Author Topic: Teeth's maps  (Read 7415 times)

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
Re: Teeth's maps
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2013, 06:24:35 pm »
An easy way to find the correct scene is picking a random scene, recognizing it, finding its name, and then counting the amount of maps from the map to its name.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Viriathus

• Count
  • Renown: 273
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player
  • !TI SLLIW DOG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusader_Alliance
  • Game nicks: Templar_Viriathus
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2013, 07:57:33 pm »
Doesnt those Valley Rocks generate a lot of bad frame rate?

I dont get it, what makes the frame rate drop any way besides torches and smoke.

Offline Fips

• Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2013, 08:29:46 pm »
+1

I dont get it, what makes the frame rate drop any way besides torches and smoke.

Simply way too many useless props can cause that, too.

Anyway, i've took a look at your beta-map, teeth, noticed some things (Looks epic, though!):
- doors in the keep facing the wrong way
- gate is placed wrong in the keep (Just lower it)
- floating stairs at the bridge, also if you walk towards the marketplace from the bridge you can see through the stairs on the ground
- barracks: you can just simply walk up to flag like 10m on the right side of the gates, not sure if that's intended? (Over the rocks next to that house)
- gatehouse near the harbour: if you look from the gates to the barracks, flying stairs
- harbour: same thing as barracks: you can walk from the spawn at the docks to the left (where that round tower is) straight to the harbour-flag
- grass everywhere! I don't know if you intended that, but there is a lot of grass sticking out of stone-ish things. Just use path-texture where you want it removed (If you want to at all)
- no gates/doors at the marketplace? Kinda makes the backladders obsolete imo. At least i would just push through the front, since there is not much you gain when you walk over the backladders, other than falling down and kill yourself xD

Also, the crane you build with ladders, bathtubs and stuff is fucking great!

I'll get back to you if i notice anything else.

Offline Teeth

• Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2013, 09:28:52 pm »
Yes, as do all objects, some more than others. I kept the amount of valley rocks to a bearable visual minimum, but I can't get around using them to cover up those horrible stretched textures which steep slopes get you. I added in some detail work and removed some rocks compared to the screens and I think the map should not be too bad performance wise.

Also, the crane you build with ladders, bathtubs and stuff is fucking great!
I have to say that Ozin or Jacko, whoever made the sandy port siege beta map, created an improvised crane. It looked so awesome I couldn't stop myself from making one, no port looks complete without it. Mine has a different design of course.

- no gates/doors at the marketplace? Kinda makes the backladders obsolete imo. At least i would just push through the front, since there is not much you gain when you walk over the backladders, other than falling down and kill yourself xD
The attacker spawns are a bit further away from that capture point than the other ones, so I think doors would be a bit too much, especially those that ranged and pokers can effectively lock down for a long time. From what I have seen from Himmelsberg Monastery, which has the same door way, such a spot can be quite hard to attack, especially with the current stake spam. I made the back route jump a lot easier and if people spawn at the Harbour they can get there pretty quick, so I doubt it is useless.

I will be watching that point closely though when it gets played and I'll balance accordingly.

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated. Will take a look at the things you mentioned right now.

New version up with some slight fixing.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 10:53:03 pm by Teeth »

Offline Fips

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2013, 10:55:42 pm »
Usually some smoothing solves the stretched mountains quite nicely (If you don't overdo the steepness, ofc). Just go in there and use smooth with little roughness until it looks "okay"; don't expect miracles there. So yeah, the rocks are a good solution, although depending on the map, definitely not needed. Yours does, though  :D

Well yeah, i was just thinking about some double-doors, destroy one and you're in. Big ones, so the you can still use the place.
Anyway, you're probably right to wait until tested on the server.

Offline Viriathus

• Count
  • Renown: 273
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player
  • !TI SLLIW DOG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusader_Alliance
  • Game nicks: Templar_Viriathus
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2013, 11:54:08 pm »
Yes, as do all objects, some more than others. I kept the amount of valley rocks to a bearable visual minimum, but I can't get around using them to cover up those horrible stretched textures which steep slopes get you. I added in some detail work and removed some rocks compared to the screens and I think the map should not be too bad performance wise.

So you did that by intuition, ok.

Offline bagge

• King
  • Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2013, 02:10:10 am »
YOUR NEW MAP SUCKS
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline Teeth

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2013, 02:14:56 pm »
If you are talking about Lakeside Abbey, then yes, but only because one team spawns in the center of the map at a superior position, something for which I released a fixed version two weeks a go. Blame Jacko.

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 142
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Always wear more armor than the guy next to you."
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarold
« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2013, 12:15:56 am »
I think you need to fix lakeside abbey, people can walk inside the church building.

Offline Teeth

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2013, 11:12:41 am »
Huh that's new, played it half a dozen times but never noticed this. Is like the entire building a ghost?

Offline Lennu

• Marshall
  • Renown: 774
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lennu
  • IRC nick: Lennu_
« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2013, 09:46:05 am »
If you are talking about Lakeside Abbey, then yes, but only because one team spawns in the center of the map at a superior position, something for which I released a fixed version two weeks a go. Blame Jacko.

Now you can get it done yourself. So do it, or I WILL be under your bed one night.

Offline Nordwolf

• Earl
  • Renown: 492
  • Infamy: 46
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Nordwolf, 4 other Nordwolfs, Wolf_in_the_Van Victory, Earngrim, Core, Farewell, Akaio_BlackSpear +**
« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2013, 01:53:13 pm »
I'm sorry but you failed to bugtest your own siege map ^^
Some wooden stairs and a cart are destructable and after first round most of the ways to walls are bloken. Lol :D

Or maybe in this troll map that's intended xD

Offline Fips

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 31, 2013, 02:14:06 pm »
Testing destructive stuff is not really possible in the host game mode, because you only get fists ._.
Probably used a mp or crpg-prop, they can be bugged in some modes.

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #58 on: July 31, 2013, 04:38:10 pm »
Testing destructive stuff is not really possible in the host game mode, because you only get fists ._.
Probably used a mp or crpg-prop, they can be bugged in some modes.

I generally use like Castle_F_Door A or B or something like that.

I think in the HOST mode even though you have fists so you can't hurt the door, it will have a healthbar when you look at it if it is destructable. 
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline Nordwolf

• Earl
  • Renown: 492
  • Infamy: 46
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Nordwolf, 4 other Nordwolfs, Wolf_in_the_Van Victory, Earngrim, Core, Farewell, Akaio_BlackSpear +**
« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2013, 07:18:32 pm »
BTW Teeth you said you couldn't do normal screens with edit mode, you can, just press H :)
(removes all GUI and visual glitches, just don't hover over object at that time)