Author Topic: Unban request  (Read 3115 times)

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
Re: Unban request
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2014, 09:28:12 pm »
As a joe-bloggs strat player - I see feif transfers happening all the time within and between factions. At no point in time have I read or heard anywhere from anyone that they are looked down upon or illegal. Frankly I thought it was just part of strat - a workaround for a mechanic that doesn't exist.

Edit: fixed quote.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The main difference, is that in this case, I was clearly trying to take the fief. In this situation, the first attack on the village bought them a significant amount of time, enough to bring in another army, the ability to take gold out of the fief(or would have, if not for the 2nd attack), and the ability to maintain the defensive position (maintaining the fief).

Tydeus lets just face it you had a dummy spit because you didn't get your way at Bulugur and you made plenty of mistakes trying to do so.
If that were the cast, you wouldn't have been banned. I guess I need to repeat this, I did not ban you. That means it was decided by someone higher up, that this does constitute an illegal fief transfer, and therefore warrants action.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Dutchydave

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 178
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: LL_greatsage, Die_In_A_Fire, Dutchy, Halfcast, basic
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2014, 09:31:14 pm »
Leaving your 4 person faction to attack from another faction is just another poor excuse at trying to circumvent the rule.  If you had truly attacked that fief, there would have been an actual battle, with you know, rosters.  By not even killing the population, you only further incriminate yourself.  Also the fief transfer message on BOTH sides only makes it worse.

As I said I was legit in Kalmar for the last month and fief transfers between allied clans is not illegal. As for the battle for some reason half the pop died and the 75 troops in the village also died. Its either a bug or an admin had their hand in it not pointing any fingers in Tydeus direction.

Anyway murdertool keep dribbling on about integrity you fucking hypocrite

Offline Dutchydave

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2014, 09:32:47 pm »

The main difference, is that in this case, I was clearly trying to take the fief. In this situation, the first attack on the village bought them a significant amount of time, enough to bring in another army, the ability to take gold out of the fief(or would have, if not for the 2nd attack), and the ability to maintain the defensive position (maintaining the fief).
If that were the cast, you wouldn't have been banned. I guess I need to repeat this, I did not ban you. That means it was decided by someone higher up, that this does constitute an illegal fief transfer, and therefore warrants action.

So you are trying to say that it is illegal for an allied clan to attack a fief? Yeah someone higher up who has you and murder crying in their ear while not giving them all the facts.

As far as im concerned Tydeus your just a bad loser, your like a little kids who's mum didn't by him an icecream
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 09:38:06 pm by Dutchydave »

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2014, 09:37:40 pm »
Its either a bug or an admin had their hand in it not pointing any fingers in Tydeus direction.
Don't even start that shit. It has been stated before. The ONLY people who have the capabilities to even ATTEMPT to do this, would be cmp, harald, and chadz. None of them have any reason what-so-ever, to give a damn about this shit.

Again, you do not launch your browser from warband*, therefore it's impossible that I could have done anything remotely of the sort. You're grasping at straws. Just take your ban with some humility, and move on. Stop trying to bring the world down around you, simply because you can't have your way. There's no reason for you to even be bringing up anything relating to murdertron in this thread, yet you continue to do so.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 09:40:53 pm by Tydeus »

Offline Dutchydave

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2014, 09:43:02 pm »
Don't even start that shit. It has been stated before. The ONLY people who have the capabilities to even ATTEMPT to do this, would be cmp, harald, and chadz. None of them have any reason what-so-ever, to give a damn about this shit.

Again, you do not launch your browser from strategus, therefore it's impossible that I could have done anything remotely of the sort. You're grasping at straws. Just take your ban with some humility, and move on. Stop trying to bring the world down around you, simply because you can't have your way. There's no reason for you to even be bringing up anything relating to murdertron in this thread, yet you continue to do so.

LoL Murder is posting in this thread and falsely stating previous events, of coarse I have the right to bring him up are you retarded. Take a bullshit bann with humility? I was in Kalmar for the last month and that's a fact but your trying to twist it to say im in LL, yes allied to LL atm. As I said your just a sooky little kid who didn't get his icecream

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2014, 10:01:38 pm »
I don't think you understand. The issue is that you attacked the fief without the intent of going to war, and this attack ended up causing a delay(among several other things) in a player's ability to justly take the fief for his own. Under the circumstances, you cannot transfer a fief like that. That is what defines an illegal fief transfer. Maybe, MAYBE if you were actually neutral there might be a way to weasel your way out, but that's not the case, so there's no point thinking about it.

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2014, 10:12:53 pm »

LoL Murder is posting in this thread and falsely stating previous events, of coarse I have the right to bring him up are you retarded. Take a bullshit bann with humility? I was in Kalmar for the last month and that's a fact but your trying to twist it to say im in LL, yes allied to LL atm. As I said your just a sooky little kid who didn't get his icecream

I'll fite u irl meet me behind 7-11 at 3pm
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Dutchydave

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2014, 10:58:32 pm »
I don't think you understand. The issue is that you attacked the fief without the intent of going to war, and this attack ended up causing a delay(among several other things) in a player's ability to justly take the fief for his own. Under the circumstances, you cannot transfer a fief like that. That is what defines an illegal fief transfer. Maybe, MAYBE if you were actually neutral there might be a way to weasel your way out, but that's not the case, so there's no point thinking about it.

I totally understand goose. I was part of Kalmar Union for the last month. That's the whole point. Your a fucking little sook and had a cry to the devs and its a complete bs ban as the fact that I was in Kalmar makes it legit.

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2014, 11:39:39 pm »
I totally understand goose. I was part of Kalmar Union for the last month. That's the whole point. Your a fucking little sook and had a cry to the devs and its a complete bs ban as the fact that I was in Kalmar makes it legit.

You're.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2014, 02:12:21 am »
Fix strat and stop banning/kicking people that beat you at strat.

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline Rhalzo

• Duke
  • Renown: 599
  • Infamy: 48
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2014, 04:55:10 am »
Can you quit all of this bickering and actually talk like adults? I know you're each capable of it. Take the emotion out of it and just deal with what has happened and move on.

The weather is getting nice out, so go enjoy it.

Rhalzo's already in Chaos' cooler older brother clan, he's fine riding his motorcycle around in a leather jacket smoking cigarettes with GIRLS, our little treehouse isn't his speed anymore.

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2014, 05:05:42 am »
I'll fite u irl meet me behind 7-11 at 3pm

Damn murder, isnt this the second time you had to do IRL Battle?

Offline HappyPhantom

• Earl
  • Renown: 440
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew pew, your face!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul, Always Take the Shot.
  • Game nicks: HappyPhantom, Marys of the Sea, Ancient of Mu Mu.
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2014, 05:18:36 am »
Can you quit all of this bickering and actually talk like adults? I know you're each capable of it. Take the emotion out of it and just deal with what has happened and move on.

The weather is getting nice out, so go enjoy it.

Actually, it's heading into winter down South where men chunder.
"Darklands" - The greatest game you never played: now on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/327930 | http://www.darklands.net/index.shtml

Offline Rhalzo

• Duke
  • Renown: 599
  • Infamy: 48
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2014, 05:23:33 am »
Actually, it's heading into winter down South where men chunder.

Winter has nice weather as well. Being from Minnesota, I know this.

Rhalzo's already in Chaos' cooler older brother clan, he's fine riding his motorcycle around in a leather jacket smoking cigarettes with GIRLS, our little treehouse isn't his speed anymore.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2014, 07:20:27 am »
Strat is such a mess, any decision over banning people's cRPG accounts over breaking Strat rules always creates dramabomb shitshows that make people look biased or autistic one way or another.

Hell even when CMP has banned people before for stuff like fief transfers he ended up having to walk back on it because an EU admin was giving a biased version of events since it was his army in the area of a "pre-planned fief transfer" and everyone acted outraged. So this isn't just for trash-tier operators doing these things, it just about always looks bad. Especially since Strat is a buggy wild west wasteland.

I think ultimately Strategus is pretty good at self-moderating itself, because people who start using exploits/glitches is like being first to use WMD in a war, and everyone else ends up feeling justified using exploits/glitches against them later on.

Anyways, sucks for people who still try to manage clans and doing real crap in Strat, either you end up having to use exploits to get around interface issues, or use them to get an advantage, and it becomes hard to tell who is guilty of which, and admins end up being just as vested in their Strat crap as regular players, except admins are privvy to the admin IRC and board where they can Secretly Decide who to punish, for how long, without any real oversight or precedent.

Good Luck to great sage though, he's a consistent and active Strat player and the game will suffer if he's removed from it permanently.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.