Author Topic: A bit of trading and a nap-time NAP. Also, shocking news, Mercs break deals.  (Read 8272 times)

Offline Gingerpussy

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 251
  • Infamy: 224
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Gingerpussy
Re: A bit of trading and a nap-time NAP.
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2012, 10:29:26 am »
So Mercs are at war with UIF? Really? I see... all those battles fought by them against UIF. Ah wait, that was the UDN... and us but NOT Mercs.  :mrgreen:

I love those "we are at war with"-things, where every side just sits in his castle and strokes his balls while the "enemy" does the same in the castle just a hop away. Strategus is an amazing wargame trade simulator.
Well Mercs had a army deep in nords/grey area and fight alot there.

Second the day the UIF attacked UDN then i was there fighting every single battle. I even had to lead a few.
So chill down and get facts straight.

And it was that day i see the total incompetence of UDN , he was away didn't fight at all. and ptx in 1 battle or might been two.

Then they asked for shelter i gave them that even tho UIF had promised UDN Dhirim area. And he posted so on this forum.
Then they asked for GOLD to equip there unarmed troops. Of course this was not acceptable for us to give them gold to equip when they move from UIF to anti UIF in a heartbeat every now and then.So yeah i see that Mercs are the big bad wolf again.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 10:33:28 am by Gingerpussy »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2012, 10:35:54 am »
+4
Ehehehehe, what do we have here:

(click to show/hide)

Turkish fat-boy-slim would surely like to post some crap about QQ and whining and crying but he can't cause he's muted lol.
(click to show/hide)

Edit: but the fan's favorite is definitely this one: Dave attacking Lolwen and Cicero fighting on Lolwen's side. This made my day.  :P
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 10:43:18 am by Gnjus »
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2012, 10:46:14 am »
+6
Holy shit, so i guess we missed the due date by a day. Not like i had told you lot to remind me, in case i forgot. Which is what people with half a brain do. They communicate, not flip out, throw hissy fits and attack in the fucking morning.

Some facts:

• The entirety of the deal is here, in this thread.
  • We had no intention of breaking the deal, i was actually spending the previous few days gathering the troops needed to complete our part of the deal.
  • "You give away your last fief, that we have let you hold from start of strategus." - this confirms what i've suspected for the last few days, you expected us to act as a meatshield for you against the UIF. We are not OK with that.
  • We didn't sell it. We had no chance of holding the fief, nor any intention of trying. We didn't want to waste any more resources, fighting against an enemy, that is geared in full lordly gear, because you guys fail at fighting UIF. We were going to leave it, but multiple "shiny" grey armies showed up before we could make our retreat (Never trust Olwen to manage a fief, still had stuff inside it -_-). So we negotiated for our retreat. The Greys held their word, unlike some.
  • I wrote it at least once here, and so did Olwen, that i was planning to uphold the deal, yesterday.
  • More below:

Hello. You broke the deal.

1) 2 weeks passed yesterday and we didn't get our troops.
2) You gave away your fief to UIF.

Also, accusing Mercs not in fighting UIF is stupid while we fought against Nords (and Nords are official part of UIF since ages if you didn't know, whatever they say), Grey Order (Grey Order lost 1000-1500 men against Mercenaries in battles. Like 750 in direct fight and ~750 reinforcing Nords), Union lost like 800 in direct fights against Mercenaries, and Nords lost like 5k in direct fights. We don't count SoA, Deserters, bandits or any other indirect fights when we (and personally I) organized. Also, we've wasted 8k of S&D in Union territory and like 15k of S&D in the Nord territory during the war. I also personally suggested you gear and troops if you wanted to be offensive against UIF in Dhirim/Halmar area since Dhirim was not supposed to be offensive battle field, only for defence. You refused and Olwen kept threatening with UIF. So what you have now is what you deserve. You should have kicked Olwen from the faction, I even suggested you reward for that. I don't mind helping other members from your faction (Barabe are good guys and friends of mine, also a lot of others: Byzantium i.e.). I'm not going to post in Diplomacy thread since as I don't see any sense in that. I told you what you would face if you take Reindi from us, we could at least defend it from UIF inlike you, giving it without fight.

P.S. I never liked the way you play Strat. Bluffing, shantage and being hypocrite is something that I don't like in diplomacy, we all knew that you would attack us if you had any possibility, we didn't even need your internal information for that. Also we don't want Olwen even close to our territory. He is the biggest mistake of your faction. When all the members in Dhirim area were willing to attack him first - it's not okay.

• You have no business telling us who we should have in our faction or not. Am i telling you to boot Gingerpussy out of your faction, because he manages to antagonise anyone that comes into contact with him?
  • You have no business telling us what we should do with our fiefs.
  • I will gather up some statistics about the troops we have killed and troops we have lost to either side later :wink:
  • For the P.S. - Right back at you, buddy.

Well Mercs had a army deep in nords/grey area and fight alot there.

Second the day the UIF attacked UDN then i was there fighting every single battle. I even had to lead a few.
So chill down and get facts straight.

And it was that day i see the total incompetence of UDN , he was away didn't fight at all. and ptx in 1 battle or might been two.

Then they asked for shelter i gave them that even tho UIF had promised UDN Dhirim area. And he posted so on this forum.
Then they asked for GOLD to equip there unarmed troops. Of course this was not acceptable for us to give them gold to equip when they move from UIF to anti UIF in a heartbeat every now and then.So yeah i see that Mercs are the big bad wolf again.

I was fighting there, fighting on every battle. Your idea of leading a few (e.g. Reindi Castle) involved ignoring/outshouting my orders on TS and getting a number of people with valuable gear rushing out of the castle to get killed in the open by better armored UIF troops. Sadly, we do not have admin for our temporary Nditions channel.
By your incompetence, however, i mean the actual strategic part. Look at the strategus map, zoomed all the way out. Do you still not see it?

We didn't ask for shelter in Dhirim, you offered it, we had Tosdhar, however.
Yes, i posted something on this forum, regarding their offers of Dhirim. Go back and read what i wrote.
Yes, i guess someone did go around asking factions for possible donations to equip our troops.
UIF to Anti-UIF in a heartbeat? I'm sorry, but WHAT!?

--edit: I forgot something: Since we are dragging skeletons out of closets now:
Quote from: Grandom on private forums
Got approached by the mercs, Dave and Ginger. They have a deal for us. I dont see why we should agree but perhaps some of u can see the point. Here it goes:

They ask if we want to take over the whole Dhirim area. 5 fiefs including Dhirim and Senuzdga castle. All equipment, all armies (1000 heavy), all inclusive. They want us to come up with an offer. We owe them 700 troops if I understand it correctly for Reindi Castle already. And they ask for Heirloom points if I understood them correctly. I asked for a specific list of whats included, but they didnt seem very cooperative on this matter.

They wanted a fast answer, as they have others that are interessted (caresalesman talk, hahahahah). Preferably tonight.

Well there it is, I think they are leaving center because they have no chance of protecting it against UIF, and we havent either in my book. So buying this would not be wise. Take it to scype and discuss it there if u like.

Anyone has anything to say about this, shoot!

GRANNY
Easily the most pathethic pile of crap i've ever been offered. And you guys still have the shamelessness to accuse of something, that we are endangering you by losing a single village?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 10:59:52 am by [ptx] »

Offline Gingerpussy

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 251
  • Infamy: 224
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Gingerpussy
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2012, 11:31:59 am »
No wonder u guys turned that offer down seeing how he failed to deliver it correctly.

Thats history anyway. 3k grey Shiny are inside there new fief. They wont move at all before Bashi Union and there leader Drz to join them on a full out attack on Dhirim. They gonna loose all the first battles. Shiny or not. BLING BLING

and my abilities as a commander is well known sometimes i suck sometimes i am a genius. At reindi castle i told u guys  can come with input, and with felt hats and practice swords there is not much to do.

Ohh and about the Map and how it is now is not my plan i have nothing to do with anyone cept inside Dhirim area.

Offline [ptx]

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2012, 11:38:23 am »
and my abilities as a commander is well known sometimes i suck sometimes i am a genius. At reindi castle i told u guys  can come with input, and with felt hats and practice swords there is not much to do.
Ahahahaha.

Oh, and practice swords? your memory fails you.

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2012, 12:02:45 pm »
+5
It's hard to believe own eyes. How it's possible that You Mercs - best friends of every free traders and neutral factions, defenders of downtrodden, bearers of justice, had agreement with UDNWSLFC and you left them alone at our evildevil mercy? Verbal attacks on them is just top of chutzpah you damn cowards. Show your greatness and give them this shitty village again!

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2012, 12:05:41 pm »
+1
As response to DaveUKRs message about the many kills and losses the Mercs had in their "war with UIF" I counted the kills and losses my clan had during this strat.

In total we killed 2k of UIF troops and had about the same amount of losses. You should keep in mind that we are a MUCH smaller clan with only a few active members in contrast to the Mercs with all their holdings. So the kills and losses YOU had in your "war with UIF" is a bad joke. So don't try to remember me about that again. Call me when there is actually some fighting going on in your "war".
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 12:22:59 pm by dodnet »
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2012, 12:12:16 pm »
+4
mercs and udnwhatever having a 1.5k vs 1.5k battle with the uif just outside the door,  wtf o0
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2012, 12:25:34 pm »
mercs and udnwhatever having a 1.5k vs 1.5k battle with the uif just outside the door,  wtf o0

Strategus 4, also known as "you only win if you don't fight, because your "enemies" kill each other without your need"
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline BASNAK

• King
  • Renown: 1349
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MolonLave_Garlic
« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2012, 12:31:34 pm »
Tbh, if I was leading the mercs in the Dhirim area, I wouldn't help the democrats either. The UIF have too great numbers and too much gear in comparison to the Dhirim area, which makes it stupid to just charge out blindly.

Instead they choose to defend, on their walls which gives greater chance for victory and more UIF casualties.

Offline [ptx]

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2012, 12:32:46 pm »
Yeah, Basnak, you are a master strategist as well. Obviously you win wars by camping and letting the enemy accumulate infinite resources.

Offline BASNAK

• King
  • Renown: 1349
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MolonLave_Garlic
« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2012, 12:35:36 pm »
Yeah, Basnak, you are a master strategist as well. Obviously you win wars by camping and letting the enemy accumulate infinite resources.

Your suggestion is that they should have rallied everything they have from the Dhirim area to come save your asses?
And the UIF aren't really interrupting trade in the east either. Unless the UIF are master traders or glitching I don't see a problem.

Offline [ptx]

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2012, 12:40:21 pm »
Your suggestion is that they should have rallied everything they have from the Dhirim area to come save your asses?
And the UIF aren't really interrupting trade in the east either. Unless the UIF are master traders or glitching I don't see a problem.
No, i am not talking about us.
Look at the strat map, zoomed out. Do you not see a vulnerability in UIF's lands, at least what they controlled at the start?

And yes, the UIF are at least organised traders, unlike the eastern bloc, which is why the UIF now have practically limitless funds to equip their armies with lordly plate and top tier mw weaponry.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2012, 12:41:31 pm »

He has less members in his faction and he manages to do way better than UDN. Even outsmarted the Nordmen and gave everyone a good laugh. :wink:

Dhirim was always a trading area anyway. Was never meant to mount full offensives from there.

@ptx: Organised in the sense that each UIF member has a second or third key they use to run around and trade for them. Confirmed by devs.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2012, 12:48:51 pm »
I'm not as much blaming you, as laughing at how incompetent you are.
I'd say United are the last one who can say anything about somebody's incompetence. The way you've lost all your fiefs, troops and gear...