Author Topic: New Market Rule  (Read 76784 times)

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
Re: New Market Rule
« Reply #135 on: March 29, 2012, 06:47:40 pm »
Slap PanPan in the face. Reacting like that means he should not have his item back at all.

First off, paying back the whole 200k is unacceptable, as no more than a 100k profit was made.

Second, selling the item back to the original owner for a tiny profit compared to what could be done is a very reasonable and generous choice. Requesting the money back proves that in this case, this generosity was not deserved.
Kafein. Panpan forgot to add a 0 to the price and sold it for 100k instead of 1 mill. The guy then sells it back, but demand an additional 100k for "compensation". Let's quote the second line of Meows post, shall we?
This means that if you find offers that are obvious mistakes you must return those item/gold to the original owner without any personal gain.
You can buy the item and instantly contact the owner so no one else can grab it or you just PM him and make him aware of his mistake.

Also. Now Von_Hazaa is bitching to us because of strat. He attacked random neutral players around our area and is now whining since we raped his ass. For fun we decided to say "give PanPan back his 100k and we'll leave you be after this". This made him go into a fit and he now demands 1mill from US because he was "so nice to PanPan and gave him back his stuff". Really mature and sportsman-like, you agree?
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Haze_The_Hobo

• Baron
  • Renown: 139
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pantheon
  • Game nicks: Pantheon_Haze_The_Hobo Haze_Ze_PewPew
« Reply #136 on: March 29, 2012, 06:50:13 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Zapper you come straight from kindergarden or it is just hard for you to read?

New rules do not apply on old cases.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 06:52:06 pm by Von_Hazaa »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
« Reply #137 on: March 29, 2012, 06:55:12 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Zapper you come straight from kindergarden or it is just hard for you to read?

New rules do not apply on old cases.
No shit, Sherlock! Figured it out yourself?

You are the one who brought this up. I'm the one pointing out that the rules we have now (which this thread is about) would make you have to give the item back, without gaining any money from it. Capiche?
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #138 on: March 29, 2012, 07:10:23 pm »
+1
Jarlek is it okay with you if i get myself mw bamboo spear army with lordly milanese and hunt him down hmm?

Offline Haze_The_Hobo

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 29, 2012, 07:11:55 pm »
(click to show/hide)

It is good they added this rule, Merciless would have ran outta looms by now.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 29, 2012, 07:16:11 pm »
Kafein. Panpan forgot to add a 0 to the price and sold it for 100k instead of 1 mill. The guy then sells it back, but demand an additional 100k for "compensation".

Ok so this happened at a time there were no rules about this. If PanPan was not happy about being able to buy his item back for only 100k more, then he could have simply refused and the "scammer" would have won ~1100k gold out of this, instead of 100k. I'm quite sure the guy did not demanded to lose ~1M profit.

without gaining any money from it.

without loosing any either. This is a past event and nothing will be done about it one way or the other, but asking for more than what PanPan lost as a compensation is like wandering in town with a "beat me up" sign over your head.

Anyway, I'm done with you two, happy arguing.

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #141 on: March 29, 2012, 07:19:01 pm »
+1
Spuitelf , as i would call you in dutch. Also I'm an excelent marketplace trader making profit all the time without scamming so please every guy has made an typo in his life so .

Offline Haze_The_Hobo

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 29, 2012, 07:32:35 pm »
Spuitelf , as i would call you in dutch. Also I'm an excelent marketplace trader making profit all the time without scamming so please every guy has made an typo in his life so .

I could also call you with many words in finnish, but this is not the time or the place.

(click to show/hide)

Peace out.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 29, 2012, 07:33:21 pm »
Ok so this happened at a time there were no rules about this. If PanPan was not happy about being able to buy his item back for only 100k more, then he could have simply refused and the "scammer" would have won ~1100k gold out of this, instead of 100k. I'm quite sure the guy did not demanded to lose ~1M profit.

without loosing any either. This is a past event and nothing will be done about it one way or the other, but asking for more than what PanPan lost as a compensation is like wandering in town with a "beat me up" sign over your head.

Anyway, I'm done with you two, happy arguing.
Actually you are wrong about this. Remember all those threads with people doing the exact same mistake, other guy refused to give it back, and admins permabanned them? That is what would have happened if he hadn't given the item back. Also, it's not a ~1M profit when you get it because of a typo mistake by the other guy. It's scamming. Also, we just threw the "pay us the money and we will leave you alone" because they started begging us to stop attacking them in strat, and we wanted some fun with them. Nothing wrong with that, no? Besides, he is the one bringing this all up again, remember? We're just explaining shit to ya :P
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 07:34:25 pm by Zapper »

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 29, 2012, 08:57:22 pm »
Actually you are wrong about this. Remember all those threads with people doing the exact same mistake, other guy refused to give it back, and admins permabanned them? That is what would have happened if he hadn't given the item back. Also, it's not a ~1M profit when you get it because of a typo mistake by the other guy. It's scamming. Also, we just threw the "pay us the money and we will leave you alone" because they started begging us to stop attacking them in strat, and we wanted some fun with them. Nothing wrong with that, no? Besides, he is the one bringing this all up again, remember? We're just explaining shit to ya :P

Well as you seem to want it I will reply.

I agree with you, except on one, rather big, thing.

It's scamming.

It is not. Not at any moment did the so-called scammer lied. Hell, he did not even communicate at all. I also don't remember a single thread about someone that was banned for accepting a trade with a typo in it. The actual scammers (those that for example say they sell heirloom points but just keep the item you want them to loom) are dealt with as such, since the beginning of the marketplace. The only consequence of events similar to this was poophammer losing his admin status.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #145 on: April 05, 2012, 03:37:59 am »
poophammer losing his admin status.
FREE POOPHAMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Toffi

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Honoured Guard)
« Reply #146 on: April 05, 2012, 08:07:38 pm »
Good new rule.

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
« Reply #147 on: June 01, 2012, 08:16:02 pm »
who would i contact about a problem? i heard meow is taking a break?

Offline Dalhi

• Earl
  • Renown: 415
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dalhi
« Reply #148 on: June 01, 2012, 08:24:56 pm »

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective