Author Topic: Buff Arming Sword  (Read 2512 times)

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
Re: Buff Arming Sword
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2013, 02:54:19 pm »
+1
I already have a Short Arming Sword and a Long Arming Sword loomed. Don't give me a reason (in addition to looks) to get an Arming sword +3 too D:

Short Arming has very nice stats now, so you are probably happy with that. Hopefully the Arming Sword can join it in the "weapons that have a purpose" category.

Historically, the Arming Sword category was probably the most common type of medieval sword, but in cRPG, most of the line is neglected because of inferior stats. That's a shame.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2013, 04:46:23 pm »
+1
I say give arming sword +2 pierce.  Balanced.

I'd say +1 cut instead. Would make Arming Sword and NWS have the same difference as KAS and NCS, and those two are both used a lot. Arming Sword is rarely used while NWS is used quite a lot
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2013, 05:06:59 pm »
I'd say +1 cut instead. Would make Arming Sword and NWS have the same difference as KAS and NCS, and those two are both used a lot. Arming Sword is rarely used while NWS is used quite a lot

Yeah, this would be OK. It'd still be a slightly worse Italian Sword for slightly cheaper, but Italian is overwhelmingly popular, so it would be nice to add a little variety.