Author Topic: Polls on Wooki, Lilith/Nuffen AND [ptx] - DISCUSSION  (Read 26213 times)

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
Re: Polls on Wooki and Lilith/Nuffen - DISCUSSION
« Reply #105 on: February 27, 2011, 04:05:30 pm »
Of course, the ones who voice their opinions against it get muted as well. Happened on NA yesterday. I was muted by Gash, then someone asked "Does that make you feel powerful Gash?" And they got muted as well, easy as that.

Also, I wasn't the only one muted.

And now you banned someone, and others even cried "abuse".
reet, it was not gash who originally muted YOU, it was Gash who muted the troll after you, nor was gash the subject of the 'powerful' comment. But since what other people type is far less important to you then what you type, I understand how you could have missed that.

Why the fuck do you think anyone cares about your ban on NA when the thread is supposed to be about some eu admins?

Perhaps you should clutter less threads with your presence; some of us find you to be one of the less idiotic trolls but there is the whole familiarity breeds contempt thing.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline Leiknir

• Baron
  • Renown: 81
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen of Fenada / SeaRaiders
  • Game nicks: Leiknir
  • IRC nick: Leiknir
« Reply #106 on: February 27, 2011, 04:06:06 pm »
Whats wrong whit calling yourself SteamShip? Cause SS has more than one meaning you know...
Servers are located in Germany, German law is pretty butthurt concerning the past. And in the case of "SS_slakt" (=butchery,killing off, slaughter) I think he didn't mean a SteamShip. Would be a pretty ugly name for a nice Steamship.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ronrinesu

• Knight
  • Renown: 30
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
  • Insanity is as one percieves.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CPCP
  • Game nicks: Juliet
« Reply #107 on: February 27, 2011, 04:11:02 pm »
Servers are located in Germany, German law is pretty butthurt concerning the past. And in the case of "SS_slakt" (=butchery,killing off, slaughter) I think he didn't mean a SteamShip. Would be a pretty ugly name for a nice Steamship.

The EU servers, obviously. And Leiknir is correct. It is not seemly.
Blood is that which gives life, and that which takes it away. Treasure it as nothing more, nothing less.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #108 on: February 27, 2011, 04:20:24 pm »
Lilith is currently on a muting spree on EU1... Definitely not a good admin.

I am sorry but if there is a troll spree then there will be a muting spree.
Your behavior is rather lackluster, as you seem to be against every single Admin decision I have ever seen on this board for c-RPG.

It does not seem like you are anti-abuse so much as anti-admin.

Also, as Zisa said, would it kill you to stop self-glorifying yourself in eveyr thread when the thread is not about you? (You have enough fans to do that for you, surely you do not need to start talking about yourself everywhere, yes?)
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Toffi

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Honoured Guard)
« Reply #109 on: February 27, 2011, 06:39:20 pm »

Yeah.

Offline AngryScotsman

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 27, 2011, 06:57:21 pm »
Hello everyone. You might know me online as Juliet, or Shogunate_Chizuna.

I have friendly relations with Lilith/Nuffen, however that does not stop me from viewing the matter in a logical aspect.

I have no current relations with Wooki.

-

Many kicks have been made ingame by Lilith, which is a given. In -most- of the cases it were legit. People have harassed and trolled Lilith ingame for this. "Hunter_The_Honorable" for one.
I think it is despicable that people behave like the Admin's are tools, meant to please them. They are people with emotions and they try their best to do their job. There is no point in harassing them.
Human's make mistakes. Lilith, have made mistakes. I have made mistakes, and you make mistakes.
Thing is. To me it looks like Lilith actually cares to listen to complaints and explain what is going on, in most cases.
If I were an admin, I would not like to be harassed, unreasonably. There is no reason for such a hetz.
Lilith should not be stripped of admin powers, due to the fact that he is a fair, logical person, who doesn't abuse his powers, in any way.

-

I don't know much of Wooki, as I havn't seen him act much. I have heard of the ban from C-RPG of my clanmember, Georgia, but I have not seen it myself, as such I cannot vote either on him.

-

Lilith should stay. Admin's can improve if given the chance. Give Lilith the chance. He cares. Do you?

An admin that can't tell the difference between an intentional TK, an unintentional TK, or doesn't know when to give the benefit of doubt when it is due shouldn't be an admin.

An admin, that doesn't understand the concepts of burden of proof, standard of proof, and rule of law (yes, admins SHOULD have fucking evidence on every ban they dish out: power demands responsibility and "too much work" is a bullshit stock excuse for autocratic behaviour) should not be an admin.

An admin that can't rationalise a situation and kicks and bans on impulse, gut feeling and other irrational grounds without justification that is clearly reasoned and supported with EVIDENCE should not be an admin.

An admin that can't differentiate between blind application of the word of rules between decent application of the spirit of rules should not be an admin.

An admin that makes assumptions, and defends their own decisions by bringing themselves above rationality (I paraphrase "Admins don't need evidence"), placing value judgements over fact should not be an admin.

An admin, whose decisions are so wild, so irrational and so broad that it's clear he makes rules up on the fly should not be an admin.

And finally, an admin that laughs on IRC on the triviality of the whole process of votes against him, who shows an utter disregard for OTHERS feelings and who lacks the maturity to stop acting like a clown in a position of power and actually take his job seriously, should not be an admin.

You start your post by talking about logic and your entire post is an appeal to human emotion. How bloody ironic.

Offline IG_Saint

• Count
  • Renown: 196
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: IG
« Reply #111 on: February 27, 2011, 07:01:05 pm »
An admin that can't tell the difference between an intentional TK, an unintentional TK, or doesn't know when to give the benefit of doubt when it is due shouldn't be an admin.

An admin, that doesn't understand the concepts of burden of proof, standard of proof, and rule of law (yes, admins SHOULD have fucking evidence on every ban they dish out: power demands responsibility and "too much work" is a bullshit stock excuse for autocratic behaviour) should not be an admin.

An admin that can't rationalise a situation and kicks and bans on impulse, gut feeling and other irrational grounds without justification that is clearly reasoned and supported with EVIDENCE should not be an admin.

An admin that can't differentiate between blind application of the word of rules between decent application of the spirit of rules should not be an admin.

An admin that makes assumptions, and defends their own decisions by bringing themselves above rationality (I paraphrase "Admins don't need evidence"), placing value judgements over fact should not be an admin.

An admin, whose decisions are so wild, so irrational and so broad that it's clear he makes rules up on the fly should not be an admin.

And finally, an admin that laughs on IRC on the triviality of the whole process of votes against him, who shows an utter disregard for OTHERS feelings and who lacks the maturity to stop acting like a clown in a position of power and actually take his job seriously, should not be an admin.

You start your post by talking about logic and your entire post is an appeal to human emotion. How bloody ironic.

+1, especially the bolded part.

Offline Ronrinesu

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 27, 2011, 07:03:46 pm »

I wish to enlighten people to the fact that Lilith kicked you. You seem angry thereof, and this could be considered retaliation.
I was present when said action happended. Lilith kicked you, because you started a kick poll against a player, who weren't in a unaccessible spot. The kick on you was thus justified.

Yes, I speak of emotion. A thing many people take in disregard, when speaking to and of the admins.

It is not very kind, to abuse the poll system. Then, when you get a slap on the wrist for -your- wrong action, begin/join a hetz against said admin.

This post you have written, allthough elaborate with words, seems to me as a person, like a rage post.
If that is the case it would be the wrong forum to discuss it, as the action taken towards you was legit.
Blood is that which gives life, and that which takes it away. Treasure it as nothing more, nothing less.

Offline AngryScotsman

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 27, 2011, 07:07:22 pm »
Actually, you have completely mistaken me for someone else.

I was kicked, without warning, for 1 TK (unintentional) at the very end of the round with a clumsy stab from a pike. I then (intentionally) stabbed Ganon with the pike for a laugh. I then got a ban for daring the challenging the impenetrable wall of authority (read, abusive power) the admins have built up.

And this is the problem with this bloody forum. People not having the damn courtesy to get their facts right, or everyone breathing their opinions over everyone else without the proper knowledge and skills to justify it.

EDIT: One more thing, it is altogether irrelevant whether I am annoyed or not (ad hominem). To try and dismount someones argument like that is pure rhetoric.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 07:10:51 pm by AngryScotsman »

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 27, 2011, 07:09:26 pm »
by what i heard and read, both admins should loose their Powers.

Personnaly I never experienced these problems with Lilith or Wookie (well, nothing above some trolling, childish joking and not reasonable mapchanges in his case) though, so I won't participate on the vote.

Offline Ronrinesu

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 27, 2011, 07:09:37 pm »
Actually, you have completely mistaken me for someone else.

I was kicked for 1 TK (unintentional) at the very end of the round with a clumsy stab from a pike. I then (intentionally) stabbed Ganon with the pike for a laugh.

And this is the problem with this bloody forum. People not having the damn courtesy to get their facts right, or everyone breathing their opinions over everyone else without the proper knowledge and skills to justify it.

Pardon me. I remembered someone with the name Scotsman after a emotional feeling.
Perhaps it was on another of your characters. Or a friend of yours? I have perhaps made a wrong assumption. For that I apologize. Your name seemed extremely familiar.

Offline Longshaft

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Grimhildr
« Reply #116 on: February 27, 2011, 07:15:50 pm »
I think it turns lilith on to use her admin powers cos she uses it whenever it might SEEM plausible, for example me and a friend on ts where having a punching match and if anything I was the one who would have lost any health (worse armour) then she warns me no tk'ing, I say "but i didnt tk blabla" no response. Then next round we are punching again, having many lolz then she kicks me, and I was on a x4 :( I come back and ask why kick, Reply= Tk'ing. :/

She is strokin' a huge one for banning and kicking all the bitches she can, she also mutes me whenever anyone makes any point against her that makes sense, doesnt want the rest of the server to realise her flaws as an admin.

Offline AngryScotsman

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 27, 2011, 07:17:21 pm »
No that is me. But that wasn't the thing that caused me to be here, as I've never been kicked for polling the last man standing on roof.

The reason why I poll last men standing on roof tops? You'll love this one: because people(read, plural, i.e. not just me) get "annoyed" (read, emotional) when their time is being wasted by someone.

So I always poll the last man standing who is genuinely stringing out a round to get things moving because I take great offence to people who waste others time: actions speak thousands or words, and their actions state "my time is worth more than the other 99 people on the server".

But that's a complete tangent.

Offline AngryScotsman

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 27, 2011, 07:18:47 pm »
I think it turns lilith on to use her admin powers cos she uses it whenever it might SEEM plausible, for example me and a friend on ts where having a punching match and if anything I was the one who would have lost any health (worse armour) then she warns me no tk'ing, I say "but i didnt tk blabla" no response. Then next round we are punching again, having many lolz then she kicks me, and I was on a x4 :( I come back and ask why kick, Reply= Tk'ing. :/

She is strokin' a huge one for banning and kicking all the bitches she can, she also mutes me whenever anyone makes any point against her that makes sense, doesnt want the rest of the server to realise her flaws as an admin.

An excellent example of him making up rules on the spot. I don't suppose he recorded it, took screenshots and logged it like everyone with responsbility should? Of course not.

Offline Ronrinesu

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 27, 2011, 07:20:27 pm »
No that is me. But that wasn't the thing that caused me to be here, as I've never been kicked for polling the last man standing on roof.

The reason why I poll last men standing on roof tops? You'll love this one: because people(read, plural, i.e. not just me) get "annoyed" (read, emotional) when their time is being wasted by someone.

So I always poll the last man standing who is genuinely stringing out a round to get things moving because I take great offence to people who waste others time: actions speak thousands or words, and their actions state "my time is worth more than the other 99 people on the server".

But that's a complete tangent.

It looked very much like you got kicked for polling against him, which'd make sense.
He didn't draw out the round. It was easily accessible. He was alone against 5. It was a low building. Your poll was not justified.

I believe that was the reason you were kicked. I might be wrong on that one ofcourse, but I do think, that if that was the reason, it would be legit.