Author Topic: HOW TO SURVIVE/KILL A HORSEARCHER  (Read 4671 times)

Offline kongxinga

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Farmers
Re: HOW TO SURVIVE/KILL A HORSEARCHER
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2011, 06:35:01 pm »
Are people still complaining about horse archers? They might be the weakest class their is, even before taking into account the archer box maps that are popular in servers. Started to play one post patch because of the nerfs to cav and archery. Being the masochist, I purposely chose what should be the weakest class and was not disappointed.

You can either be inaccurate and fire very weak shots, or you can be VERY inaccurate with shots that are still weaker than longbows and warbows.

Offline Murchad

• Noble
  • Renown: 24
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2011, 05:07:10 pm »
Are people still complaining about horse archers? They might be the weakest class their is, even before taking into account the archer box maps that are popular in servers. Started to play one post patch because of the nerfs to cav and archery. Being the masochist, I purposely chose what should be the weakest class and was not disappointed.

You can either be inaccurate and fire very weak shots, or you can be VERY inaccurate with shots that are still weaker than longbows and warbows.
while this is true for lower level HA's it is possible to make very strong HA's
I think all the dedicated HA's have lvl 35 in mind for their final build. at 35 i will be strong and accurate
(I'm going to retire a few more times to get my gear setup before the big grind to 35)

Offline Maira

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • War is won at the cost of a great loss.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Houses of Cards (House of Hearts)
  • Game nicks: Loz, King_Charles_of_Hearts
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2011, 05:24:29 pm »
I still do fine on Loz, even with my 200 ping I can top the scoreboard sometimes. And now, with lower ammo and weaker armor, I don't think there's a NEED for a guide to kill a HA, we just die in 1 hit anyway...

Offline kongxinga

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Farmers
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2011, 04:54:22 am »
while this is true for lower level HA's it is possible to make very strong HA's
I think all the dedicated HA's have lvl 35 in mind for their final build. at 35 i will be strong and accurate
(I'm going to retire a few more times to get my gear setup before the big grind to 35)

Level 35? Hats off to you for making the grind. How much exp is needed?  A Zillion?

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2011, 06:01:53 am »
I've just been doing fine on my level 24 horse archer, sometimes even topping the scorechart.
Most of the time not, but actually I think this is balanced ... someone who can run away from everyone that can kill him, shouldn't be able to kill a lot of people. (And getting one kill while playing the entire round is still more fun for me than getting 4 and then waiting in death sight for 3 minutes).

Offline Murchad

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2011, 04:15:26 pm »
I am going to make alot of lvl 30 HA's before I do the push to 35.. want to loom my horse

but the way I play HA is use good horses/gear on good HA maps. on bad HA maps either go footarcher or cheap gear to save money.

I have been trying out heavy HA and I have to say it's awsome. my accuracy is still really good.
I do notice that it takes slightly longer for each shot but I can take alot of arrows from weak archers and a 2-3 from stronger ones without dying. i'm almost level 30 now, at level 30 i'll have 5pd 4ha,
I die most from chasing people around trees/buildings  or getting teamed up on by cav

oh, and to the guy who asked about when you get accurate. when you get to the 24agi point you will have nice accuracy with the 8wm and 4ha but it gets really good at the 30agi 10wm 5ha point (if you reach it)       I went for the 24 point this retirement becuause i heirloomed my khergit, I used the nomad before I got up to my khergit and i have to say I would reccomend the khergit or strong bow. you can do good if you use nomad by aiming for head and weaker enemies. but will have a hard time killing alot with your limited arrows and low dmg.  when i go to lvl 35 i plan on getting 5pd 5ha, would be neat if Qilidj_Arslan went for 3pd 6ha, hes been using nomad and it would be crazy fast and accurate.

edit- forget to mention throwing. throwing weapons are really the bane of horsearchers existance
 it is ok if the map is open enough to keep distance and snipe them, but in tight maps i usually don't even try to HA anymore with 1/2 of players having throwing weapons.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 04:19:27 pm by Murchad »

Offline Toffi

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Honoured Guard)
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2011, 05:56:49 pm »
There is one thing in crpg I hate. Guess what? Yes, These are horsearchers. To be more precise, cowardly horsearchers. I'm playing cavalry, I kill a lot of them, but still they are always aiming for my horse and sometimes it gets shot down. That's okay, but then, the cowardly part beginns. I try to hit them, no chance, I whistle for a horse, they shoot it. I try to attack them again, they ride away and try to shoot me all the time. But the best thing about it is: They don't even hit ME once. Lack of skill.

Edit: **** them.

Offline Murchad

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2011, 10:32:19 pm »
single cav have a hard time against HA, but with groups they are effective. good horsearchers are good at not getting tunnel vision, but if they bump into something (rock, tree, corner of building, other horse) it means getting a lance shoved through them.

best thing to do when a horsearcher is doing the thing you describe is to get behind a tree or get closer to friends. if you use a tree you might be able to lure them close enough to kill.

Offline Toffi

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Honoured Guard)
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2011, 04:18:06 pm »
yeah, but you see it's just no fun, to walk left, walk right and so on... :mad:

Offline Maira

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • War is won at the cost of a great loss.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Houses of Cards (House of Hearts)
  • Game nicks: Loz, King_Charles_of_Hearts
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2011, 04:34:35 pm »
yeah, but you see it's just no fun, to walk left, walk right and so on... :mad:

Fun? Who said you're supposed to be having fun? You're expected to win!