Author Topic: Hiltslash  (Read 1716 times)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Hiltslash
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2012, 08:15:26 pm »
how do you explain hitslash being possible on a slow mod like crpg but not possible on the faster mod (native) then?

lol

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1040
  • Infamy: 2126
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2012, 08:22:06 pm »
I just find those deaths, when you die from someone's weapon while you're BEHIND him, totally ridiculous.

What sense does that make?

That's what I'm talking about. And that's happening because of hiltslash. I really don't mind people who abuse hiltslash "feature" on purpose because it takes some skill to do it. But dying to a guy who's spamming his weapon when you're behind him is pure bullshit. Only way to fix it will be the death of (intended) hiltslash  as well, that's why I named the thread like I did.

Yeah, I can block the dude who's spamming while I'm behind him, but why I should do something stupid like that. Doesn't make sense at all.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 08:23:07 pm by Leshma »

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2012, 09:11:27 pm »
Also blocking while trying to reach him would slow you down. I'm not sure how the earlier active attacks helped as I routinely see people stabbing past teammates and walls. I've also somehow stabbed the enemy as a teammate pretty much blocked my path.
And how!

Offline Renten

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2012, 01:05:28 am »
I stab through someone at least once a day as a polearm. I have 18-24 ping steady. Its especially easy while spinning.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2012, 01:25:43 am »
That's what I'm talking about. And that's happening because of hiltslash. I really don't mind people who abuse hiltslash "feature" on purpose because it takes some skill to do it. But dying to a guy who's spamming his weapon when you're behind him is pure bullshit. Only way to fix it will be the death of (intended) hiltslash  as well, that's why I named the thread like I did.

Yeah, I can block the dude who's spamming while I'm behind him, but why I should do something stupid like that. Doesn't make sense at all.

I've been killed by a guy whose sword was inside my ragged outfiut when he started swinging. Its just bad.  :mad:
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login