Poll

How many clans will sign until Tuesday evening?

> 6
18 (25.4%)
7-8
17 (23.9%)
9-10
18 (25.4%)
11-12
8 (11.3%)
> 12
10 (14.1%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Author Topic: all cRPG CLAN FALLEN TOURNAMENT (number 02)  (Read 21719 times)

Offline Lansamur

• Count
  • Renown: 232
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lansamur, The_Prisoner,Beer_Storage, Carebear_Ravenei
  • IRC nick: Lansamur
Re: all cRPG CLAN FALLEN TOURNAMENT (number 02)
« Reply #135 on: February 25, 2011, 12:08:19 am »
Well... I performed badly, but lags were a part of that too. like in the last battle of us Guards, where i was the last man standing and 2 attacked me - lag - dead. Not that I would've beaten them, but still, it was there.

Anyways, good fun, Risen: well done. Overestimated our and underestimated your power.
Everyone else, was nice to fight you.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 12:14:40 am by Lansamur »
[22:17] <@chadz> congratz cmpxchg8b, you managed to put 995 errors into the item sheet!
[22:17] <@cmpxchg8b> epic winning
[22:17] <@cmpxchg8b> beat that Fasader

Offline Toffi

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Honoured Guard)
« Reply #136 on: February 25, 2011, 12:11:52 am »
Yeah thx for the organization and for the map, server. But the lag was really bad.

Offline Quirian

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Quirian_HRE
  • IRC nick: Quirian_HRE
« Reply #137 on: February 25, 2011, 12:12:50 am »
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,2080.msg41500.html

Nice lead you got there :P

Btw did you record anything? This time I fought and unfortunately my PC can't handle both fighting and recording.

Nah, I forgot to record, and while I record I cannot be in Teamspeak because everything goes mad then :/

The ladder picture doesn't work :/

Greets

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #138 on: February 25, 2011, 12:18:32 am »
Nah, I forgot to record, and while I record I cannot be in Teamspeak because everything goes mad then :/

Greets

Damn, one of my faction members only recorded the Risen movies, but if you had told we could have tried some others too.  :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bjarky

• Earl
  • Renown: 352
  • Infamy: 31
  • U got gold? I bring tea, silk, hemp, camels +more!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Leadership member)
  • Game nicks: Guard_BD_Bjarky, Guard_the_Lederhosen
  • IRC nick: bjarky
« Reply #139 on: February 25, 2011, 12:39:53 am »

Greets
had the same problem with the pic too, but when you rightclick on it and click "show picture", it comes up ;)

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #140 on: February 25, 2011, 12:42:24 am »
Risen actually have 1 of the best fighters on the server and they were also probably in the strongest setup on the tournament. 2handers also proved as dominating class for the tourneys like this one. I'm only surprised I haven't seen any throwing lances or more crushthrough weapons.

was nice to see a new clan participating (strangers). as i said : the next tourney will be made ahead with 2 days qualifiers (so everybody can find a better date in advance) or for smaller clanteams so more clans will be able to join.

i hope vmega recorded something, at least he spoke about that on forums.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 12:43:29 am by Beauchamp »
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 25, 2011, 12:48:03 am »
Risen actually have 1 of the best fighters on the server and they were also probably in the strongest setup on the tournament. 2handers also proved as dominating class for the tourneys like this one. I'm only surprised I haven't seen any throwing lances or more crushthrough weapons.

was nice to see a new clan participating (strangers). as i said : the next tourney will be made ahead with 2 days qualifiers (so everybody can find a better date in advance) or for smaller clanteams so more clans will be able to join.

i hope vmega recorded something, at least he spoke about that on forums.

I hit a fallen guy in the head with a light throwing axe!  :lol:

I doubt it did any damage though with 8 throwing!

(click to show/hide)

Who?  :)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 12:53:45 am by Thovex »

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #142 on: February 25, 2011, 01:39:20 am »
I'll try to record the next tournament.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 09:46:18 am by Punisher »

Offline Leiknir

• Baron
  • Renown: 81
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen of Fenada / SeaRaiders
  • Game nicks: Leiknir
  • IRC nick: Leiknir
« Reply #143 on: February 25, 2011, 07:49:55 am »
Any chance you will introduce a gold limit for teams in the near future? I just don't like the idea of everyone running around in plate/nearly-plate armor while using the best weapons and shields. Or atleast a max-armor limit of some sort.

Also, why do you equal 1 bow/crossbow with 1 stack of throwing? Just strange, if you allow a normal archer/crossbowman, why not a normal thrower (= 2 stacks) too? As you said yourself, 2hand guys closing in with shields are the dominating force there, thats because there is no one allowed to counter them.

Offline v/onMega

• Count
  • Renown: 234
  • Infamy: 67
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_vMega
« Reply #144 on: February 25, 2011, 09:02:04 am »
Nope.

vMega didnt record anything yesterday. I proudly admit I therefore got wasted and teamkilled a lot.
Simple facts:
My recordings look rather super awesome (Filesize ~ 900 mb per minute).

Tried many rendering methods (mpeg 1+2+4, wmv 11, compressed .avi)none of the qualitysettings proved to be near to the first super material (awesome went to dipshit imo allthough many ppl would say its good)
Next thing I did was going for an uncompressed .avi
(Filesize naow 17 GB)

Tried to lay h264 Codec over that uncompressed .avi, didnt manage to get it working properly for now (this is used for cs cs:source)

So end of the story for now:

I could simply record stuff, render it, looks ok ...but thats not my style.

Sorry, but 3 hours of time i had for that wasn t enuff, to get into gazillion of codecs and 2 programs xD
So, excuses from my side, but i first want to get my camera working before i start acting like dino velvet (maybe I expect too much)

Tournament was nice bcoz of the disciplined teams.
Last server was unstable, felt more fluent though. This one had major lags.

Guess smbdy who is into map building should simple the map down!

Archery once again has proven useless in such fights. Our archers are good shots, couldnt harm anybody in the first fight against risen though.
Did anybody notice the intended flanking move left and right? xD

Maps can be smaller imo, tactics dont count. Its more about stay together, full melee, kill em.

All in all, tournaments like these on a specially designed (simpler) map and a good running server are the future!!!

Great work Beau!

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 25, 2011, 09:34:32 am »
Damn, one of my faction members only recorded the Risen movies, but if you had told we could have tried some others too.  :(

Yeah, only movies he has are from our faction.  :|

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3_Xxps8vM4 (Sorry no guards in the video, it was not recorded.)
(Fullscreen + 720p works best since he's standing at the tribune)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 10:02:46 am by Thovex »

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #146 on: February 25, 2011, 10:59:06 am »
Any chance you will introduce a gold limit for teams in the near future? I just don't like the idea of everyone running around in plate/nearly-plate armor while using the best weapons and shields. Or atleast a max-armor limit of some sort.

Also, why do you equal 1 bow/crossbow with 1 stack of throwing? Just strange, if you allow a normal archer/crossbowman, why not a normal thrower (= 2 stacks) too? As you said yourself, 2hand guys closing in with shields are the dominating force there, thats because there is no one allowed to counter them.

well come up with some ideas about limiting that are simple and maybe they can be done. i don't have an idea how to limit people in a simple way so right now i'm not thinking about introducing any limits. maybe only lowering the top tier armor any can take could work - this could balance a bit 1h/2h/polearms class. aye i might do that...

about throwing - its basicly included in this and previous thread why. lets say 2 stacks of throwing lances is more than everybody having a bow. it was not supposed to be ranged tournament.
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #147 on: February 25, 2011, 11:10:44 am »
Aye for the next tournament armor i'm almost sure i will limit the highest tier way more, probably ending with Cuir Bouilli over Mail. And I think i will do the qualifiers on Sunday during one day but in different times like 18:00 and 20:00 or something. So altogether about 120 players could participate. Finals would be 1 week after again in Sundey in prime time (so like 19:00).

I like idea of even bigger teams (about 11 size) because it would bring more organized fights with more tactics, than I'd allow possibility for smaller clans to create clanteams consisting of 2 clans. Dunno what u think about that, if its not to complicated and I shouldn't rather stick to about 5-7ish fights we've had or even smaller ones.

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 25, 2011, 11:25:11 am »
Aye for the next tournament armor i'm almost sure i will limit the highest tier way more, probably ending with Cuir Bouilli over Mail. And I think i will do the qualifiers on Sunday during one day but in different times like 18:00 and 20:00 or something. So altogether about 120 players could participate. Finals would be 1 week after again in Sundey in prime time (so like 19:00).

I like idea of even bigger teams (about 11 size) because it would bring more organized fights with more tactics, than I'd allow possibility for smaller clans to create clanteams consisting of 2 clans. Dunno what u think about that, if its not to complicated and I shouldn't rather stick to about 5-7ish fights we've had or even smaller ones.

Oh damn, our 'light' heavy armor is Druzhina Lamellar Armor, which is only a tad better, also yes to big teams!

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #149 on: February 25, 2011, 11:39:36 am »
if top tier possible would be changing from tournament to tournament than no clan would benefit in the end from its armor choice. it would be more fair than to have 1 same limit forever.

i think especially ninjas would approve that :o)