Author Topic: Add-on rules, after patch  (Read 1946 times)

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
Re: Add-on rules, after patch
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2011, 03:23:08 pm »
yeah I agree. Autospawn master of the field would solve a lot
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Nelo

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolves
  • Game nicks: Nelo
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2011, 03:43:22 pm »
What does the archer buff have to do with any of this? People were bitching about the archer buff and how OP they were when it was first announced, before it was even fixed (meaning archery was actually nerfed for a little while, bodkins were only doing 2 cut damage, long bows only did cut damage)

ahh yes.... what should i do? surrender? Oo no way... and i didnt need a meele weapon to kill a shielder at least. and yeah thanks to the arrow bug i most pick up arrows now :S

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2011, 03:44:24 pm »
(click to show/hide)

1) When building a weapons rack, does the stuff needed take up all slots? Why spawn to build them in the first place? In siege its totally annoying to see 5 guys building some construction site (that usually never gets completed) ppl are there at 60 seconds still trying to build something. WTF is the point?

Can you give me some good reason why you and the team need a weapons rack? I would of thought equipment box is better no?

I have to be honest and say I havent deployed equipment boxes and dont know how to. Weapon rack takes 5 cs i think?

For battle, if throwers/archers can get more ammo or people can change gear mid-battle, that's a half decent reason, but how many people run out of ammo and live long enough in the battle + isnt there already enough missiles flying about already?

2) Yeah it's a grey area and I think most admins would prefer not to kick and give people a chance to drop down. If we are a bit more harsh with this people will get the point.

3) I keep thinking of HA/Mounted xbowmen when I read this - it's a playstyle. Another grey area and many people think it's lame but i'm sure every class is deemed by some people to be "lame" in some respects. If an archer is just running around and not fighting then he's definately pushing it and probably deserves a kick. Mounted xbowmen can take some time to reload though so most of the time they are riding around doing nothing. They cant even bump cos it stops them reloading.

For MOTF i think 1 minute is not enough time. For auto spawn you need at least 1:30-2mins. By that time there's only going to be a few guys fighting it out so why not let thme fight it out at the flags and if someone wants to run away they lose the chance to win.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 03:46:05 pm by RandomDude »

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2011, 03:56:35 pm »
3. I dunno. That would end up with a double standard. I've clutched 10 or so guys a few times. But that's just me jumping in and going crazy.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2011, 04:23:23 pm »
1) When building a weapons rack, does the stuff needed take up all slots? Why spawn to build them in the first place? In siege its totally annoying to see 5 guys building some construction site (that usually never gets completed) ppl are there at 60 seconds still trying to build something. WTF is the point?

Can you give me some good reason why you and the team need a weapons rack? I would of thought equipment box is better no?

I have to be honest and say I havent deployed equipment boxes and dont know how to. Weapon rack takes 5 cs i think?

For battle, if throwers/archers can get more ammo or people can change gear mid-battle, that's a half decent reason, but how many people run out of ammo and live long enough in the battle + isnt there already enough missiles flying about already?
Building a weapon racks takes 8 slots. So yes, you can build one with 4 people, while one only takes a 1 slot weapon, since construction site is 3 slots. But even with 2, it's very easy to do. Takes less than 10sec to build it, then 10sec for both to get new equipment.
It's usefull, cause you can spawn ladders and siege shields from it, for example. And.. spam them. Of course, building big things like healing tent (25cm) and siege towers takes way too much time to be effective in battles. We managed to build an healing tent in siege as defenders, once, and it helps a lot. (well.. it helped for the remaining 2min we still had to defend the flag, but we were only two builders then)

2) Yeah it's a grey area and I think most admins would prefer not to kick and give people a chance to drop down. If we are a bit more harsh with this people will get the point.

Yep, all i ask for is a bit more harshness. Since it really depends on the situation, most of the time.

3) I keep thinking of HA/Mounted xbowmen when I read this - it's a playstyle. Another grey area and many people think it's lame but i'm sure every class is deemed by some people to be "lame" in some respects. If an archer is just running around and not fighting then he's definately pushing it and probably deserves a kick. Mounted xbowmen can take some time to reload though so most of the time they are riding around doing nothing. They cant even bump cos it stops them reloading.

For MOTF i think 1 minute is not enough time. For auto spawn you need at least 1:30-2mins. By that time there's only going to be a few guys fighting it out so why not let thme fight it out at the flags and if someone wants to run away they lose the chance to win.

The "bumping stops reloading" was removed, i'm pretty sure of it. And yes, you can let the HA fight, but when the round has already taken 4min, and the guy is still pewpewing, then it's irritating. You have to wait for him to finish his three stacks of arrows, then to "steal" a weapon on the ground, from a dead body, to finally engage in melee.  In most cases, the fighting is useless, and i wonder "why" the horse archer/xbow didn't use all his ammo already, unless he was... waiting for the end of round to fight, just to get valour...
Some players tend to "always" use weird flanking tactics, going to a far off mountain and stay there shooting down till the end of round... with such great distance, it's not always effective, but when he's the last one, the opponents 2h have to go up and meet him, already wounded, thus getting slaughtered, and providing the camper his dear k/d then valour.

I think MOTF 1min is enough. At least people will go to the same direction, and meet and fight before reaching the flag, maybe.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2011, 02:37:53 pm »
Shameless bump.

Need more harsheness from admins, too many exploiters.
Just yesterday, we saw this beautiful pink message " Mr X, warning. Stop autowalking." Mr X : "Yes, sorry."
As i was dead after a fantastic charge, ended with a bolt in my body, i looked at Mr X.
He was already on the other side of the map. And of course, before he reached the opponents, he was the last of his team. And then he fighted back, instead of just letting the other people kill him. Of course, he died afterwards, after a 20sec fight.

If you "want" to fight, then stop autowalking. I thought autowalking towards ennemy was considered as a suicide charge, aka leeching, aka banable. But since, too bad for him, we didn't go that way but another, he found himself surviving.

Also...i was wondering for another suggestion :

5-New pink message, with negative effects
Also...i was wondering for another suggestion. A lot of people know about the "thy valour on the battlefield hath been rewarded", and i was wondering if we couldn't "also" add a similar text, with opposing effects. I see, nowaday, a lot of people seem to be enjoying being the last one alive, even if they have to camp roof for that, and of course, i speak about xbows. It's a shame valourous melees, who die in glorious charge, after taking down 3 opponents, and suviving at least 1min in a clusterfuck don't have a chance for this message, since they wait at least another minute before the roofcamper has to jump down and die. What this message do, is not only rewarding some people, but also "forcing" people to delay, not engage right in the beginning.
So if was added a message, with opposite effects, for the same kind of people, it'd balanced that a little. For example, if you're one of the ten last to die, but you don't do any damage, and stayed far from ennemies for a long time, then you get "Stop being a coward and fight. The leader has decreased your wages." And the next round, you have a 0xp 0 gold per tick, just like if you falsely accuse of leeching when having a x1. Of course, this needs some tweaks, but i find it... shamefull, that this "valour" goes to roofcampers... Where's the valour in shooting from an unreachable roof... you tell me.
Only allowing valour for melee characters would be too harsh, thus a negative message would help balance that.

Opinions on all points ? Preferably on points 2,3 and 5, wich are the most... unsettled. 1 and 4 seems to be kind of accepted, even if they still need some refining.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;