Author Topic: Strategus drama Penios  (Read 6900 times)

Offline Osakasa

• Baron
  • Renown: 101
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Osa|Kasa|la
Re: Strategus drama Penios
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2014, 03:20:20 pm »
+4
Sounds really gay... why this cav guy didn't def flags when they were all captured? There should be timer when all flags are down, team has x min(s) time to get one back otherwise fief/castle is captured

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2014, 03:20:29 pm »
OMG, one of the funniest posts in a while!
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2014, 03:22:57 pm »
+6
Never played strategus, but riding a sumpter horse alone, for 13 min sounds like a very weak move... Personally, i don't like running away from a fight, i rarely resort to this "tactic" even if i have a ranged weapon.
How annoying it must be to chase a lonely sumpter horse for 13 min :D On the other hand, if there are no rules regarding this situation - I guess one have to take some ranged weapons into battle, like a hunting crossbow. I don't know how it works in Strategus, so I might sound ignorant.
  Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2014, 03:23:54 pm »
+2
i wonder how 100 man footarmy can catch a pony? O_o why even try?

The pony was carrying 20 crates, I guess that's the reason he caught him on the map. For some reason crates don't spawn on the actual battle allowing him to abuse the game mechanics and run away. I'm sure Panos would have been happy just taking the crates and letting the enemy run irl...

Clearly not a valid tactic imo.

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2014, 03:25:01 pm »
+1
I'm sorry that somebody was riding swaybacked sumpter. Sounds totally immortal. Lack of teamwork, lack of ranged weapons and lack of horses and lack of tactics made them lose. If it was real battle the horseman would just escape, no big deal for him but here he is locked in a square and his job is to survive till the timer is at 0:00.

Never played strategus, but riding a sumpter horse alone, for 13 min sounds like a very weak move... Personally, i don't like running away from a fight, i rarely resort to this "tactic" even if i have a ranged weapon.
How annoying it must be to chase a lonely sumpter horse for 13 min :D On the other hand, if there are no rules regarding this situation - I guess one have to take some ranged weapons into battle, like a hunting crossbow. I don't know how it works in Strategus, so I might sound ignorant.
^

Skyrim UI

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2014, 03:25:45 pm »
+5
Lol, why this even has to be discussed. You delayed and got kicked for it, end of story.

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2014, 03:26:28 pm »
+1
Sorry, missed the fact it was a field battle.
and another example, if we had only 1 guy and he was well armoured and the enemy didn't have weapons and therefore they wouldn't be able to hit him with anything else than fists. Would you call that delaying? Would it be fine or would you kick the armoured guy?
I wouldn't kick him, because in that situation he would kill all the attackers and win the battle.

In this case the attacker didn't have the weapon to overcome our defense which was speed and brain... Panos didn't equip himself with ranged weapons and it's his fault.
Well I can kinda agree that in some conditions the defenders should be able to retreat saving some troops and equipment but also losing a fair amount. But in no way should the defenders win by delaying after their flags are captured.

Offline serr

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 293
  • Infamy: 19
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wataga
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2014, 03:26:31 pm »
+2
You know, if you survived till the timer is at 0:00 you would still have to kill all attackers to win...

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2014, 03:27:25 pm »
Lol, why this even has to be discussed. You delayed and got kicked for it, end of story.
It wasn't me and how can a defender delay when he can win. Delaying is prolonging battle when you can't win. It was a leggo tactic in this case. We used it that Panos didn't equip himself with ranged weapons, cav or any sort of teamwork...

You know, if you survived till the timer is at 0:00 you would still have to kill all attackers to win...

If the server says that the attacking army is retreating I think that the defenders win no matter what, don't they.

Skyrim UI

Offline serr

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 293
  • Infamy: 19
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wataga
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2014, 03:29:22 pm »
+7
It wasn't me and how can a defender delay when he can win. Delaying is prolonging battle when you can't win. It was a leggo tactic in this case. We used it that Panos didn't equip himself with ranged weapons, cav or any sort of teamwork...

But you couldn't win this. Surviving till the end of timer is not win, you would win only if all attackers quitted battle and that is obviously delaying.

If the server says that the attacking army is retreating I think that the defenders win no matter what, don't they
No, they don't. It mean only that attackers stop spawning. They still can kill defenders and win battle.

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2014, 03:30:46 pm »
even a noob like me could forsee this  :lol:  if theres no rules about this, why even try attack some pony when i have no proper weapons or tactic to take it out?  :lol: its like chess, im not gonna check the king with my queen if the king can just go one step back and avoid the check, then my move is completely waste and frankly retarded

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2014, 03:30:49 pm »
But you couldn't win this. Surviving till the end of timer is not win, you would win only if all attackers quitted battle and that is obviously delaying.
I think the battle would be won by Andswaru but with 0 troops left and that'd be it.

Also after the battle is won by the defenders it's attackers who are delaying :P

In previous strats attackers were even kicked (like steevee mentioned, lack of ladders aka lack of tools to kill in this case lack of ranged, cav, teamwork)

Skyrim UI

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • Renown: 613
  • Infamy: 128
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Steevee, Templar_catchArabbit, Gangtroll
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2014, 03:32:37 pm »
+4
In strat delaying starts when time runs up
Yes, but he were kicked before time ends.

That was a battle for fun probably to tease Panos (and it works  :mrgreen:), but if an admin is making a bad decision is not good.
Archer forever :D

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2014, 03:36:26 pm »
+4
That was a battle for fun probably to tease Panos (and it works  :mrgreen:), but if an admin is making a bad decision is not good.

He can't win (-2 sumpter can't bump) so why waste half an hour of everyone's time? Clearly delaying imo and kick was justified. I agree with Osakasa that there should be a timer that starts when attacker captures the flags to avoid this "tactic".

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2014, 03:39:56 pm »
+7
Andswaru couldn't win but the other team couldn't win too.

Would you attack a cav on foot - shouldn't the cav rather be free to escape? That'd be fair.

Battle automatically ends because attackers do not have horses nor ranged weapons but the enemy team got a team fully equipped with horses so defender automatically wins. attackers do not lose gear, defender doesn't as well and is free to go.

That is how it should work. The same if a team attacks a castle and got no siege gear, then the defenders should also win.

Maybe trade goods should be left behind though.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me