Author Topic: WPP Sum and Cost Formula Rework(Includes WM)  (Read 49392 times)

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
Re: WPP Sum and Cost Formula Rework(Includes WM)
« Reply #420 on: November 14, 2013, 03:52:24 pm »
+1
Tydeus, can we possibly have 8 Strength refunded instead of 6?  :mrgreen:

At higher levels (33, 34, 35), 6 might not be enough to adjust to a new build that the user might prefer....

Can't hurt to ask, right?

This.  Just reached lvl 34 recently before all this nonsense, and built a full str character for strat, and 6 won't really help much ^^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

willy wheels, owl wheels, bogey wheels, hot wheels, mag wheels, billy cursey, mary the dyke from across the road, john the black bloke, what about stamps? teddy i shit meself, fleming house, greggers, pop-inn, don't woory - 50, i mog ka musik, t

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #421 on: November 14, 2013, 03:54:22 pm »
it was created to be beneficial for all sorts of splits that a person could do. So a 3:1 melee/melee, and 1:1 melee/melee, a triple melee hybrid, 2 melee +1 ranged, etc.

You make me love you again  :D
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #422 on: November 14, 2013, 03:56:55 pm »
+2
You make me love you again  :D
I do what I can :D

I used to have a triple hybrid character myself, it's one of my favorite builds.

Oh, and on a side note, alt modes for 2hers should actually be used with this change and the stat buffs they're getting.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #423 on: November 14, 2013, 03:59:12 pm »

I used to have a triple hybrid character myself, it's one of my favorite builds.

Oh, and on a side note, alt modes for 2hers should actually be used with this change and the stat buffs they're getting.
with 2h wpf?

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #424 on: November 14, 2013, 04:30:10 pm »
with 2h wpf?
Not so important any more since you will have some pole wpf just from putting it into 2her.

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #425 on: November 14, 2013, 04:40:57 pm »
+4

This is actually a massive nerf to the servers full of +3 Longsword wielders. They will be so paralyzed by the decision between ultra long range spinning lolstabs, and high damage pointe-blank instastabs, that they will just get killed while they stand there mashing X with crippling indecision.

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • Renown: 281
  • Infamy: 107
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Konrax of Chaos
« Reply #426 on: November 14, 2013, 04:59:04 pm »
Not fair really to even give a respec.

I saw this coming too and went agility focused, strength builds wanted to abuse game mechanics and should continue to sleep in the beds they made.

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #427 on: November 14, 2013, 05:08:46 pm »
+2
Not fair really to even give a respec.

I saw this coming too and went agility focused, strength builds wanted to abuse game mechanics and should continue to sleep in the beds they made.

Well, some of us aren't super strength builds necessarily but 6 or more STR return would still be good.

For instance, I used to be 18/21, then I went 21/21 as I got higher level, but in the days of strength was unable to do much dmg to crutchers, so I went 27/15 - rather reluctantly mind you.  Now I am lvl 34, 28/15 (last point in Strength made more sense than putting it into Agi at the time).
I would prefer to go 21/21 now, but with 6 STR returned I will still have 22 strength.  If not, I will just go 24/18 but I would prefer 21/21.

Many other higher level players will be in the same situation even if they arent 40/3.   Super strength crutches will still be stuck with their decision whether 6 or 8 STR is returned.....giving back a bit more strength will help people who adjusted slightly for the age-long era of strength as a necessity but whom couldn't abandon agility completely out of personal convictions ;)
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #428 on: November 14, 2013, 05:10:46 pm »
+2
This is actually a massive nerf to the servers full of +3 Longsword wielders. They will be so paralyzed by the decision between ultra long range spinning lolstabs, and high damage pointe-blank instastabs, that they will just get killed while they stand there mashing X with crippling indecision.

Phew, anytime you wanna borrow my +3 Longsword I'll put it in the armoury for you - I can tell you are jelly.
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline HUtH

• Baron
  • Renown: 94
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: November 14, 2013, 05:20:43 pm »
+1
Putting wpf into any melee type will grant bonus wpf to the other melee proficiencies.
This is awesome, finally 1/2h weapons might be just enough useful to be named 1/2, and not just a heavy metal stick while holding shield.
Sorry
for
my
terrible
English

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #430 on: November 14, 2013, 05:55:32 pm »
+1
Phew, anytime you wanna borrow my +3 Longsword I'll put it in the armoury for you - I can tell you are jelly.

Naw man, Tydeus shared the gift of lolstab with 1h, so I don't feel left out anymore.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #431 on: November 14, 2013, 06:10:19 pm »

My guess is that some might try to switch modes, realize it sucks, and then go back to 2hand lolstabbing all the time. Polestab just cant compare to 2hand animations range-wise with such a short weapon.

However, instead of being a "huge nerf" I can see it being a buff to anyone who gets the hang of switching. It would be real useful in tight spaces. Granted, 2handers already swing through walls like a lightsaber, but let's say one finds themselves cramped in a tight corridor... well now they can just switch to polearm mode and have point blank stabbing capabilities.

We can only hope they get severely nerfed in 2hand mode if polearm mode is getting a buff. It is long overdue, anyways.

(click to show/hide)

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #432 on: November 14, 2013, 06:37:59 pm »

Curses. Now I won't be the only one using the secondary mode anymore :(

What stat buffs, btw? Even more stab damage would be retarded, so I'm assuming more cut/speed?

Also: With the "get secondary melee wpf for free when you take melee wpf", how useful will it still be to still take secondary melee wpf directly?
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #433 on: November 14, 2013, 06:41:39 pm »
This sounds like a big crazy-cool patch coming out.

Sounds like a wpf buff, half-swording buff, rondel nerf, a bit of a hybrid buff too.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #434 on: November 14, 2013, 06:43:17 pm »
Curses. Now I won't be the only one using the secondary mode anymore :(

What stat buffs, btw? Even more stab damage would be retarded, so I'm assuming more cut/speed?

Also: With the "get secondary melee wpf for free when you take melee wpf", how useful will it still be to still take secondary melee wpf directly?
It will be a necessity if you are really interested in actually using the other proficiencies. It's just something to incentivize and make easier those types of hybrid builds.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 06:47:54 pm by Tydeus »
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character