Poll

Please specify how item classes should be changed: (v0.223)

Buff horses
192 (7%)
Buff armor
162 (5.9%)
Buff one handed weapons
195 (7.1%)
Buff two handed weapons
140 (5.1%)
Buff polearms
98 (3.6%)
Buff shield
120 (4.4%)
Buff thrown
264 (9.6%)
Buff bow
151 (5.5%)
Buff crossbow
85 (3.1%)
Nerf horses
144 (5.2%)
Nerf armor
80 (2.9%)
Nerf one handed weapons
79 (2.9%)
Nerf two handed weapons
180 (6.5%)
Nerf polearms
209 (7.6%)
Nerf shield
117 (4.2%)
Nerf thrown
89 (3.2%)
Nerf bow
153 (5.5%)
Nerf crossbow
174 (6.3%)
Leave everything as is. (overrides all other options)
125 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 973

Voting closed: May 31, 2011, 02:13:07 pm

Author Topic: Official Survey about item power  (Read 67334 times)

Offline Momo

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Momo_
  • IRC nick: Momo
Re: Official Survey about item power
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2011, 07:35:08 pm »
Can ONLY select up to 18, damn, jk.  But would be interesting to know results at the end.  Most things are balanced right now, except horses speed/maneuverability stilll pretty high.  Once the January patch nerfed levels and made 3 agility per riding it wasn't immediately an issue because of expensive upkeep, but with upkeep lowered in one of the hotfixes and people accumulating gold for months so cavalry definitely becoming an unbalancing factor.  pre-January you could dodge a lance with good enough athletics, but most people have far less athletics now with level cap so couching lances and lollancings are really easy kills.  Would not be surprised if cav kills have been steadily rising for past 2 months as a percentage of all kills.  They also have been getting fewer and fewer ranged counters so the dancing just out of range and then swooping in with high speed and maneuvarability and almost always a longer weapon except against bamboo spear, long spear, and pike has become quite common.

Personally I never had any problems with cav, you can avoid them if you keep an eye on them. They often made me GTX because of the sneak attacks, but that's not a balance problem  :mrgreen:. But, there is only one thing I dislike about them, the damn speed bonus, they took 3/4 (lancers) of my hp when they came at me like 3km/h that's a JOKE. Make them do this on like 30-40km/h not on 3, thanks.
I was the first one who started -1-ing everyone, now everyone does it to everyone.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2011, 07:35:56 pm »
I selected buff cav, but really my focus was on decreasing upkeep/purchase costs.  Given the recent nerfs to cav I think the incredible cost to purchase and upkeep them could use some toning down.

I speak as someone who's never played cav, and also as someone who could afford the upkeep costs should I want to roll one.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2011, 07:41:29 pm »
i have nothing to do with you but every post i ever happen to stumble across by you is QQ and whine about cav...give it a rest, the key is in the title of the game, not the mod

You should click on my profile and read my last 458 posts (only 9 on cavalry).
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 07:42:54 pm by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • Renown: 263
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rusty mercenary siege engineer
  • Game nicks: Something with Tomas in it
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2011, 07:46:43 pm »
I bet people will say nerf crossbows... I would like to say they are pretty balanced atm, and any nerf should only lessen the heirloom values as opposed to the unheirloomed values. And throwing is pretty pointless atm. Everything else is nice. I was personally fine with cavalry before the nerf, and I am also saddened to see the decline of a fairly different build, the mounted thrower. I've got to say small changes chadz, small changes, we are getting there with balance, so close!
Professional poop cleaner

Offline Reinhardt

• Count
  • Renown: 274
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusaders of Acre
  • IRC nick: Reinhardt
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2011, 07:51:51 pm »
Can ONLY select up to 18, damn, jk.  But would be interesting to know results at the end.  Most things are balanced right now, except horses speed/maneuverability stilll pretty high.  Once the January patch nerfed levels and made 3 agility per riding it wasn't immediately an issue because of expensive upkeep, but with upkeep lowered in one of the hotfixes and people accumulating gold for months so cavalry definitely becoming an unbalancing factor.  pre-January you could dodge a lance with good enough athletics, but most people have far less athletics now with level cap so couching lances and lollancings are really easy kills.  Would not be surprised if cav kills have been steadily rising for past 2 months as a percentage of all kills.  They also have been getting fewer and fewer ranged counters so the dancing just out of range and then swooping in with high speed and maneuvarability and almost always a longer weapon except against bamboo spear, long spear, and pike has become quite common.

l... o.... fucking....l......
"A leader is a dealer in hope."

Offline Warcat

• Earl
  • Renown: 396
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Warcat_ Village_Elder Merchant_of_Tulga Tavern_Keeper Guild_Master Ramun_The_Slave_Trader
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2011, 07:54:30 pm »
I'd really like to see the torch buffed againist non armor wearers and siege equipment. Should be able to set people and catapults on fire.
In memory of Fallen_Warcat_, member of Fallen Brigade, ruler of Zagush
Tavern_Keeper #1 NA shielder
Strategus City Improvement Project

Offline Donkey

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2011, 07:56:16 pm »
Cavalry needs to be balanced somehow, especially lancing. Their ability to get easy kills is sickening. Watching a few lancers pick off your WHOLE team is very demoralizing. Perhaps they shouldn't be able to one shot people with ease.

Also, the speed at some builds swing their weapons makes it nearly impossible to counter sometimes.

I started playing last month and cRPG is still a great mod overall. Keep up the good work, chadz.

Offline Ronan

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Phoenix Company
  • Game nicks: Ronan PxC
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2011, 08:03:59 pm »
Sadly, I did pick what I use. But thats only because thats what I know.

1: Buff horses... Not that what you did to them is at all bad really... Just I think the cost for upkeep should go down. Horse speed and armor are fine I think. Might need a bit of nerf or buff as far as that goes. It really depends on what happens to it natural predators really.

2:buff one hand weapons... They do seem slower than spears and 2/h. Just speed really and a miner tweak really. And as far as the Katana goes I think it should be a good slasher not a good stabber. Europeans are the ones who really abused the ability to stab and Easterners abused the slash "the perfect strike"

3: Buff throw: ok 2slots is fine. Just the amount of ammo is retarded. If u think about it anything less than a thrown lance can not be used as a melee weapon. Ya kinda killed the unique style of M&B by basically dismantling throwing weapons. Maybe even give throwing lances back some of their ammo but make it so IF you choose that weapon you can ONLY have that weapon in your inventory. If thats possible.... But a side note on that is people can just pick up weapons in the battlefield (abuse). Ive used javelins for a small while. 1 slot with 3 ammo was nice but still gave me 9 + a one slot weapon. So I see how thats a bit much. Maybe keep it 2 slot but up it to 2 slot 4 ammo, as well as the others that fall into that category. And another idea is to up the weight to slow them back pedaling down since Im sure the realistic nuts would agree that throwing weapons (not really including axes) are very heavy.

What I didnt vote for, but have ideas for:

Buff Bow: give them a faster reload time. Theyre cavs #1 enemy.

Buff xbow: give them better pierce to counter tincans a bit more.

And cav archers are going to need an enemy. They will soon dominate the field I believe. I was working on my anti-cav-archer build pre-patch and then you took from me my ammo and my loom speed on my courser. :( either way something needs to counter thoughs guys since they have an auto buff to mobility. Maybe slower reload on horse? 

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2011, 08:06:23 pm »
Buff thrown was the only option I ticked. Apart from that, every class seems balanced to me.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2011, 08:07:23 pm »
I am so fcking tired of the everlasting anticav whine it almost makes me wanna puke. The whine won't ever stop until cavalry is nerfed to the ground, pretty sad. Either remove cav from the game or just keep it the way it is atm with some slight changes to price/upkeep.

Other than that , i voted "buff armors". It doesn't affect any specific class and at the same times affects all classes, with the increased number of heirloomed weapons in the game and the growing population of STR builds i think it will make the game abit more interesting and fights abit more prolonged, imho.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 08:08:31 pm by Shogunate_Ujin »

Offline Ronan

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Phoenix Company
  • Game nicks: Ronan PxC
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2011, 08:10:52 pm »
+2
Cavalry needs to be balanced somehow, especially lancing. Their ability to get easy kills is sickening. Watching a few lancers pick off your WHOLE team is very demoralizing. Perhaps they shouldn't be able to one shot people with ease.

Also, the speed at some builds swing their weapons makes it nearly impossible to counter sometimes.

I started playing last month and cRPG is still a great mod overall. Keep up the good work, chadz.

sounds like cav is how it should be... Sounds realistic not to mention you could always brind a fucking PIKE!!! or maybe watch your back? huh? huh? what ya think?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 08:13:23 pm by Ronan »

Offline Momo

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Momo_
  • IRC nick: Momo
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2011, 08:13:27 pm »
I am so fcking tired of the everlasting anticav whine it almost makes me wanna puke. The whine won't ever stop until cavalry is nerfed to the ground, pretty sad. Either remove cav from the game or just keep it the way it is atm with some slight changes to price/upkeep.

Other than that , i voted "buff armors". It doesn't affect any specific class and at the same times affects all classes, with the increased number of heirloomed weapons in the game and the growing population of STR builds i think it will make the game abit more interesting and fights abit more prolonged, imho.

Nerf speed bonus, problem solved. In most cases people whine about cav because they get lanced to the face when the cav just walks with the horse and that's RETARDED!
I was the first one who started -1-ing everyone, now everyone does it to everyone.

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2011, 08:15:20 pm »

welcome to the 2h club ? lol

Offline Rhaelys

• Duke
  • Renown: 509
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Rhaelys_BlockLeft_of_Chaos
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2011, 08:15:37 pm »
Am I one of the only people who voted to change nothing?

Quote from: Uumdi
sweet of you guys to celebrate my birthday
wait you're talking about that devils lettuce arent you, god damnit
Quote from: Kreczor
yo you want to burn some sweet romaine tonight?
Quote from: Uumdi
yeah i smoke that dirty green shit fuck iceberg

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2011, 08:16:13 pm »
bla, bla, bla And cav archers are going to need an enemy. They will soon dominate the field I believe, bla, bla, bla

Horse/foot archers ALWAYS needed an enemy and they always had (at least) one. Only a dead archer is a good one. The only cool archers are those who are dead for some time now.  :wink:

P.S. no, i didn't vote on nerfing them. I didn't vote at all.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.