Author Topic: A chaotic thing happened on the way to the castle(admin locked other?)  (Read 5098 times)

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
+6
Not even a complaint, just stating facts.  There is no validity to this strategus anymore, only fights.  I just prefer when people don't pretend their good fortune comes from their cunning, dedication and diplomacy when it really bugs or blatant cheating.

The implication being, in this thread, that we're somehow the ones whose "good fortune" is ill-begotten? I don't know where you're going with this and I don't know why you brought it up in the "Chaos vs FCC" thread. More power to you, I guess, perhaps it's something we have in common?

As for this "anymore" thing, what is this validity you speak of and when did it ever apply to any iteration of strategus?

I hate to ask another question, but seriously, why is it that nowadays it's always the faction's responsibility, the faction who takes them blame when a bug they can not control goes out of hand? Why is it that the people who complain the most about these kinds of issues can't see past the propaganda and realize that, whoa, maybe most of the things that the factions who do benefit from bugs have earned were things earned the hard way and that they are not solely coasting on what realistically does not make up a majority portion of their resources gained through player actions and even member-count. People do not try to exploit these issues nearly as much as certain members of the community like to try and point out. Whether they try to at all is even something one could debate. There's not even a right thing to do when there's no way to get the problems addressed or fixed by the powers that be, does that fact condemn the people who are victims of a chance circumstance?

I will agree with you on the "only fights" thing to an extent: the map has not and will never be fair, considering bugs or not. There's nothing truly impressive that comes about solely through the map. To dismiss the cunning and dedication people show and the diplomacy they engage in, however, as if they suddenly don't count because of something random that crops up that is unfair and not earned is plain blindness; it's a horrible way to treat the game and the people who are playing it with you.

All this you're saying sounds mighty suspicious, too, considering things like this:

so how about you address the elephant in the room that none of you have owned up to here: your plan (along with AoW) to kick Cikel out of your town and have him attacked so that you could get duped gear.

Short version: for Pete's sake, we're all in this together, stop taking stupid things like bugs personally. Nobody is out to ruin your day until you try to ruin theirs, alright? Be a good sport about things for once and maybe the favor will be returned.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
    • View Profile
+9
Kesh, you are so good at -1's that you can't even take a fucking joke. and you wonder why no one likes you....

Edit: I hereby nominate all of FCC (minus bale and gmnotutoo) for the biggest butthurt forum posting faction that if you say anything about they will immediately think it's an assault on their faction and relentlessly defend themselves with countless why you mad bro's and minus 1's to your replies.

That is all.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 04:24:22 pm by Brontosauce »

Offline Aderyn

• Earl
  • Renown: 365
  • Infamy: 243
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Aderyn
+6
When i'm bored i go around the threads i follow and + all the posts kesh - and - and the posts he +. Just to make him a nofactor. =)
Can't spell manslaughter without laughter.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
+4
Kesh, you are so good at -1's that you can't even take a fucking joke. and you wonder why no one likes you....

Edit: I hereby nominate all of FCC (minus bale and gmnotutoo) for the biggest butthurt forum posting faction that if you say anything about they will immediately think it's an assault on their faction and relentlessly defend themselves with countless why you mad bro's and minus 1's to your replies.

That is all.
Why you mad bro?

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
    • View Profile
+5
Why you mad bro?

I fucking called it, minus 1's from both you and Kesh and now this...you guys need some of this:

(click to show/hide)

Offline Matey

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
I fucking called it, minus 1's from both you and Kesh and now this...you guys need some of this:

(click to show/hide)
But mine was a classy joke D:

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
    • View Profile
+5
But mine was a classy joke D:

OH MY GOD! you guys are so dumb. You pointed out what i said, i pointed out what you said, then in an attempt to appear intelligent or seem like you're one step ahead you post this.

THUS proving my point you guys are always on the defense regardless of what is typed or said. I am giving up trolling you guys because you're too stupid.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
OH MY GOD! you guys are so dumb. You pointed out what i said, i pointed out what you said, then in an attempt to appear intelligent or seem like you're one step ahead you post this.

THUS proving my point you guys are always on the defense regardless of what is typed or said. I am giving up trolling you guys because you're too stupid.

Somebody's raging.  First forum battle goes to FCC - may it be a glorious fidlgb war!

Also, do you really not see the irony inherent in your recent posts?
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline DUKE DICKBUTT

• Baron
  • Renown: 138
  • Infamy: 119
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
+2
The implication being, in this thread, that we're somehow the ones whose "good fortune" is ill-begotten? I don't know where you're going with this and I don't know why you brought it up in the "Chaos vs FCC" thread. More power to you, I guess, perhaps it's something we have in common?

As for this "anymore" thing, what is this validity you speak of and when did it ever apply to any iteration of strategus?

I hate to ask another question, but seriously, why is it that nowadays it's always the faction's responsibility, the faction who takes them blame when a bug they can not control goes out of hand? Why is it that the people who complain the most about these kinds of issues can't see past the propaganda and realize that, whoa, maybe most of the things that the factions who do benefit from bugs have earned were things earned the hard way and that they are not solely coasting on what realistically does not make up a majority portion of their resources gained through player actions and even member-count. People do not try to exploit these issues nearly as much as certain members of the community like to try and point out. Whether they try to at all is even something one could debate. There's not even a right thing to do when there's no way to get the problems addressed or fixed by the powers that be, does that fact condemn the people who are victims of a chance circumstance?

I will agree with you on the "only fights" thing to an extent: the map has not and will never be fair, considering bugs or not. There's nothing truly impressive that comes about solely through the map. To dismiss the cunning and dedication people show and the diplomacy they engage in, however, as if they suddenly don't count because of something random that crops up that is unfair and not earned is plain blindness; it's a horrible way to treat the game and the people who are playing it with you.

All this you're saying sounds mighty suspicious, too, considering things like this:

It is not solely the responsibility of the faction for having duped gear.  It was (still is?) a random bug that seemingly randomly rears its ugly head.  Well you can report the bugs and hopefully do the responsible thing.  That is what Sandersson initially did when Cikel got the dupe bug.  He even asked the devs to take it away.  No one else even made a peep about receiving duped gear.  Now, I have no idea if that's still true with Sandersson/Funbutler.  Unfortunately, since the devs won't do anything about it at this point, the factions who received it should be transparent about having it.  Hell, two factions who have tons of duped gear probably should have shopped for eachother to go to war with.  It would be a beautiful thing.  My favorite thing about this thread is that everyone says FCC is a bunch of cheaters and that's what justifies them for using the duped gear, yet no one will admit they got it.  If I had received duped gear, I would have had plate armor/rondel dagger battles for that sweet sweet EXP and announced an event.

Now the second part, I had nothing to do with that.  Unfortunately, I was playing Arma 3 that week and the two parties involved did this on their own without consulting anyone but themselves.  Cikel is one of my best crpg buddies, I would have never let that fly.

Offline Matey

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
+2

You're being a mcasshole

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
    • View Profile
+2
Holy shit just don't type anymore kesh. The entire point of my posts was to be ironic and roll you into idiocy. I would say mission accomplished. I'm surprised you didn't get that on the first post or deduce it with your lawyer powers but your blind minus 1s are probably just auto now for my posts. Maybe your girlfriend should be reading and responding for you from one of y...her accounts. And yes matey I'm an asshole and I'm OK with that. I don't give a fuck.

Offline Blackzilla

• Earl
  • Renown: 451
  • Infamy: 108
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB(strat/crpg),Dracul(Friends)
  • Game nicks: Blackzilla_FIDLGB, Helios The Shiny
  • IRC nick: Blackzilla
+4
Holy shit just don't type anymore kesh. The entire point of my posts was to be ironic and roll you into idiocy. I would say mission accomplished. I'm surprised you didn't get that on the first post or deduce it with your lawyer powers but your blind minus 1s are probably just auto now for my posts. Maybe your girlfriend should be reading and responding for you from one of y...her accounts. And yes matey I'm an asshole and I'm OK with that. I don't give a fuck.
You're not an asshole, you're a dinosaur!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
+1
First forum battle goes to FCC - may it be a glorious fidlgb war!

Seems like somebody's ignoring all the responses to his own posts again.

My favorite thing about this thread is that everyone says FCC is a bunch of cheaters and that's what justifies them for using the duped gear, yet no one will admit they got it.

Okay, so you're either not paying attention, you are trying to troll us, or you are completely brainwashed into believing something that isn't true.

You just specifically mentioned this thread, accusing "everyone" of things that nobody in this thread has done: accuse FCC of being a bunch of cheaters. (barring Bronto's somewhat sarcastic implication made after you posted this statement)

And, again, the insinuation here is that Chaos has gotten the dupe bug and we aren't admitting it. We haven't, so kindly shut your albino chicken-hole about it here.

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
+2
If it matters I do not believe Chaos has gotten the gear gift... err bug.

Leader of BS

Offline DUKE DICKBUTT

• Baron
  • Renown: 138
  • Infamy: 119
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Seems like somebody's ignoring all the responses to his own posts again.

Okay, so you're either not paying attention, you are trying to troll us, or you are completely brainwashed into believing something that isn't true.

You just specifically mentioned this thread, accusing "everyone" of things that nobody in this thread has done: accuse FCC of being a bunch of cheaters. (barring Bronto's somewhat sarcastic implication made after you posted this statement)

And, again, the insinuation here is that Chaos has gotten the dupe bug and we aren't admitting it. We haven't, so kindly shut your albino chicken-hole about it here.

I never said Chaos had duped gear bug, but your sudden defensiveness is making me believe you have or a certain friendly faction is now giving duped gear and you're aware of it.  I threw out some very vague statements not aimed at anyone in particular to see who would respond.  Thanks.