Author Topic: Polls on Wooki, Lilith/Nuffen AND [ptx] - DISCUSSION  (Read 26210 times)

Offline IG_Saint

• Count
  • Renown: 196
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: IG
Re: Polls on Wooki and Lilith/Nuffen - DISCUSSION
« Reply #165 on: February 28, 2011, 04:57:28 pm »
Also random accusations that are not true are just random and silly, and have nothing to do with me being admin or not.

You still haven't answered my question as to why you found it neccessary to kick afk spectators on a server with less than 30 people on.

Screenie in case you don't remember:

Don't get me wrong, I don't care that I got kicked, I just find this kick to be way too power crazy. "what, afk for 15 minutes?! Not on my server!", that kind of attitude.

Offline Quirian

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Quirian_HRE
  • IRC nick: Quirian_HRE
« Reply #166 on: February 28, 2011, 04:59:00 pm »
If you don't care, then shut the fuck up... omg... he is admin, you are not. Thats the rules, if he kicks spectators, rejoin and stop crying like a six year old girlie who's barbie was stolen.

Yours sincerely
Quirian

Offline IG_Saint

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 28, 2011, 05:01:28 pm »
If you don't care, then shut the fuck up... omg... he is admin, you are not. Thats the rules, if he kicks spectators, rejoin and stop crying like a six year old girlie who's barbie was stolen.

Yours sincerely
Quirian

I don't care about the kick, but I do care about what rights admins have and whether or not lilith should keep his admin powers. Just to clarify, I think he does, I'm just of the opinion that he's a bit over zealous at times.

Offline Toffi

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Honoured Guard)
« Reply #168 on: February 28, 2011, 05:12:44 pm »
OMG OMG HE KICKED THE SPECTATORS!!!

Guys this thread is getting silly right now.

Why shouldn't the spectators get kicked? And even if they are kicked, and are spectating, just rejoin...

Offline Alex_C

• Knight
  • Renown: 30
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guard of Istiniar
  • Game nicks: IG_Earl_Alexander
  • IRC nick: ISPCA_Alexanger
« Reply #169 on: February 28, 2011, 05:16:54 pm »
Why shouldn't the spectators get kicked?

Because it's annoying and pointless.

Offline IG_Saint

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 28, 2011, 05:20:46 pm »
Why shouldn't the spectators get kicked? And even if they are kicked, and are spectating, just rejoin...

Because baseless kicks are exactly the sort of thing that got all the admin abuse crap started. Admins shouldn't kick someone without a good reason, same goes for bans.

Anyway this might all be moot anyway, since I read somewhere that the admins are working on a revised server rule list? I hope that will also include some boundaries for the admins as too when they can mute/kick/ban and when and if a map change is allowed.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #171 on: February 28, 2011, 05:55:45 pm »
Considering even a spectator degrades the server and lowers performance, I am all for kicking spectators if there are a lot of them and the map is having fps issues due to things like fog.

Also due to teamspeak I have seen dedicated spectators screw up a fight by blabbing about the enemy.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline nuffen

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Nuffen Fallen_Lilith Fallen_Little_Nuff
  • IRC nick: nuffen
« Reply #172 on: February 28, 2011, 05:57:44 pm »
Ah yes. I did kick 4 spectators yesterday, after observing em being there for over 30 minutes. I also admitted several times on the server that this was a mistake of me because I was not aware that people kept their multiplior if they vent to spectator mode. Everyone who asked me on the channel got that answer.
Im still sorry, and Ive promised to never do it again.

But I didnt do it of arrogance, but because I was told spectators was increasing the ping. After starting a discussion about it among the admins, I was informed that its not enough to be noticed.

This tho is not an example of an admin abuse, but of an admin doing an error, for which Ive apologised for.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #173 on: February 28, 2011, 06:08:32 pm »
Also random accusations that are not true are just random and silly, and have nothing to do with me being admin or not.

Sadly I don't have a screenshot of it, but I saw it and when I asked you about the kick you said "high ping". Of course, it's word against word, you're free to say it never happened.

Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline IG_Saint

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 28, 2011, 06:10:27 pm »
Ah yes. I did kick 4 spectators yesterday, after observing em being there for over 30 minutes. I also admitted several times on the server that this was a mistake of me because I was not aware that people kept their multiplior if they vent to spectator mode. Everyone who asked me on the channel got that answer.
Im still sorry, and Ive promised to never do it again.

But I didnt do it of arrogance, but because I was told spectators was increasing the ping. After starting a discussion about it among the admins, I was informed that its not enough to be noticed.

This tho is not an example of an admin abuse, but of an admin doing an error, for which Ive apologised for.

No worries, mistakes happen. Thanks for apologizing, that's all I wanted tbh. This thread is full of you defending yourself against unjust accusers and I just wanted to see how'd you react to a situation where you made the wrong call. And you handled it good. If you didn't already have it, you'd have my +1.

Offline nuffen

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 28, 2011, 06:12:14 pm »
Sadly I don't have a screenshot of it, but I saw it and when I asked you about the kick you said "high ping". Of course, it's word against word, you're free to say it never happened.
Yes, I have kicked some people with higher than 600 ping after theyve messed up on the battlefield. But never in the situation you described.

Offline AngryScotsman

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 28, 2011, 09:31:59 pm »
Yes, I have kicked some people with higher than 600 ping after theyve messed up on the battlefield. But never in the situation you described.

Bullshit. As if your memory is that good. You've already said that I was once kicked by you for polling someone on a roof top; which is completely wrong.

Evidence? None. Not surprised. Not one bit.

Offline The_Newer_Wind

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 28, 2011, 10:22:16 pm »
Personaly I do not see why lileth should be removed, I have never encountered any problems with her, nor did see anyone either. She is a good and kind person and does not abuse power. I have never seen Nuffen(oh, its her). Also, i almost always have high ping, and sometimes it causes the menu where the quit and other buttons get frozen and you can leave, I actually asked for a kick because I could not exit because of my high ping. I even remember when she was still starting out and not a admin.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 10:30:05 pm by The_Newer_Wind »

Offline nuffen

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 28, 2011, 11:19:08 pm »
Bullshit. As if your memory is that good.

Challenge accepted.

It got a river streaming like a L through a village. 1/3rd of the village is "under" the L, and theres a small bridge leading over to the major part. This bridge continues the gate that goes stright through the whole map and ends on the foot of some hills where the attackers usually come from.

From the attackers side, you'll see farmland on left side, while there is a building on the right side. This buildings roof goes nearly down to the ground, and is very easy to jump up on.
You were 4 alive people, he was only 1. He was on this roof, probably to make sure you wouldnt sneak up from behind. He was easy to see, and as mentioned, it was very easy to jump up on the roof. Thats where you abused your power and poll-kicked him, while he was not breaking any rules at all.

The incident with the ping that bruce refers to happened at the field by river map, after watching the guy "teleporting" around making it very hard for others to play, as he never was where you should expect him to be, I kicked him for destroying the game for the others. I gave him plenty of time to fix his ping.

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
« Reply #179 on: February 28, 2011, 11:30:14 pm »
I've not had issues with lilith for a long time, but there have been a few in the past. I've had 0 issues with wooki, even when he randomly changed the map here and there because that's the worst I've seen of him. Yet lilith has kicked sometimes or banned when it wasn't needed, I havent seen it recently I'll add but, its nothing vs something in my opinion.
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.