Author Topic: Crime killing troops faster than planned  (Read 2621 times)

Offline Relit

• Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Relit
Re: Crime killing troops faster than planned
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2014, 10:54:35 pm »
+4
This is a pretty serious issue that I hope is resolved soon. Getting people to participate in strat is tough and this makes its harder to convince them to stick around and play when all their hard work could be gone in hours.

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2014, 11:02:32 pm »
+1
You can just turn the troops into population, so you're completely wrong, grimm.  Just reinforce accordingly, don't over reinforce.
i made suggestions, my imaginination was sufficient how those would work with not changed game mechanics. Not seeing where i would have been wrong, as it was not about wrong or right , but about looking for new combinations how meachnics could work. That i could have pointed out more clearly i suppose.
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2014, 12:01:28 am »
+1
The mechanic the community wanted:

Enforces mostly active playing by forcing players to not AFK troop farm in fiefs for a lord without ever actually doing anything on Strat or being at risk in any way.

The mechanic the community got:

Enforces absolute autismal dedication at all times to the game. If you leave your computer for 14 hours to sleep and go to work you could easily lose an entire full army that took weeks to farm because you stopped in a village to trade.

+1 my austimally challenged gobblin friend.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2014, 02:52:05 am »
+1
Stop over exagerating, there is tons of ways to avoid what you say without having to nerd the game. Basically dont enter fief overnight just move to them and enter when actively behind your scren.

Maybe chadz could add a "move to fief's gate" instead of having to "move to" and try to get as close to the fief actual gates.
"enter" button is now a very dangerous one, teach your faction guys accordingly and all will be well.

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2014, 04:43:36 am »
+3
Yes Butan but the thing is we shouldn't have to fucking explain to new people that fiefs are deadly places they can't stay in but that we want them to go to. That shouldn't be our problem to explain. That isn't what the consumers of the game desire.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2014, 02:19:18 pm »
+2
I know it sounds mind-gobbling  ( :D )  but how is it more logic than say, dont put troop cap to 100 when you have 1800 troops on you, dont click cancel battle after you are battlelocked, dont quickmarch with troops ever (except when on the verge of death), dont cross that white patch of land, play cRPG if you want to grind troops, etc...

There is a lot of thing on strategus that requires proper indoctrination because they go against common sense, but these things are here for gameplay purposes, not to catter to the weak of mind (only the smartest play strategus, it is known).

I am from those that believe Crime is the best tool for long-term management of over-expansion and will give us the best strategus round ever (if no mega block fuck it up, both EU or NA), once early-strat is over and new players know how crime works, you will be proud of strat 5.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 02:23:14 pm by Butan »

Offline paavi

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 1
  • King of Kings
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pantheon
  • Game nicks: Pantheon_KING_Pave, Feislord,
  • IRC nick: paavi
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2014, 03:44:52 pm »
i just lost 130~ troops in 40mins..

Offline SugarHoe

• Earl
  • Renown: 413
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2014, 11:51:39 am »
lost 150 in 5 hours

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2014, 12:08:39 pm »
+1
Getting killed by peasants is pretty awesome though, could just have them fight rather than your pussy soldiers

Offline kono yaro!

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 127
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: b0nk
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2014, 09:06:28 pm »
personally, i find the whole concept of strat crime ridiculous. no bandits would attack an army unless they had a sizeable force themselves, in which case you should be able to fight them in a battle. if they did attack soldiers anyway, the army would notice missing soldiers, reinforce security and use whatever means necessary to find the culprits.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 09:10:10 pm by kono yaro! »

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2014, 11:01:55 pm »
+1
Dont ever try to find or create RP on strategus, it is strictly forbidden and you will get warning for it  :mrgreen:

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2014, 12:07:30 am »
+1
OK, this just happened.

OK, tried to do the "trick" where I move ON to a fief with a high crime rate, and then later click "enter" the fief while I'm at my computer.  That way, it's suggested that I can quickly do my business and then get out before I lose troops.

I'm on the fief -- so I clicked enter fief...0.33 hours until I'm in the fief.  20 mins, no problem.

Oh, look at that, something came up in real life and I wasn't at my computer when I entered. 
I remembered just now and rush to see if I'm too late.  40 troops down the drain.

I don't get to play as much as some people, and early in the game that 40 troops is kind of a big deal.  It will take me 2 or 3 days to get 40 strat ticks.

This sucks!

Offline Dach

• Earl
  • Renown: 444
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dach_BRD / SNSD_Taeyeon
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2014, 02:11:43 am »
OK, this just happened.

OK, tried to do the "trick" where I move ON to a fief with a high crime rate, and then later click "enter" the fief while I'm at my computer.  That way, it's suggested that I can quickly do my business and then get out before I lose troops.

I'm on the fief -- so I clicked enter fief...0.33 hours until I'm in the fief.  20 mins, no problem.

Oh, look at that, something came up in real life and I wasn't at my computer when I entered. 
I remembered just now and rush to see if I'm too late.  40 troops down the drain.

I don't get to play as much as some people, and early in the game that 40 troops is kind of a big deal.  It will take me 2 or 3 days to get 40 strat ticks.

This sucks!

Yeah the mechanic isn't perfect but it was needed... Actually I managed to do the same thing as you without the bad part... still lost 1 troop from THE tick while I was inside. Damn criminals!  :lol:
A lot of people in the NA community know that Dach rages and in the process of his uncontrollable rage, he tends to kick people.

You've been warned! :twisted:

Offline HappyPhantom

• Earl
  • Renown: 440
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew pew, your face!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul, Always Take the Shot.
  • Game nicks: HappyPhantom, Marys of the Sea, Ancient of Mu Mu.
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2014, 04:39:07 am »
OK, this just happened.

This sucks!

There is a "stop" movement button for this purpose. The mechanics are there to avoid most of these problems; It's human error not to implement. Not sayin' I havn't had the same problems but...
"Darklands" - The greatest game you never played: now on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/327930 | http://www.darklands.net/index.shtml

Offline Gimest

• Baron
  • Renown: 101
  • Infamy: 40
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pantheon
  • Game nicks: Gimest_DeGyrst
  • IRC nick: Gimest
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2014, 09:22:23 am »
Well now i struck the best part of this! Good thing is the place i put to go inside has 0% crime, otherwise dunno how many men i would lose. I had done all the things this time to avoid being in the place for too long, move over the village, and now that i wake up i put it to go inside, and DADAAA strat becomes unavaileble for like 10 mins, if this would have been a place with fucking high crime rate, i would have lost alot of troops for this. Now that it started working again i got some error message saying wrong faction id :o Not in a faction and havent even aplied to one. Just came in mind, can strat page get stuck if u check something from the crpg strategus section, i had atleast battle list open there when strategus.c-rpg.com stopped working.

Try to avoid checking strat from crpg and strat site at the same time if ur going in a place with high crime.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 10:52:34 am by Gimest »