Author Topic: The State of Archery in cRPG - all fear the machine gun bows  (Read 14185 times)

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: The State of Archery in cRPG - all fear the machine gun bows
« Reply #150 on: February 03, 2012, 09:53:20 pm »
I think you're misunderstanding him.

It's not "omg, this is so unfair and op I can't beat it Q_Q" he's saying, he's saying "wtf guys, look at yourselves; is this really how you want to play the game?"

And I agree with him on one point - it's fucking lame. But then nothing can really be done about it, so I guess we'll just have to wait for flags... FUN!

No but really, I personally don't get the camper mentality, but each to their own I guess.
[sarcasm]Who ever heard of archers taking the height advantage instead of staying on the ground were they are easy prey for melee? Yeah 'wtf' archers indeed. They should all just come down so they can easily be dealt with with minimal effort from melee players. [/sarcasm]

Each map is different and certain classes are better suited to certain maps than others. Some are best for melee, some for ranged, some for cavalry. I guess I'm one of the few players who actually enjoys the variety.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 09:58:27 pm by Lichen »

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #151 on: February 03, 2012, 11:01:17 pm »
+1
If my videos or the discussion in this thread don't convince you archery (and by extension ranged in general) is in a bad place right now, then perhaps an appeal to your knowledge of economics might.

Bodkins, arbalests, steel bolts, horn bows, rus bows etc are all dirt cheap on the market right now.   Yes things tend to fluctuate and yes a large surplus of one item tends to bring the price down, but the fact all these ranged items seemed to lose value very recently should be telling.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #152 on: February 03, 2012, 11:43:36 pm »
But it's so funny. I swear next patch they're going to buff those items and then I'll be swimming in $$.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #153 on: February 04, 2012, 12:12:06 am »
But it's so funny. I swear next patch they're going to buff those items and then I'll be swimming in $$.

Shhhhh!  >_>  :twisted:
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline bagge

• King
  • Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
« Reply #154 on: February 19, 2012, 03:28:08 am »
sup hi sup
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.