Author Topic: How to fight crime.  (Read 7299 times)

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • Renown: 526
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SaulCanner
Re: How to fight crime.
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2013, 04:19:27 pm »
+2
One less scumbag. I'm normally pretty left leaning on most subjects, but if it comes down to deciding between personal property and a thief, just shoot the guy.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2013, 04:22:27 pm »
+1
After some scumbag kids stole my bicycle under the roof of my own car port, I've had zero sympathy for thieves, even less armed robbers. Anyone threatening a person's life with deadly force should be eliminated without remorse.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2013, 04:44:36 pm »
There's nothing "awesome" about something like this which is a fucking tragedy to begin with.

In my opinion one should really consider the bigger implications of devaluing human life before deciding on (what is once again in my opinion) such a crude definition of justice as this.

The cop did his job, but a hero? Not really.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2013, 04:57:40 pm »
+3
Nice murder. Dumb cop... seriously.

I smell a Gun debate, am i too late to join in?  My last gun debate lasted 20 pages.

yes armed robber committing a felony crime which had the means to harm all civilian life in the process, yep justified shooting.  Robber knew the consequences of bringing the handgun, and the cop had the means to stop him.  Textbook shooting, not murder, only person who calls this murder are hippy Yurops, please lets talk about the value of life of a piece of shit williing to deprive you of your life possibly over a fucking bike. 

Welcome to debating things with foreign countries, they all think scum of the earth need over 9,000 chances at life because maybe at one point they will redeem themselves and come back to the norm of society(doesnt happen).  Next theyll tell you he should have shot off warning shots in the busy city while the guy had a fucking gun, lol.  Im sure given how fierce the comments have already been someone will pull up Brazilian law, and law enforcement procedures to continue some bullshit rant about this scums valuable life. 
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 05:10:51 pm by AntiBlitz »

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2013, 07:40:31 pm »
I also find it funny that a policeman who is off duty, is allowed to wear his gun.
In this case it wasn't even his duty to interfere.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2013, 07:58:42 pm »
There's nothing "awesome" about something like this which is a fucking tragedy to begin with.

In my opinion one should really consider the bigger implications of devaluing human life before deciding on (what is once again in my opinion) such a crude definition of justice as this.

The cop did his job, but a hero? Not really.

I'm troubled here. I don't know whether I find your teenage naïvety cute or outright obnoxious. Typical Swedish left wing wannabe kid who claims injustice for the sake of voicing his opinion.

A worthless and harmful individual was removed from existence, there is absolutely nothing tragic about that. You may think so, living in luxury in your little bubble that is social welfare and security - but for the people that live in high crime rate areas, people like him are a plague. Do you think that was his first offense? That he was suddenly struck with an epiphany one day?
"Gee williker! I normally don't carry guns on me, but I've been wanting that flat screen TV for a while. Better go rob some poor fucker, fuck living an honest life!"
He was most likely already an unlawful citizen, only this time, retribution was close at hand.

You'll probably argue that he is not the root of the evil and therefore should be treated humanely, and you'd argue partly correct.
He is not the root of the issue, that I concede. Because, why would he? He's just some idiot with an already bleak outlook on life. If he didn't get killed by that cop, he'd probably still be dead within no more than 10 years unless he was lucky. The root of evil is many things and I doubt I could list them all without challenging your attention span, but the main issue here still isn't that the guy was given no consideration to his life, but that individuals like him are not discouraged enough to live a life of crime.

The off-duty police officer acted with quick and just judgment, I'm fairly positive that the majority of his fellow policemen agreed with the decision. Not only his peers but other people that are daily subjected to armed robbery, violence and similar vile acts would also feel inclined to be comforted by his deed.

A cancerous rat like him should be dealt with no mercy. At least until the cure for that cancer is discovered, but that will most likely not be within our lifetime. Until then, guys like him deserve no sympathy, for others may follow in his crime ridden endeavours.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2013, 08:07:31 pm »
I also find it funny that a policeman who is off duty, is allowed to wear his gun.
Why is this funny?

Also, calling someone who steps out of his car and shoots a thief without any warning (after he's put his gun away) a "hero" is pretty absurd.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2013, 08:08:14 pm »
I suppose a warning would have been nicer, and why two shots ?

Offline Miwiw

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2013, 08:11:24 pm »
Why is this funny?

Could replace that word with "dumb" or anything you like.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2013, 08:12:43 pm »
I personally prefer the cop doing that than doing nothing. Armed robbery is a dangerous habit.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2013, 08:13:17 pm »
Could replace that word with "dumb" or anything you like.
Replace it with dumb, then.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Miwiw

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2013, 08:14:13 pm »
In that video you saw nothing happen, so there was no reason to kill that guy. So I call it murder.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2013, 08:15:24 pm »
+1
He'a no hero by any means, for that his actions would have to be defying fear and drastically make an impact on every day life in a positive manner. That was just one scum bag eliminated. He'd be a hero if he killed some big kingpin off-duty. I'm pretty sure he acted from frustration and anger.

The robber had no idea there was a cop nearby, and the officer aptly used the element of surprise. If anything, he was cold and firm. The proper way to deal with criminals that endanger the lives of law abiding citizens.

Letting him go could potentially risk an innocent (innocent in the blind eyes of law, that is) person's life.

In that video you saw nothing happen, so there was no reason to kill that guy. So I call it murder.

And I call you dumb, because that's what you are.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2013, 08:17:03 pm »
You're jumping all over the place here. Whether this was murder or not has nothing to do with it being "dumb" or "funny" for a police officer to be carrying while off-duty.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2013, 08:19:17 pm »
+7
Again this is basically Brazil. Some deadbeat  South-American slumfilled country where people getting their limbs cut off and massacres is like a everyday thing. The criminals in that country dont give a crap. They go for the kill as much as the cops do.
Brazil has long stopped being a deadbeat country. Brazil is rich, but also one of most economically unequal countries in the world. Perhaps being raised in cabin of 10 square meters next to a 3 meter high wall which the goverment built to keep your dirty favela grown ass from interfering with the lives of people that have more money than they know how to spend, changes your morals a little when it comes to property. You having barely any social mobility, looking at a death in your early fifties, living a 100 meters from people whose offspring will get to go to a good school and live a long and affluent life.

Displayed here are classic western morals, where a life of affluence and equal economical opportunities make us view criminals as failures who chose a life of crime because they wanted to take the easy way. Obviously they deserve to die. Well guess what, in a large part of the world dealing with criminals or becoming a criminal is fairly inescapable or definitions of what is fair or just might change a little. The moral superiority of cops and officials compared to criminals becomes a little less clear when you have to pay both to be able to make a living. No longer abiding a law system that is thoroughly corrupt and enables the rich to get richer while keeping you to live and die in the gutter is a choice many of us would probably make when in similar circumstances. Criminality is not always a clear cut choice, sometimes it is just surviving.

Describing someone dying over a motorbike as awesome is horrible, laughing out loud because of it makes you none better than the guy who stole the bike. It is a tragic event, I do not judge the police agent for what he did, as the robber was armed, but it is hardly heroic or awesome.