted: 187

Author Topic: Archery  (Read 12230 times)

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Archery
« Reply #120 on: February 28, 2011, 02:18:57 am »
Nice argument, I applaud you for your undeniable intelligence.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 10:26:10 pm by Patricia »

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 28, 2011, 04:49:17 pm »
I'm sorry, but you've got absolutely no clue of what you're talking about. You know that a spiked club (1H) can one-hit a guy without a helmet, while it will bounce or deal carp damage on anyone with 20 head armor or more? Roughly.

Great, it protect against peasant 1h weapons :rolleyes: Gurni, use some real weapon as examples, add in heirlooming, and count how many times helmet saved you from death (against 30. lvl player).

Get real.

@Mte: go on the battle server, take some helmet, and count how many times it saved you from death. Then check how many times you paid for repair.
"Clava curva pie vinco"

Offline Mtemtko

• Count
  • Renown: 168
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Merc_Mtemtko
  • IRC nick: Mtemtko
« Reply #122 on: February 28, 2011, 04:53:37 pm »
Great, it protect against peasant 1h weapons :rolleyes: Gurni, use some real weapon as examples, add in heirlooming, and count how many times helmet saved you from death (against 30. lvl player).

Get real.

@Mte: go on the battle server, take some helmet, and count how many times it saved you from death. Then check how many times you paid for repair.

Just played for 80 minutes with vaegir war mask on my 2h char , made 13k gold in that time with 43k worth of gear (i won 85% of the time tho), it saved me alot and i dont mind the extra upkeep since i even take the plated boots ( those are hit rarely if youre not cav) i was even hit by a khergit bow in the head, survived with 70% hp, would have taken me to 20%-30% if i wasnt using it,and it saved me alot in melee, took a guy with longsword 3 hits to neck/head to take me down, would have died in the first swing without the helm, so its not that useless.¸
PS: No wonder why youre saying that helmets are useless in melee... you are using an open face helmet  :lol:
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 04:58:20 pm by Mtemtko »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #123 on: February 28, 2011, 05:01:22 pm »
Got to admit it, I automatically think native when it comes to warband as a game. In native, I prioritize helmet over body armor much of the time, but when it comes to crpg, you may have a point. Helmets may not be as important as they're in native, but they still save you a bunch of times. I've survived backraping overheads because of helmets, countless of slashes over my face, and you know what else? Those people with high-tier helmets who survives a headshot  from a few yards with a well made sniper xbow + steel bolts (160 wpf), really pisses me off.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #124 on: February 28, 2011, 05:37:10 pm »
To be fair, it may have been a STR build with even IF. You can get about 85 health if you really want to and still have a viable melee ogre.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline MrShovelFace

• Baron
  • Renown: 119
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • Nobody cares about who I am or what I think
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 01, 2011, 11:32:41 pm »

Get real.

I do not know at all what you two are talking about but my morion has saved me from everything ranging from heavy xbows to arrows, to throwing axes. You WILL die in one hit from anything save a wooden weapon without a helmet. Having a good helm means you can survive two shots from most weapons (certain piercing and blunt weapons aside)

do your research first before blamming
Nobody cares about who I am or what I think

Offline ShinySpoons

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: RS
  • Game nicks: AltOfSpoons
« Reply #126 on: March 03, 2011, 02:47:43 am »
^ Not sure where the helmet posts have come from, but if I see someone with heavy body armour but no head armour they've just wasted the repair bill on that armour. As shovel said, one headshot from nearly every weapon will kill you.

And since arrows do cut dmg now helmets are even more useful, no more x3 bonus from the pierce. My 40-50 armour helmet wearing chars frequently survive 2-5 arrows depending on the archers pd. Is this "bad" and mean archer dmg should be buffed again? Imo, no. Realism wise, it makes sense for arrows to glance off helmets, gameplay wise getting oneshot while in armour isn't very fun (unless they're throwing lances...they're always fun  :D)

Offline Wulzzz

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 03, 2011, 01:44:23 pm »
lol the helmets..
They are definately worth wearing.
How often i shot someone directly in the face causing a huge blood burst and that guy was just like WTF but still kept living.