Author Topic: A bit of trading and a nap-time NAP. Also, shocking news, Mercs break deals.  (Read 7420 times)

Offline Andswaru

• Duke
  • Renown: 554
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • SeaRaider_
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen of Fenada / SeaRaiders
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Andswaru
Re: A bit of trading and a nap-time NAP.
« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2012, 12:50:57 pm »
+2
He has less members in his faction and he manages to do way better than UDN. Even outsmarted the Nordmen and gave everyone a good laugh. :wink:

Yes he robbed our Free Trade Village of trade goods so we declared him an outlaw so other free traders would recongise him as a destroyer of the S&D in the free trade point we offered. He definately outsmarted us bigtime.
Smooth is the admin NA deserves. Not being that much better, EU deserves Thomek.
[18:25] <@chadz> soon(tm)

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #61 on: November 02, 2012, 12:55:31 pm »
+3
Yes he robbed our Free Trade Village of trade goods so we declared him an outlaw so other free traders would recongise him as a destroyer of the S&D in the free trade point we offered. He definately outsmarted us bigtime.

by declaring him an outlaw you gave him an aura of robinhoodness.  no matter what went down,  you made him popular,  and tales have been told.

in nativ tongue that would be:
"das ist der schinder basnak,  der lumpenhund,  der Nordman schreck,
 das ist der schinder bahasnak,  der zieht eurn namen in den dreck" ^^

thats why people say he outsmarted you.  because they want outlaws to outsmart the mighty : )

people singing of his deeds:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8uF04BpvAk
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 01:12:03 pm by Torben »
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 02, 2012, 12:56:47 pm »
I'd say United are the last one who can say anything about somebody's incompetence. The way you've lost all your fiefs, troops and gear...

No, we didn't, we are losing them now ;)
GG.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 02, 2012, 01:01:38 pm »
+5

You and I both know I was referring to something else. :wink:

BASNAK alias Blood_and_Honour changed his faction's colour to match the Nordmen's, then snuck into one of their fiefs and completely ravaged their S&D. Then he took off with his buddies. The Nordmen caught wind of this and sent a pursuit army. Again, The Rebels pull a clever move on them and lock their pursuit army down with a naked army, allowing the main army of their small faction to get away.

The part where they screwed you over was just another hilarity.

Truly the jokers of this round of Strategus.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 02, 2012, 01:07:24 pm »
+1

BASNAK alias Blood_and_Honour changed his faction's colour to match the Nordmen's, then snuck into one of their fiefs and completely ravaged their S&D. Then he took off with his buddies. The Nordmen caught wind of this and sent a pursuit army. Again, The Rebels pull a clever move on them and lock their pursuit army down with a naked army, allowing the main army of their small faction to get away.

The part where they screwed you over was just another hilarity.

Truly the jokers of this round of Strategus.

Lol this Rebel clan is my favorite EU faction now. Genius. Now just to figure out who Richard Lionheart is.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 02, 2012, 01:09:27 pm »
No, we didn't, we are losing them now ;)
GG.
I doubt your last army do any difference while you've wasted really decent gear and almost 2k troops in Yalibe which could let you keep Reini castle till today. Instead of that you left Reini without defence... Say one thing about United, say they're masters in stratetegy...  :rolleyes:

Offline [ptx]

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 02, 2012, 01:15:43 pm »
That is somewhat smalltime to our traders regularly (read: almost every day) raiding UIF fiefs around us for S&D (since the easterners either had fiefs with no S&D or closed borders everywhere with trigger happy patrols).

I doubt your last army do any difference while you've wasted really decent gear and almost 2k troops in Yalibe which could let you keep Reini castle till today. Instead of that you left Reini without defence... Say one thing about United, say they're masters in stratetegy...  :rolleyes:
We did what we could with our limited resources. You do not know our inner workings, since you went emo and quit early on.

We didn't have the funds to really defend either Yalibe or Reindi anyway, that was a screw-up, yeah, we should've just retreated at the first sight of the UIF armies, but we didn't have fief owners online to get their stuff out. So we decided to instead try and defend, hoping for the best. It didn't work out.

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #67 on: November 02, 2012, 01:21:52 pm »

I was in the area at the time of attack and UIF was rolling in with > 6000 troops, all at least heavily armed. Even 2000 troops at one castle wouldn't have held long against that force!
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Falka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 02, 2012, 01:46:35 pm »
We didn't have the funds to really defend either Yalibe or Reindi anyway,

http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=battlesparticipated#!?page=battledetail&id=1050
http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=battlesparticipated#!?page=battledetail&id=1043
http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=battlesparticipated#!?page=battledetail&id=1046
http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=battlesparticipated#!?page=battledetail&id=1054

In these 4 battles United had 5600 troops and decent gear for more than 2 k troops. After first won battle you would have got even more gear so it wasn't so impossible to defend castle with 5 k troops. But no, 2 k troops stayed in Yalibe and Olwen with 1k was locked outside his fief. What's more, you could have defend even Yalibe at least a few days longer but you've retreated with 600 naked troops after first day. Great move indeed. And you're trying to say eastern block is incompetent...  :rolleyes:

I was in the area at the time of attack and UIF was rolling in with > 6000 troops, all at least heavily armed. Even 2000 troops at one castle wouldn't have held long against that force!

The point is they United had 6 k troops in the area....

PS
You do not know our inner workings, since you went emo and quit early on.
I regret only one thing, that I didn't quit earlier.

Offline [ptx]

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 02, 2012, 01:48:54 pm »
Olwen retreated with 1k naked troops, of which 600 got away.
1,5k troops were locked down in Yalibe, before Olwen could withdraw them.
Same for Peshmi.

We couldn't possibly defend Yalibe through the next attack.

It is called damage control, if we hadn't lost the siege of Reindi, we could've made off with a good amount of gear and troops.

Offline Andswaru

• Duke
  • Renown: 554
  • Infamy: 130
  • SeaRaider_
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen of Fenada / SeaRaiders
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Andswaru
« Reply #70 on: November 02, 2012, 01:52:55 pm »

BASNAK alias Blood_and_Honour changed his faction's colour to match the Nordmen's, then snuck into one of their fiefs and completely ravaged their S&D. Then he took off with his buddies.

Nono we invited him in to trade after he asked to use our open trade point, he then escaped using this colour trick as he escaped from Kapikuli using the same trick, we were watching for it but since they set their nighttime Merc style 9pm till 5am we wanted to just follow them until a reasonable battle hour but they used naked tickets too block us :).
Smooth is the admin NA deserves. Not being that much better, EU deserves Thomek.
[18:25] <@chadz> soon(tm)

Offline Stabby_Dave

• Count
  • Renown: 197
  • Infamy: 34
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Stabby_Dave, Squelch, Dave_The_Longbowman, Faggy_Dave
  • IRC nick: Stabby
« Reply #71 on: November 02, 2012, 01:55:31 pm »
+6
Very few clans could have withstood a simultaneous surprise attack by 5 UIF armies all heavily armed.

In regard to the fief transfer. Our options were to either lose the fief along with a lot of gold and equipment that had been left there by Olwen before going offline for a while OR to transfer the fief peacefully and escape with extra resources to help with claiming new territory. We made the smart decision.

Finally, we were going to transfer the 700 troops to Mercs that we owed and it had discussed it at length in our skype chat. Olwen disagreed with it but wasnt going to stop us as most of us agreed that it was the right thing to do. The fact that you have now freaked out and attacked us has broken the original terms of the agreement and so obviously you wont be seeing any troops.

Offline Falka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 02, 2012, 01:59:29 pm »
1,5k troops were locked down in Yalibe, before Olwen could withdraw them.
Same for Peshmi.
Yea, and it was impossible to send troops and gear to castle BEFORE attack, not after, when was too late. As I said, masters in stratetegy at work  :rolleyes:

Olwen retreated with 1k naked troops, of which 600 got away.
That's what I'm saying, he left Yalibe with 2 k troops and all gear and let Unions lock his 1k army. Then, when he won battle against 300 Unions troops, instead of sending back 600 troops to Yalibe where you had tons of gear he retreated. Just luz.

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #73 on: November 02, 2012, 02:00:56 pm »

With one slightly difference: a part of UDNs troops were population and thus non-transferable. I don't know how many of those though.
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #74 on: November 02, 2012, 02:09:00 pm »
+2
http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=battlesparticipated#!?page=battledetail&id=1050
http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=battlesparticipated#!?page=battledetail&id=1043
http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=battlesparticipated#!?page=battledetail&id=1046
http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=battlesparticipated#!?page=battledetail&id=1054

In these 4 battles United had 5600 troops and decent gear for more than 2 k troops. After first won battle you would have got even more gear so it wasn't so impossible to defend castle with 5 k troops. But no, 2 k troops stayed in Yalibe and Olwen with 1k was locked outside his fief. What's more, you could have defend even Yalibe at least a few days longer but you've retreated with 600 naked troops after first day. Great move indeed. And you're trying to say eastern block is incompetent...  :rolleyes:

No offense mate but (being a Baraba) i recon this is your first Strat ever and you don't know how things work around here. While Olwen's decision making & "diplomacy" may have not been the best you still keep forgetting one very important thing, let me teach you about it in a friendly way: You can throw in numbers & stats as much as you like but the fact remains that activity is the key here and NSFW party never really had that in amounts that would be needed to stand against no-life killing machine like UIF. Most of our members have lives you know while Poles, Russians and Turks rarely ever leave their houses. This is why Mercs strategy of trying to unite everyone else vs them is pretty much the only way you can beat them. Even if you united all non-UIF clans & random people in a single force to stand against UIF i doubt you would ever succeed in it, not because these "coalitions" are noobs and can't play but simply because they do something else beside sitting in front of computer, watching Strat blobs moving on the map, refreshing all the time and grinding troops and money.

PS I regret only one thing, that I didn't quit earlier.

Reading your bitter posts where you're trying to tackle everything that NSFW party ever did (only because you obviously don't agree with Olwen's work, character, whatever) I regret that as well. They did some awesome work for someone who refused to pick a side in this "2 blocks fighting for supremacy" game (and considering its Olwen who did most of the stuff  anyways :twisted:).
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.