Author Topic: TO THE DEVS TEAM !!  (Read 8014 times)

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
Re: TO THE DEVS TEAM !!
« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2013, 01:07:05 am »
+1
This 100 times
You are aware that
And I put the quotation marks there consciously. Because posting pictures of crying babies in a discussion doesn't help anything, and finally, if you don't have to say something nice, don't say anything at all.
was directed to you, right?
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Cris

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Merc_Cris, Cris, TestSubject
  • IRC nick: Cris
« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2013, 01:15:52 am »
+4
Only on the subject of amount of ranged on the servers:

Taken just now on EU1, out of a 14 player team:
(click to show/hide)

Amount of people playing ranged doesn't reflect main reality, STFs change all the time. Eitherway, that doesn't make ranged balanced.

The game is being balanced to please a 2H and no shield polearm population that thinks they should always have the upper hand (especially str builds, we've all heard the cries when agility was "OP", and still hear it some times now) and it is also balanced only in battle made (last man standing)

This is the typical arrogant 2h view (not saying all 2h are arrogant): "I should be able to catch up an archer without him killing running straight at him, I should kill him in 1 hit, if he manages to defend or even kill me, it means archers are too good and thus must be nerfed in melee too"

Now if we add to the mix overly nerf HA... oh, even more cry for only selfish reasons.

There has been a infantry only server, and a no HA/HX server and yet EU1 still remains the best battle server. Stop nerfing archers when other alternatives have been provided. Buff accuracy, specially for HAs.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • dear god I hate throwers
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Faction: Dracul, RUFF RYDERS
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8
« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2013, 01:23:39 am »
Then its the IF that is saving you, I do not put points into because I cant afford to. And I'm not exaggerating because I was wearing Lordly Katafraktoi Armor, with Hourglass Gauntlets so 54 + 8 gives me 62 body armor and I still got 2 hit.

Well that sounds like a problem with your skill allocation then, if you choose to skimp on IF you have to expect to die easily, just as if I skimp on power strike, I'm gonna glance. But even with 0 IF, with that amount of armor I find it hard to believe you got two shot....unless it's someone with all loomed items, a massive amount of PD, and you were moving into the arrow. As I've ran around with 2 IF wearing around 40 body armor in total, maybe less, and taken many more arrows.  :shock:
I'm rock, nerf paper, scissors is fine. Welcome to c-RPG.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2013, 01:23:49 am »
I wouldn't mind a missile speed and/or an accuracy buff.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2013, 01:24:31 am »
You are aware that  was directed to you, right?

Actually Panos posted it. Who gave your post +1. Weird days.  :lol:
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Panos

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 1319
  • Infamy: 551
  • cRPG Player
  • Hate for 2h kuyak my old friends.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guard
  • Game nicks: Varangian_Panos
  • IRC nick: Panos
« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2013, 01:26:17 am »

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2013, 01:27:12 am »
My post was a reference to CrazyCracka continously posting pictures of crying people saying "leave c-rpg alone!" which along with crying about the turnspeed nerf while having "C-rpg will not be nerfing or buffing because you refuse to use teamwork or tactics.  Have a good day sir" in his sig gave him his title.
Joker go back to making textwalls.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Blackbow

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 282
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Murcs
« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2013, 01:27:43 am »
ups bad editing ...

Offline Hunter_the_Honourable

• Count
  • Renown: 229
  • Infamy: 178
  • Killing fairy riders for the good of cRPG.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-fairy riders.
« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2013, 01:29:36 am »
+1
Well that sounds like a problem with your skill allocation then, if you choose to skimp on IF you have to expect to die easily, just as if I skimp on power strike, I'm gonna glance. But even with 0 IF, with that amount of armor I find it hard to believe you got two shot....unless it's someone with all loomed items, a massive amount of PD, and you were moving into the arrow. As I've ran around with 2 IF wearing around 40 body armor in total, maybe less, and taken many more arrows.  :shock:

I can still take a good 3-4 melee hits even in a light kuyak but with arrows nah.
How can you trust People?
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline Blackbow

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 282
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Murcs
« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2013, 01:31:24 am »
guys can you stay focus on subject please or make your own thread thx ...
or just go away i want to hear a dev !!!

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2013, 01:33:22 am »
I can still take a good 3-4 melee hits even in a light kuyak but with arrows nah.
It's a lot easier to hit a guy 3-4 times in melee than twice with arrows.
For the record I'm not supporting anything blackbow has said, <3 you though blackbow, plz don't shoot me.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #71 on: January 10, 2013, 01:35:42 am »
Amount of people playing ranged doesn't reflect main reality, STFs change all the time. Eitherway, that doesn't make ranged balanced.

The game is being balanced to please a 2H and no shield polearm population that thinks they should always have the upper hand (especially str builds, we've all heard the cries when agility was "OP", and still hear it some times now) and it is also balanced only in battle made (last man standing)

This is the typical arrogant 2h view (not saying all 2h are arrogant): "I should be able to catch up an archer without him killing running straight at him, I should kill him in 1 hit, if he manages to defend or even kill me, it means archers are too good and thus must be nerfed in melee too"

Now if we add to the mix overly nerf HA... oh, even more cry for only selfish reasons.

There has been a infantry only server, and a no HA/HX server and yet EU1 still remains the best battle server. Stop nerfing archers when other alternatives have been provided. *Buff accuracy, specially for HAs.

This * is where I stopped agreeing, Cris. How could buffing HAs help with the archer problem? If anything, it would increase the complaints! Especially since I understood you want to buff the accuracy for archers, too. And even if you didn't, HAs are even more of an annoyance to infantry than archers are, as they have all the "annoying" mechanics of archers, just to a much wider extend (especially the class basically relying on kiting). And a higher number of HAs won't reduce the number of archers, as

Actually all ranged are counter, specially crossbows and archers. Open field - good archer vs good HA at mid range+, archer will always win.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline matt2507

• King
  • Renown: 1013
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • It is when making anything that we become anyone.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Raylin The_Village_Idiot Mohamed_Ali
« Reply #72 on: January 10, 2013, 01:54:44 am »

No donkeys were harmed in the making of this gif.

Offline Cris

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 23
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Merc_Cris, Cris, TestSubject
  • IRC nick: Cris
« Reply #73 on: January 10, 2013, 02:02:12 am »
+1
This * is where I stopped agreeing, Cris. How could buffing HAs help with the archer problem? If anything, it would increase the complaints! Especially since I understood you want to buff the accuracy for archers, too. And even if you didn't, HAs are even more of an annoyance to infantry than archers are, as they have all the "annoying" mechanics of archers, just to a much wider extend (especially the class basically relying on kiting). And a higher number of HAs won't reduce the number of archers, as

Full doesn't mean pin point accuracy, it would be nice to reduce randomness of archery at mid range. I have a long bow alt so I'm talking from both foot and HA experience. At damage cost if needed. Take away randomness, make good damage harder = dedicated players (time invested to mastering archery) have fun and people who are only there for "safe kills" stop being archers.

To be honest, what would be great is pin point accuracy (well almost) with proper physics, like wind... but M&B engine wont support that I think.  Randomness in shot is a paint. I'm all for better armor, less body damage due to good armor, good HS damage, and it should be, with more accurate shooting of course.

One thing I greatly agree with you is the need for a game mode as fun as Battle but without last man standing objective for the win. After all, who cares if ranged enemies are still alive and you can't kill them if they not close to the objective... it wont make a difference to the result of the game.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #74 on: January 10, 2013, 02:11:23 am »
BUFF RANGED!!!!

haha best topic ever, so much butthurt.

And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works