Author Topic: Add-on rules, after patch  (Read 2058 times)

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
Add-on rules, after patch
« on: September 21, 2011, 09:37:52 pm »
+1
I'd like to suggest some "rules", or at least behavior, and, maybe, ask admins to be more severe about thoses simple facts that can really frustrate the community.

1- Weapons rack.
People who build thoses (at least two) don't usually have any weapon at the beginning of the round, and "have" to use the weapon rack in order to get thoses weapons. When there's a... let's say someone who wants attention... on your team who destroys that rack and just go away, leaving you there with only your punches, it's quite frustrating. So :
-destroying team's weapon rack is kickable (if the guy didn't know), or bannable (did it again, or definitely knew how it works)
-destroying other siege equipment is as destroying ladders/siege shields.

2-Unreachable places.

Since this matter hasn't been resolved, yet, i'd like it to figure officially for the rules. We all know that when the only remaining people on one team are on unreachable places, they have to jump down. What happens though in the battle servers, is people jump down one by one, while the other continue shooting. "Look, one my teammates jumped down, so we're not the last on unreachable places ! Let's continue shooting." The worse, is when there's only one guy left, he definitely knows he has to jump down, but he takes 4 shots before coming down on his own. And that's just too much. Definitely delaying, even when he has no chance.
-The last guys on the unreachable places don't have the right to shoot from it anymore. It's a basic offence, and it gives you a warning, then a well-deserved kick. Who cares about your k/d ratio, just get down already and die. You already wasted enough time up there, but now you also want to shoot since people are gathering around your building ?

3-High speed
So, you're the last guy, archer, crossbow or cavalry, it's always the same. When there's ten people facing you, do you really think you have a chance ? If you want that much to kill them, then maybe you should have stayed with the group instead of hiding/flanking or whatever. Delaying is not just "not fighting", it's postponing the inevitable. Nothing's worse for the spectators to see an archer shooting, runnning away, shooting, running away, out of ammo, trying to loot some arrows while running away, no more arrows still running away, then typing "let me grab a weapon" while still running away, then grabbing a melee weapon, facing the opponents, and dying in one hit because he doesn't know how to block. 40secs passed, not even a tick, and during that time the all other team just run after the guy, knowing they can't get him unless he turns around. Another example is with cavalry. "Oh oh, i'm the last one, but since it's an open map and they're following me scattered, i can still pick off some of them" Yes, you "can", but you'll never win the round. So we see a rider, circling around people, going around buildings, waiting for opponents to get fed up and stop moving with the group, then attacking thoses ones, killing them, and starting the whole thing again till they make an error or a range shoots the horse down.
-When you're the last, and you "know" there's not a single chance for you to win the round, then why continue running away, in one word : delaying. "I'm fighting, but since i'm an horse archer, i don't have to stay in range. Damn, out of arrows. Let's search the battlefield for a weapon. Here, found one. Here i come !" *Slash* Purple team won the round. "Oh well, i did my best."

I know very well that all thoses simple things fall under the "common sense rule", but it's really frustrating to see so many players with no common sense. If it was written somewhere, if it was punished, or at least warningable (word doesn't exist, but it fits nicely in this sentence) then i'm sure the end of rounds would be quicker, and allow for players to play more, and wait less during the same play-time.

PS: Eu1, no polls allowed, no admins. Is there really a reason for admins to disallow polls when they come online ? They can just change polls setting to 90% when there's an undeserved one, or kick the poll-abuser. When there's an admin around anyway, i rarely see any polls. People know about the "i" message to admin. Admins are human, and it's forgivable to forget putting polls back. But it's also a nuisance ingame when there's no polls, no admins, but griefers.
Yes, we can just drop on Irc and say "Eu1 no polls no admins griefers, please come help"... but why should it be the player initiative when it's an admin's very little fault.

I know i'm just a common player, so i'm open to any constructive critiques, comments and remarks. All i want is to allow the players to enjoy more, and thus having less "hate" during thoses end of rounds.
If enough people find it interesting/important/useless, care about it, then i'll gladly do a poll.

Edit :

4- Master of the field.

-Make the flag "spawn" at 00:59, no matter if there was a kill just before.

I do see reasons against this one, like cav just waiting intentionnaly for the flag, since they can be the first to reach it, and they can kite people who will walk in open places to reach the flag. But at least it would deal with all the tower campers, with two maulers, one pikeman and 7 range, just waiting for the 20 people to come one by one thanks to the ladder. "No, it's not unreachable, there's a stair. Come on up. You have the multy, so you're gonna loose it if it's a draw. Ah ah ah ah !"
PS :I remember a i-don't-remember-wich-game feature, where if you stay too long at the same place, you were getting wounded. Anti-camping feature. Of course, it would be ONLY for battles, and not strategus nor siege. I see a lot of xbows having fun with crossfire at point blank range, on a tower. During the all round. But that's me being playing a 2h for too long i imagine, so i'm a bit biaised, and not very objective.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 02:12:19 pm by Bulzur »
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline justme

• Count
  • Renown: 188
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_Elsupreme
Re: Add-on rules, after patch
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 10:55:45 pm »
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/838/2011092100001.jpg/

love the way where this is going -_-

roof, unreachable, buffed archers..
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 12:14:07 am by justme »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 11:00:42 pm »
1.) I agree
2.) I do not agree.
3.) I am undecided.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 01:03:57 am »
Thanks for the opinion.
I know your main is an archer, but i also know that you try your best to have unbiaised. So i'm undecided too.^^

Feel free to elaborate though. And this topic needs more comments !
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 01:09:32 am »
The reason why I said that I do not agree with number two is that it would be too easy for someone to circumvent the rules by having two people remain on the ground, then the instant one dies another jumps down. Rinse and Repeat. if this too is made to be against the rules then it is far too easy for people to just say "well camping unreachable places period is against the rules so if anyone on the ground dies then you have to jump."
I am interested in hearing arguments against this though.

The third point I am undecided because I am having trouble on if you can enforce a specific number, as some people are skilled enough to say, win against 5 or 7 people and "clutch" the round. On the other hand you must also take into account that if the last person is on a team with a high multiplier, that side usually wants the round to drag out as long as possible anyways. It is pretty irritating though, and painful to watch, and I admit that when I am the last one remaining I usually switch to melee.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 01:21:20 am »
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/838/2011092100001.jpg/

love the way where this is going -_-

roof, unreachable, buffed archers..

What does the archer buff have to do with any of this? People were bitching about the archer buff and how OP they were when it was first announced, before it was even fixed (meaning archery was actually nerfed for a little while, bodkins were only doing 2 cut damage, long bows only did cut damage)
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2011, 03:13:51 am »
The reason why I said that I do not agree with number two is that it would be too easy for someone to circumvent the rules by having two people remain on the ground, then the instant one dies another jumps down. Rinse and Repeat. if this too is made to be against the rules then it is far too easy for people to just say "well camping unreachable places period is against the rules so if anyone on the ground dies then you have to jump."
I am interested in hearing arguments against this though.

You can easily "know" who was on the unreachable roof. All thoses people are categorized as campers. And they'll stay as campers even if one or more of them goes down. When only campers remain, no matter if they're on ground or not, all the remaining ones on roofs have to get down immediately without shooting from it. Of course it's hard to know just "when" all the other teammates died. But a little "tab" and it's all clear, or you can hear the opponents shouting :"down, unreachable, you filthy camper". They can't fool just by jumping down just before the last of their melee dies. This could be considered as a form of abuse.

Mainly, what i hate is when there's 4 unreachable range remaining. All on a roof. And they know it. Opposing teams tells them to go down : Nothing happens till they understand it's pointless, wich can take some time. Admin tells them to go down : they still shoot once or twice, then "some" of them indeed go down. But there's one (the best camper) wich stays on the roof, and continue firing. When all his teammates are dead, he's still there. Admin text again : X, get down now. He walks to the side of the roof, shoot once or twice, then pull out a melee weapon, choose carefully where to jump (where he'll hurt himself the less, where there's the weakest ennemy) then finally jump. We lost 20sec just for the last guy. In a 3min round, that's 1/9th of the time for 1 player out of 40.
This is the kind of mentality i hope will get "fixed".

The third point I am undecided because I am having trouble on if you can enforce a specific number, as some people are skilled enough to say, win against 5 or 7 people and "clutch" the round. On the other hand you must also take into account that if the last person is on a team with a high multiplier, that side usually wants the round to drag out as long as possible anyways. It is pretty irritating though, and painful to watch, and I admit that when I am the last one remaining I usually switch to melee.

Adding numbers is kind of irrelevant, since there can be 12 peasants on a team, and a remaining tincan. What i mean is when there's something like 1v10, AND in thoses 10, there's the perfect counter against the one remaining. If the last guy is an archer, then there's at least one shielder in thoses 10. If it's a cav, there's a pike/longspear and a range guy. In situations like this, just because people are not in the same place, you sometimes see the last guy running away, when you definitely know he's not skilled enough to duel the good players remaining in the other team.
For example, in Eu1, yesterday, i tend to see this dear Nelo always last in his team. He's against some decently skilled Wolf-shielder guy, + six other buddies. And all he does is shoot his arrow to the shielder, run away, try to grab another arrow, continue running away, then pick up a 2hander on the ground, face the shielder and die from one normal slash. Of course, all this took 30sec. It's not much. But when it's always one guy remaining, the same, wich does the same useless run and shoot, it's just.... grrrr... And 30sec watching the guy running... come on... I even saw horse archers be more decent, grab immediately a melee weapon and suicide charge.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2011, 03:52:18 am »
Should make a rule. Wasting peoples time. 120 seconds (2minutes) ban for every second he wasted. That's how many people had to wait for that lamer.

It's only fair. 10 seconds, 20min timout. 30, an hour.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2011, 05:51:45 am »
+3
Regarding #2 & #3, I think Master of the Field should ALWAYS spawn at the 1 minute time remaining mark.  Its the only fair way to solve the problem.  Fast ppl like cav, ha and kiting archers then have a minute to kill remaining players or they auto lose.

if you make it so whichever team has the most remaining players, people will just camp/hide and it will DISCOURAGE actual battle.

Doing this would kill 2 birds with 1 stone.  Campers on the roof? guess what, now they lose every time
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 05:54:28 am by Digglez »

Offline Warcat

• Earl
  • Renown: 396
  • Infamy: 40
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Warcat_ Village_Elder Merchant_of_Tulga Tavern_Keeper Guild_Master Ramun_The_Slave_Trader
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2011, 06:46:55 am »
+1
I'm mostly againist #3, particularly since I often mount up when the map is good for it or stray horses wander. I'm not particularly great, but I have won a couple times againist what normally would be to many people to beat. It really depends on how much ammo I have, if the other are weakened, and if my arrows are hitting that night, but there isn't anyway for me to know if they're wounded if I don't try to hit them some. As long as I ensure there is no draw, I see no reason not to fight for my multiplier.
I completely am againist any type of bans for "time wasting". If you don't want your time wasted, go do cancer research or something useful and beneficial to your life, otherwise you're playing a game to waste time. Besides, if two players are left and the great shield melee fighter stays cooped up in his building while the charger riding pro lancer refuses to dismount to go inside, how do you determine who's the one who's delaying? The one who isn't on your team? If you want people to have hour bans for wasting 30 seconds of your game playing time, your need more patience and to take things less seriously.
In memory of Fallen_Warcat_, member of Fallen Brigade, ruler of Zagush
Tavern_Keeper #1 NA shielder
Strategus City Improvement Project

Offline justme

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2011, 08:04:03 am »
What does the archer buff have to do with any of this? People were bitching about the archer buff and how OP they were when it was first announced, before it was even fixed (meaning archery was actually nerfed for a little while, bodkins were only doing 2 cut damage, long bows only did cut damage)

it doesnt? more archers, more roofcamping, more annoying things shooting from sky and making it unreachable if u want to climb with ladder.. u want to mod go in this direction? we need rules... the last 15 guys were unreachable, and saying they are not last one..

Offline justme

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2011, 08:07:27 am »
Regarding #2 & #3, I think Master of the Field should ALWAYS spawn at the 1 minute time remaining mark.  Its the only fair way to solve the problem.  Fast ppl like cav, ha and kiting archers then have a minute to kill remaining players or they auto lose.

if you make it so whichever team has the most remaining players, people will just camp/hide and it will DISCOURAGE actual battle.

Doing this would kill 2 birds with 1 stone.  Campers on the roof? guess what, now they lose every time

this is moste reasonable argument of all.. and i think its easy to adopt..

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2011, 08:59:02 am »

+1

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2011, 02:15:21 pm »
I'm mostly againist #3, particularly since I often mount up when the map is good for it or stray horses wander. I'm not particularly great, but I have won a couple times againist what normally would be to many people to beat. It really depends on how much ammo I have, if the other are weakened, and if my arrows are hitting that night, but there isn't anyway for me to know if they're wounded if I don't try to hit them some. As long as I ensure there is no draw, I see no reason not to fight for my multiplier.
I completely am againist any type of bans for "time wasting". If you don't want your time wasted, go do cancer research or something useful and beneficial to your life, otherwise you're playing a game to waste time. Besides, if two players are left and the great shield melee fighter stays cooped up in his building while the charger riding pro lancer refuses to dismount to go inside, how do you determine who's the one who's delaying? The one who isn't on your team? If you want people to have hour bans for wasting 30 seconds of your game playing time, your need more patience and to take things less seriously.

I understand your point of view, but i pointed specifically the "if you know you don't stand a chance, then stop delaying". In your case, you know you have a chance, even if it's a small one, and you take it. That's normal. But it's totally different when there's an archer with no melee weapon against 3 shielders and co. Specially when that archer doesn't know how to block/feint/duel.
If we see Chase remaining against 8 people, of course we'll let him fight. If i see a known archer wich sucks at melee against shielders and co, i see no reason why the guy continues kitting. Except being an arse.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2011, 02:16:57 pm »

Added to the open post, for awesomeness. See point 4-.
The problem is, it solves problems while creating others. But it seems to solve more problems than it creates, so... it's good to have. Thanks for the suggestion. I'm pretty sure i already saw it somewhere, but i forgot about it, so thanks for reminding me.