Author Topic: [STATS] Throwing lances  (Read 2226 times)

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
Re: [STATS] Throwing lances
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2011, 11:13:43 pm »
I never saw anyone using them for quite a time until 22nd_Fashole this morning. Perhaps you met him, too?

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2011, 11:25:34 pm »
I saw someone called GreyScout using them with a Tribal outfit.Inuit Playstyle ftw!

Wasnt very effective though.They should get buffed to 2 ammo per stack.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2011, 11:48:36 pm »
I was in a server with about 30 people once, there was some LLJK guy, I forgot his name. He used them. I was a ninja with 8 atlethics back then. He killed me four rounds in a row. He was ridiculously accurate with those things. Even when I went in full on dodge mode at 20 meters distance he would still chuck them in me. He rarely killed me with just one of them, but he easily threw two in my ass. He was super effective with those things. I think that he missed once for every 4 hits. Guess he was just skilled, he was a nice guy though.

They are the most accurate throwing weapons right? I find the throwing weapon accuracy stats very weird cause the bigger they get the more accurate they get, which doesn't make sense IMO. Or does the accuracy rating not correctly display the actual accuracy of the weapon? 154 accuracy isnt that like a closed crosshair with 50 wpf?

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2011, 12:37:37 am »
No.

Here the reticule for my dedicated PT 9 thrower with 130 throwing wpf(active wpf ALOT lower thanks to PT induced wpf reduction):

http://imageshack.us/f/40/mb7lm.jpg/

Please don't jump conclusions when you don't understand how the accuracy stats works. Well, prolly only Fasader does anyway. Base damage and difficulty(I think) increases reticule size and thus items need a higher accu value to counteract that.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 12:39:05 am by Paul »

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2011, 10:38:12 am »
No.

Here the reticule for my dedicated PT 9 thrower with 130 throwing wpf(active wpf ALOT lower thanks to PT induced wpf reduction):

Please don't jump conclusions when you don't understand how the accuracy stats works. Well, prolly only Fasader does anyway. Base damage and difficulty(I think) increases reticule size and thus items need a higher accu value to counteract that.
I dont jump to conclusions, hence the
Or does the accuracy rating not correctly display the actual accuracy of the weapon?

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2011, 10:39:47 am »
No.

Nevermind your reticule, check out those two dashing gentlemen conversing in the chat.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Templar_Ratigan

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2011, 06:59:34 pm »
I have noticed a rise in lance related throwing builds lately. Not that im complaining, I like to see something a bit different.....although I know Native from NA has been a lance man for ages.
He reached for his pants and grabbed the cheese, missing the bees whose honey he needs.

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2011, 08:25:00 pm »
So what got changed.. within recent months?

This is probably still relevant to some extent... I am not doing it again.
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,3338.msg59865.html#msg59865
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline Mustikki

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2011, 01:04:33 am »
From my experience the accuracy is same as before ( read Zisa's post).

Also with 7 pt, you need 3 lances to kill a heavy armored guy (1 lance around 30-40%). a Lance may kill a low level or light geared guy with only 1 hit (not always).

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2011, 07:53:44 pm »
I sometimes run around with my 10PT char and i dont 1hit most people. I sometimes get the odd lucky headshot when throwing into a large group but 1 vs 1 means i only get 1 shot as its slow :D

I have a 30/12 build with 3 athletics 10pt and 4wpm giving me 138 wpf. I have to wear a damn aketon to get any kind of accuracy. I hardly thing that char needs a nerf. The Throwing lance is mainly a fear based weapon. The ONLY class that the throwing lance really rapes is cav :) cav tries to kill me Boom horse is dead in one shot and most cav only take one shot when they are lying by my feet :P

My throwing chars were Baronvonthrowalot (untill i respeced fucked it up respeced it again and then lost all my cash riding a charger and throwing spears every round for the lulz) now I use Dennis The Menace but only a couple times. IM COMMING FOR YOU LESHMAAAAAA
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Native_ATS

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2011, 11:40:10 am »
LOL people talking about throwing lances