Author Topic: cav: especially LoLlancers  (Read 7037 times)

Offline PhantomZero

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm going to need you playing at 6AM on Saturday..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BIRD CLAN
  • Game nicks: POSTMASTER_PHANTOM0_OF_BIRD
  • IRC nick: PhantomZero
Re: cav: especially LoLlancers
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2011, 07:06:42 pm »
It only applies if you spawn with it. If you have it and try to get on a horse, it will drop.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2011, 07:07:42 pm »
Gotcha, well I was looking on the in game equip screen, more fool me.

Then I suspect that this is where the bug comes into play, as the website knows, and the game mechanics know (hence it de-equipping it when you mount) yet the equp screen does not know (hence why you can spawn with it).

Fascinating.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2011, 07:28:05 pm »
lances should get crushthru. makes no sense some peasant can downblock while a horse going 35mph stabs at him

Offline Nasturtium

• Count
  • Renown: 203
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2011, 07:30:10 pm »
I am going to have to disagree with you there matey.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2011, 07:32:20 pm »
I am going to have to disagree with you there matey.

clearly you failed physics class

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2011, 07:37:02 pm »
lances should get crushthru. makes no sense some peasant can downblock while a horse going 35mph stabs at him

Then infantry should get double-tapped movements.  Makes no sense that a person with a pair of working legs doesn't leap out of the way of the horse instead of slowly walking.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline PhantomZero

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm going to need you playing at 6AM on Saturday..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BIRD CLAN
  • Game nicks: POSTMASTER_PHANTOM0_OF_BIRD
  • IRC nick: PhantomZero
« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2011, 07:40:14 pm »
then horses should be faster, Makes no sense that a trained warhorse the size of a mack truck can barely run someone with 3 athletics down.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Nasturtium

• Count
  • Renown: 203
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2011, 07:40:25 pm »
clearly you failed physics class

Awww, we can't disagree without you insulting me? Shucks. Well at great risk to my now shattered self esteem I will hazard to expound on my argument.

My two favorite classes to play are cav and pike, I have been at both sides of the pointy stick, the balance is fine. If you watch some of the better cav like panderson, huey newton, or rohypnol you can see that more than 3/4 of the kills come from ultra fast coursers stabbing someone for behind before they can react.  Good cav goes into the 20+ kills per map almost every time, there is no need for crushthrough boosting that even more, as most cav players will no doubt tell you.

If someone has the reaction speed and good sense to chamberblock or downblock a lance thrust then they should be rewarded accordingly.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 07:49:51 pm by Nasturtium »

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2011, 07:50:00 pm »
then horses should be faster, Makes no sense that a trained warhorse the size of a mack truck can barely run someone with 3 athletics down.

Pfft, I have NEVER seen even a sumpter horse incapable of running any footmen down, even with 10 athletics and no armor on.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Chagan_Arslan

• Earl
  • Renown: 372
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Chagan_Arslan
« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2011, 07:51:07 pm »
Yeah, no reason at all. It was just a coincidence that 99.999% of cavalry players used the same weapon. :rolleyes:

99.999% of HA uses strongbow does it mean it needs nerf ? so that other bows are more appealing to HA's ?
99.999% of all anticav characters used pike, do we see nerf ? no they get very long pike and no stat nerf of pike, what about bamboo spear never saw someone with it, why ?

some classes just dont have much of a choice, for lancers there are three weapons and out of the three heavy lance was the best,
pre patch light lance was used by people whitout wpf in polearms, so it wasnt really unused

and i assume people compained thats why it got changed, the plan was to make it dead but fortunately some one thought it was too harsh, anyway cav can play on less than 50% maps now.. hills, small streets, more hills is pretty bad for cav, and we also dont go on siege servers so just battle ones are for us. Before it was about heavy horses and bump kills, now its the heavy lance, but what should get an extreme nerf is peoples unawareness only than cav would stop making crazy k:d ratio (if thats the reason for all the hate we get)

i made a topic about lance also as i didnt saw this thread before anyways here is the link if anyone would be interested
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 07:54:34 pm by Chagan_Arslan »

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2011, 08:15:01 pm »
Yeah, no reason at all. It was just a coincidence that 99.999% of cavalry players used the same weapon. :rolleyes:
It's the most expensive so it better damn well be the best lance out there.
Just because a weapon is used by a lot of players doesn't mean you have to nerf it to hell. Unannounced and unnecessary. The item was not overpowered, it was perfectly balanced. Don't you see? People will still use it. Ok, calling it dead was a mistake on my part, but your nerfing was an even bigger one.

You seem to have applied the same logic to the flamberge, giving it the same damage as the Great Long Axe. Because it was too underused, you had to nerf it!  :)

I play all classes available, so I know what I'm talking about.

What was wrong with the last version of c-rpg?:

- Huscarl shield too powerful (Slightly adressed)
- Crushtrough on heirloomed items too frequent (you took the easy road by removing it alltogether)
- Throwing too powerful (Good job at balancing that out)
- Side sword nerf (Good)
- Lolstab nerf ( Very well done)
- Sarranid Horse too good compared to other horses, especially when heirloomed. (Not adressed!)

By just adressing these this patch would've been perfectly fine. But you just had to ruin it.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2011, 08:38:01 pm »
Right, because we are meant to address the issues you have with the game.

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2011, 08:42:52 pm »
Right, because we are meant to address the issues you have with the game.
Those were the issues the community whined about. Which active players confirmed.

I am thinking more and more that the problems that are adressed are the problems you have with the game.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2011, 08:47:17 pm »
I dont really participate on these threads but here's my 2 cents for once..
I dont believe the heavy lance needed that speed nerf. The sarranid horse did most of the insane K:D ratios we could all see were done on a sarranid horse.
on my courser i could get average to good K:D ratios, on my sarranid horse my kills were insanely high
Why? because i could perform this insane u-turn and come back to this enemy i just bumped and stab him again. something i cant do on my courser.
So yea, i guess doing that nerf prevents me from doing that unrealistic u-turn and stab. but on the other horses...

I guess bump-slashing is fun, but i believe it will never be the best to deal with all the ninja-jumping- slashing-out-of-hollywood-bullshit. If ever you take out that jumping feature, i might consider bump slahins, until then...

oh yea some people seriously need to get some spatial awareness before whining that cav is op. the tricks i can perform even on foot are so retarded but effective...

Shogunate_TheIntolerant
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 09:21:03 pm by Lactose_the_intolerant »

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2011, 08:55:51 pm »
I dont really participate on these threads but here's my 2 cents for once..
I dont believe the heavy lance needed that speed nerf. The sarranid horse did most of the insane K:D ratios we could all see were done on a sarranid horse.
on my courser i could get average to good K:D ratios, on my sarranid horse my kills were insanely high
Why? because i could perform this insane u-turn and come back to this enemy i just bumped and stab him again. something i cant do on my courser.
So yea, i guess doing that nerf prevents me from doing that unrealistic u-turn. but on the other horses...
This dude gets it. Only people who play the class can get it.
Don't mind the fish.