Author Topic: 0.3.3.9.1  (Read 46994 times)

Offline Noodlenrice

• Count
  • Renown: 280
  • Infamy: 44
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Black Bastards
  • Game nicks: Noodlenrice
Re: 0.3.3.9.1
« Reply #120 on: July 22, 2014, 11:19:02 am »
+2
Ranged tears are Noice

Offline Jeraz

• Baron
  • Renown: 86
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Woodland
« Reply #121 on: July 22, 2014, 12:44:09 pm »
+5
My opinion:

-I'm only going to talk about the archery part and not other ranged cause i have no knowlage on that field-

I feel that they have overdone it, clear and simple.
I'm a lvl 34 archer with a 18/24 build (6ps), but i feel like i'm playing a lvl 25 alt.
The wpf nerf is just way to much. I use light armor (ragged outfit) so i shouldn't be affected by the armorwpfReductionFix so it has all to do with the nerf.
I have a couple things i notice that dramasticly changed:

1: My crossair is not even close to the (small) size it previsouly could get to.
I read this complaint a few times in this thread but i tought they where exaggerating but it's a lot worst then i expected. Like i stated previsously this is the main reason i feel like i'm playing a lvl 25 alt.
Last week i tryed out a 10PD build on my STF and i can tell you that that build feels exectly the same as my main in sense of aiming. this was pre-nerf offcourse but the fact that a lvl 34 agi archer feels the same (now) as a lvl 30 STR archer (pre-nerf) is just plain wrong.

2: I can't move even a little while aiming.
I understand this is normal  but i cant even sidestep a little, when i do that i instantly get the biggest crossair possible. I can see why it should be less accurate but now its just blind shooting when i move even a little.

3: The time of my crossair being at his smallest is to short.
I also understand this nerf but they overdone it again. The first 30min of playing i constantly shot to late because i couldn't (still can't) believe how short the timewindow is for accurate shooting.
A big problem for me i noticed with this is that if i decide to shoot a different target half way while aiming i cant, the second i turn to the other target my aim has already gone back to being a random shot, so i'm forced to stay on 1 target while aiming.
Also my timming has to be spot on, normaly i could shoot cav while they charged me, preventing them from stabbing/slashing me but of the 5 times i tryed hitting a charging cav, i only succeded once (pre patch i could it 90% of the time).

I do have to say that i understand the nerfs, the idea behind it is fine in my opinion but they just overdone it. To much WPF loss, To much penallty for moving.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
« Reply #122 on: July 22, 2014, 12:53:20 pm »
+2
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

get rekt.

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A friendly archer decorating your ass with arrows
    • View Profile
    • Gab.ai. Freedom of Speech matters.
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: None that you need to know of - except Hirlok the Hermit.
« Reply #123 on: July 22, 2014, 12:55:41 pm »
+1
To be honest 10 PDPS is ridiculous and shouldt have been working at any point.

Fixed this for you.

Besides: looks like high WPF builds have been hit hardest, no matter what PD (my 18/24 - going for 18/27 that used to be good - feels like an arrow-spraycan now). Draw speed and hold time have been fucked as well, not just overall accuracy.
What do we learn from this? While any melee build can uppppp their WPF until they swing faster than the eye can see, archers are supposed to be ineffective decorative elements of the battlefield.

P.S.: I think this is the first ever patch note to get a minus from me, incl. all previous archery nerfs. Not that anyone will care, but still.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 12:59:15 pm by Hirlok »
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...

Offline Perverz

• Earl
  • Renown: 381
  • Infamy: 180
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Barabe_Perverz
« Reply #124 on: July 22, 2014, 01:10:03 pm »
+2
tydeus  stop destroying mod!!!!!
BARABE:
those without the necessary properties of good in human society, coarse, vulgar and violent man, scumbags

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
« Reply #125 on: July 22, 2014, 02:11:31 pm »

All of the things you mentioned sound good to me. I don't currently have an archer alt so I can't test the new update with other than my horse archer which is still just fine with that 18/24 build you're using. As a horse archer I have even less wpf than you due to HA malus and still the accuracy seems okayish, even though it's worse than it was. I would say give it a week or so to see if it affects you that much or can you and the other archers adapt.

Horse archery is still too strong though.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 22, 2014, 02:21:13 pm »
+1
And still no respec not even a partial one?

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 22, 2014, 02:23:26 pm »

Offline Mendro

• Count
  • Renown: 236
  • Infamy: 53
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
« Reply #128 on: July 22, 2014, 02:45:35 pm »
+2
Thanks to trying to balance throwers with the problem of 5 PT build doing same damage as hight PT build. Sadly I think you made agi build too much useless now. I'm saying this cause even with 10 pt I need 3 jarids to kill a medium armor player / CAV (Not cause of this patch, it's since the throwing patch). So I can't imagine how painful this is now for 5-6 PT build.
I'm waiting feedbacks from agi thrower like fin.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 02:51:21 pm by Mendro »

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 22, 2014, 02:53:17 pm »
throwing lance nerf was a real peach. prior to throwing lance nerf, i had great fun with it. it was a kinda of a gimped build because only 1 lance per slot. the fun and unique part of the throwing lance was the damage. but they nerfed it. they took away the unique part  :lol: i guess they didnt like the fact that players in peesant gear kill highlevels just by throwing lances into the huge clusters of enemy non-shielders.

yup, throwing is ruined and has been for a long time. because guys like mendro, fin and others (prolly) still do well is because they are highlevel and/or friends with devs, or simply not using throwing lances. throwing lance was a niche. it isnt anymore. not big difference between TL and HTA. there is a tiny difference, but throwing lance is just so bigger tier  :lol:

Offline War_Ferret

• Count
  • Renown: 182
  • Infamy: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 22, 2014, 03:40:37 pm »
+1
You were playing with a broken build or a bug, you should have never been that accurate in the first place. It is only just that it would be fixed.

Ranged tears are so delicious, makes a change from the normal melee tears
To be honest 10 PD is ridiculous and shouldt have been working at any point.
There you go.

Have you tried a 30/17 longbow build or how do you know it was OP? Trust me, it wasn't. I don't know of anyone else using that kind of build either, that's how OP it was... In archery duels it's way too slow and the damage isn't nearly as high as you would expect. One-shot kills on ppl with no armor is as good as it gets. Wouldn't be surprised if wpf actually does more for you damage-(and speed-)wise - fucked up system...
Anyway, 10 PD is the hard limit for yumi/rus/long bow and if there's no way to aim with it even for a split second, it shouldn't even be available, or come with a warning or something. The least you can expect now is a free respec on PD. Don't think 6WM at 34 will do the trick.

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 22, 2014, 03:58:20 pm »
what trick? pinpoint accuracy?  :lol:

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #132 on: July 22, 2014, 03:58:50 pm »
Can people with <=5 PD/high WM confirm if they have much worse accuracy than before?

Old PD penalty from 1-13 PD:
12.5000   25.7500   38.6250   50.9375   62.4063   72.6094   80.9141   86.3711   87.5566   82.3350   67.5024   38.2537         0

Current penalty now:
 0         0    4.5396   17.6785   30.5160   42.9466   54.8278   65.9676   76.1063   84.8934   91.8561   96.3558   97.5303

Most bows received an accuracy boost of 2, which is around 26 extra wpf from what I know. As long as you're not wearing too much armor, it confuses my how the wpf is getting shafted so much for some players. I think it'd be good to get back to a comfortable accuracy level without making any specific build too OP.

Asked about respecs, and it seems unlikely unless it's all or nothing.

@Sniger
TLs were too underpowered at 4 ammo. 46 dmg x 4 -> 35 damage x 6 offered bettter practical use. It'll also take another full set of +3 throwing daggers to match the full damage potential of HTAs and half of another stack for jarids.

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 22, 2014, 04:00:04 pm »
san i had i think 8 PT at the time (1 more than TL required) it was really good and effective and i felt that this was the proper build for throwing lance. finally i figured it out. but then NERF-HAMMER.

edit: underpowered you say  :lol: :lol: :lol:

i didnt feel underpowered at all. i do now with a TL. i feel its waste of points. before i could kill horses with TL. not anymore. now its just like any other throwing wep. also... 6 bloody lances?! how to carry all of them?! throwing lances is... throwing lances

http://www.camulod.com/node/37

this is not really the proper thread to discuss this anyway... sorry for sidetrack
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 04:11:15 pm by Sniger »

Offline War_Ferret

• Count
  • Renown: 182
  • Infamy: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 22, 2014, 04:02:43 pm »
+1
what trick? pinpoint accuracy?  :lol:
Getting a chance to immediately release a fricking arrow BEFORE the crosshair has spread across half the screen, that trick  :rolleyes: