Poll

Please specify how item classes should be changed: (v0.223)

Buff horses
192 (7%)
Buff armor
162 (5.9%)
Buff one handed weapons
195 (7.1%)
Buff two handed weapons
140 (5.1%)
Buff polearms
98 (3.6%)
Buff shield
120 (4.4%)
Buff thrown
264 (9.6%)
Buff bow
151 (5.5%)
Buff crossbow
85 (3.1%)
Nerf horses
144 (5.2%)
Nerf armor
80 (2.9%)
Nerf one handed weapons
79 (2.9%)
Nerf two handed weapons
180 (6.5%)
Nerf polearms
209 (7.6%)
Nerf shield
117 (4.2%)
Nerf thrown
89 (3.2%)
Nerf bow
153 (5.5%)
Nerf crossbow
174 (6.3%)
Leave everything as is. (overrides all other options)
125 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 973

Voting closed: May 31, 2011, 02:13:07 pm

Author Topic: Official Survey about item power  (Read 67577 times)

Offline bosco

• Count
  • Renown: 258
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
  • Steady...
    • View Profile
Re: Official Survey about item power
« Reply #105 on: May 14, 2011, 11:35:59 am »
In addition, even a peasant with a pike can stop an armored horse that's charging at full speed, which leaves it open to get ganged.

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #106 on: May 14, 2011, 11:37:40 am »
1st - i think by slot system the throwers (hybrids) were nerfed a lot already. and i heard throwing received even some additional nerf, that was probably totally uneccessary. at least if i see everybody using only wardarts, than there is something wrong with high tier throwing stuff.

2nd - buff charge damage of heavy horses

other than that the game is fine imo. slot system idea was brilliant btw.

p.s. fix the banner balance, its more important than some detailed item tweaking and its still not working as it should (but its another topic).
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 11:39:10 am by Beauchamp »
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Native_ATS

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 14, 2011, 11:40:03 am »
throwing was way over nerffed, took lances form 12 to 2....
all throwing ammo was droped, so less ammo for 2 slots...
all throwing weapons where nerffed in damg...(even rocks.... and darts)
throwing wont go past 9pt since you cant get enough wpf to throw well...
takes 3jarids at 9pt to kill a man... thats your whole stack... if you miss once your dead, or if u hit a sheild its all over...
maybe you can get someone who can blance them right? so far the team might think that they are some what usefull but they are not at all, was way over nerffed  :|
Ps: buff gen xp plz... maybe cap it at 2000 at x1?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 11:46:13 am by Native_ATS »

Offline Penchik

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Be a Pyro! Burn the world!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Penchik
« Reply #108 on: May 14, 2011, 11:53:10 am »
Nefr the things that kill me! Buff the things I use!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
TROLOLOLING PYRO

Offline ShinySpoons

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: RS
  • Game nicks: AltOfSpoons
« Reply #109 on: May 14, 2011, 01:04:31 pm »
Everything generally seems fine. however, throwing may have been overnerfed. As it stands now, there's little reason justifying points in power throw rather than more stats or other skills.

Offline Dioxete

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Den Bitre
  • Game nicks: Date
« Reply #110 on: May 14, 2011, 01:18:14 pm »
voted for polearms because is the most I use, then is the most i Know.
Some polearms got umbalanced and Serious damage nerfed, Or damage nerfed or unbalanced, but not both at the time.
Sheated I think is ok, but seems bugged the hit point most of the time for this weapons.
There's something shared between 2handed and pole, I don't understand why the tooooo much str requirement for hammer and the slot use, again 1 of this things but not both.
Rly hard nerfed.

By the way, heavy lance got rly nerfed, now light lance is way better, it's worthless the range of the heavy lance if you have 1 point less damage and a lot of speed less.
No way that HEAVY lance do less damage than LIGHT :/

FYI: sorry for the bad english ;:D

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 14, 2011, 01:27:37 pm »
Well said for someone who wants to lay waste to all before him. Why must you think of not the single cavalryman, but the cavalry as a whole?

Why do you think of yourself as the lone warrior? If infantry were in a group, they would be much safer from cavalry.

If a two-hander is swinging at you, hold up your shield, and let your teammate bash in his skull! It does not matter if you get the kill, only that you win, for the multiplier.

If an archer is shooting at you, and you have no shield, hide behind someone who does! Or ask a horseman to assist you while you distract the archer.

Cavalry can only bump into one or two people before being stopped, even without a pike.

When 10 archers get together, and focus their fire, Cavalry gets decimated. 10 two handers will tear through almost any defense. 10 crossbowmen will reduce armored men to scrap. 10 spearmen will keep anyone at bay, 10 1h swordsmen will swarm any foe.

Why must you think of only cavalry when they act as a group? Cavalry act together because you learn very early on, that a lone cav at the start of the battle is mincemeat. It is time for everyone else to learn this lesson, and act together if they want to win a battle.

You talk about cav ignoring the full picture, but it is Kesh who ignores it, and would be happy to see cavalry gone from the game, or limited to only 3 per team.

Cavalry is heavily dependent upon the map terrain and composition of the enemy force. In addition, a cavalryman is also heavily dependent upon his horse, a great expense. Cav is forced to spend less on armor and secondary weapons as he must spend all of it on his horse, maybe a shield, and lance, if he equips himself fully, he will quickly run out of money. If the horseman loses his horse he is usually swarmed and beaten to death, and if not, he may find himself inadequately equipped to fight on foot for someone at his level.

As cavalry becomes more popular, both teams will have similar numbers of cavalry, thus balancing it out. Having many of one type working together on a team will always defeat an opposing team without the correct counter or teamwork. This is also why many people are upset with the "banner balance" mechanic.

You might say "You can't balance this game depending upon people to work together!" but that is stupid, what about Strategus? Are there going to be two sets of rules for balance?

Indeed, well said. Taking the "I pwn everyone anytime" situation as the reference of balance is ignoring the full picture. Although it's tempting to consider it's balanced to murder everyone with ease when you were used to it in previous versions.

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #112 on: May 14, 2011, 01:29:59 pm »
Leave everything as is. (overrides all other options)

i like current balance

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #113 on: May 14, 2011, 01:30:37 pm »
(click to show/hide)
+1

(click to show/hide)
+1, but for slightly different reason, as the armor got buffed and the damaged of weapons overall got nerved, all this seems to speak to go for strength builds, as with additional PS they do on a regular base less glancing and more damage and in this sense aren't that much effected from the changes.
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Momo

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Momo_
  • IRC nick: Momo
« Reply #114 on: May 14, 2011, 03:20:18 pm »
+1
+1
+1, but for slightly different reason, as the armor got buffed and the damaged of weapons overall got nerved, all this seems to speak to go for strength builds, as with additional PS they do on a regular base less glancing and more damage and in this sense aren't that much effected from the changes.

Then, high agi builds should glance much MORE than str builds, heavy armor will be actually useful, I like that idea.. atm it's pretty lame that the small 1 handers are cutting trough my 50 armor without any problem, and poles+2hs are glancing more often on me than 1 handers lol..
I was the first one who started -1-ing everyone, now everyone does it to everyone.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 14, 2011, 04:04:09 pm »
I voted, but also here is something else; Buff AGI builds.

Right now it would appear that high STR builds actually swing and attack faster then their AGI counterparts, all the while wearing their heavy stuff. Which is down right weird, especially when I, personally, am pushing 180 WPF with a katana while wearing about 10 weight in equipment, total.

Additionally, I recommend buffing Athletics, or at least the acceleration. Mount and blade has a strange physics engine, so if you even glance at something that isn't flat you lose a lot of speed, everyone functionally running at the same speed over such terrain as a result. It's silly.

Additionally, having AGI be the ones who swing fast would be nice; Consider STR to be ye olde damage dealers and tanks while AGI the speedy rogues. AGI builds are largely confined to light armor to keep their bonuses going and, additionally, have shit health. (STR and IF give you health, which... AGI builds do not have.) Throwing them a slashyslashy bone would be nice.

I would say exactly the opposite. Agistacking + hard hitting long polearm = instawin. Just turn around your opponent spamming the swing from the opposite direction. Super cheap "footwork" that will work in 80% of cases. And you can say that about nearly all 2h weapons. Only 1h are forced to spend some points in str further than their reqs because they can't hit hard enough not to bounce all the time (with swords btw). If you think you aren't fast with 6 points more agi than your opponent, you don't use it right. I think strength should be buffed and agi nerfed (nerfing the ability to turn around and to accelerate faster).

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #116 on: May 14, 2011, 05:40:20 pm »
Then, high agi builds should glance much MORE than str builds, heavy armor will be actually useful, I like that idea.. atm it's pretty lame that the small 1 handers are cutting trough my 50 armor without any problem, and poles+2hs are glancing more often on me than 1 handers lol..
they do atm i guess, but for sure only a developer can say who knows the exact calculations and i dont have a beef with that, but in return give the agi whores a buff on agi so they can compensate that disadvantage with either movement or weapon speed.
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline ThePoopy

• Earl
  • Renown: 411
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • .l..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: PolePoop
« Reply #117 on: May 14, 2011, 06:10:11 pm »
+1

glancing rate need to be increased in early and late in swings/stabs (all weps)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 06:13:38 pm by ThePoopy »

Offline Whalen207

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • If I see that fucking pickle one more time...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: [Guard_Whalen207 [Guard_Whale_Tosser [Guard_Whale_Tank [Guard_Whale_ArrowSpam
  • IRC nick: Whalen
« Reply #118 on: May 14, 2011, 07:40:38 pm »
Everyone is going to nerf Cav...

:cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry: :cry:  :cry:
Arma 2, Mount and Blade, Garry's Mod and Coloholics Roleplayer, Coder, Mapmaker and Moderator.

Offline 7000bc

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 10
  • Vae Victus, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Roma
  • Game nicks: Varros
« Reply #119 on: May 14, 2011, 07:47:42 pm »
No nerf EVERYTHING slot?
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?