Author Topic: 4th Jousting Tournament 11th of August  (Read 58904 times)

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
Re: 2nd Jousting tournament finished, results in here.
« Reply #255 on: June 05, 2011, 11:14:13 pm »
First of all: there was nothing wrong with the organization. Toffi and his men did a great job, it's not their fault that people are plain stupid and retarded. This idiotic community does not deserve all the effort you guys put in organizing a tournament like this, i mean how fucking hard can it be to read 2 or 3 rules and read the red admin chat and follow instructions ? Only idiots cant do that and today i saw many of them online. You shouldn't even bother with muting, just warn them and then ban them so they can't come back until the tourney is over, and register it as their loss of match, nice and easy.

Also, BlueGreen: not only that you are useless but you're also not a very bright guy in the first place: ignoring the fact that you (a dedicated cav player) didn't know what jousting is, what team you're in and when was your turn to play you also didn't care to read when admins kept calling you, instead you were busy with kicking & fisting my men while we were trying to take screenshots on top of the stand, you also did it to other random guys. I could list at least a dozen names here, of people who acted like immature children or plain morons but i won't go there. Some Risen, some templars, some other clans, some randoms, in the end: complete mess, guards did their best but you can't deal with a bunch of idiots.

Again I'll say this out loud: this stupid community doesn't deserve the effort you're putting in to organize such things. Simple as that. On every tournament there just has to be a pack of assholes who spoil the brilliant organization, this time is wasn't a pack but a horde.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 11:20:08 pm by Gnjus »
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Toffi

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Honoured Guard)
« Reply #256 on: June 05, 2011, 11:22:12 pm »
Thanks Gnjus.

Could you upload the best screens so I put them on the first thread?

Offline Erika_Furudo

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 05, 2011, 11:23:53 pm »
Main problem I had were that Toffi asked were the third Templar were. But he had muted us all so we could not respond.

Also. I enjoyed my time with Alpha, Baby Wolf and the other guards.

Offline Diavolo

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Engineering student - Will pwn your ass in physics
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templars
  • Game nicks: Templar_Diavolo, Aleta
Re: Jousting tournament 5th of June, 6 GMT
« Reply #258 on: June 05, 2011, 11:26:16 pm »
Edit: @ Templar Diavolo: a team needs to register in here so I make sure they know what to do and know the rules. It seemed like the Templars have been very unorganized and reading what you said in here it's true. It's not my fault if you don't know the rules, your leader should have told you there are rules.

Yea, I apologize for not coming prepared, and I appreciate you reading what I wrote. I take the blame for not being informed enugh before, but I still hope you will give more input and instructions as the game progresses to let everyone know whats happening with the judging and everything.

the ctrl+j is ok to say you are ready, but the tournament master should give the go for the fight. everyone will see the different coloured text. if people fell asleep on their horses its just a free win for the other team.

not everyone is good in riding along a fence and/or jousting with a lance. just limit the retries to 1 or 2.

I agree with these two points. I dont think the players should be able to start right after "ctrl+j"-ing like some did now, then it will be a competition of who hits ctrl+j first. (since blocking= loss, going away=loss and not having enugh speed to get your lance down in time=loss) I think there should be events happening like this: 1: Tournament Master (TM) sais that the next duel should start. 2:players go up to the fence and hit ctrl+j to say that they are ready. 3: TM sais "go!" and the match is on. 4: TM gives points based on outcome with a small explanation if needed. 5:TM calls out new people (or retry if people failed on riding along the fence)

That way it will be more stuctured in the actual duels and its easier to know whats happening.

It would also have been nice if the server was open some time (atleast 2-3 hours) before the jousting so people could practice riding along the fence to avoid too much fouls.

Also like has been mentioned earlier I think everyone who is not in the 2 teams that are going to duel should be in spectator. That way there will be no fighting, no need for guards and easier for everyone to understand.

Im looking forward to the next joust!  :mrgreen:

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #259 on: June 05, 2011, 11:27:27 pm »
Could you upload the best screens so I put them on the first thread?

I'll do my best, tomorrow at work. Need to collect it from my boys who took 'em.  There's not much do, us lining up as a team, maybe few random ones and the one i took when the streakers ran in.  :wink:
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #260 on: June 05, 2011, 11:28:44 pm »
Toffi: My PC is getting old and rusty, for some reason I crashed when I entered the server.

Offline Toffi

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Honoured Guard)
Re: Jousting tournament 5th of June, 6 GMT
« Reply #261 on: June 05, 2011, 11:31:07 pm »
Yea, I apologize for not coming prepared, and I appreciate you reading what I wrote. I take the blame for not being informed enugh before, but I still hope you will give more input and instructions as the game progresses to let everyone know whats happening with the judging and everything.

I agree with these two points. I dont think the players should be able to start right after "ctrl+j"-ing like some did now, then it will be a competition of who hits ctrl+j first. (since blocking= loss, going away=loss and not having enugh speed to get your lance down in time=loss) I think there should be events happening like this: 1: Tournament Master (TM) sais that the next duel should start. 2:players go up to the fence and hit ctrl+j to say that they are ready. 3: TM sais "go!" and the match is on. 4: TM gives points based on outcome with a small explanation if needed. 5:TM calls out new people (or retry if people failed on riding along the fence)

That way it will be more stuctured in the actual duels and its easier to know whats happening.

It would also have been nice if the server was open some time (atleast 2-3 hours) before the jousting so people could practice riding along the fence to avoid too much fouls.

Also like has been mentioned earlier I think everyone who is not in the 2 teams that are going to duel should be in spectator. That way there will be no fighting, no need for guards and easier for everyone to understand.

Im looking forward to the next joust!  :mrgreen:

It's more your leaders fault. It should have been in the forum or on TS.

Yeah the structure sound good but is a lot of work for me. The herald would be better in the middle swinging a weapon.

I'll do my best, tomorrow at work. Need to collect it from my boys who took 'em.  There's not much do, us lining up as a team, maybe few random ones and the one i took when the streakers ran in.  :wink:

Yeah good, looking forward to it!

Toffi: My PC is getting old and rusty, for some reason I crashed when I entered the server.

Ah sorry about that!

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #262 on: June 05, 2011, 11:34:40 pm »
:(

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #263 on: June 05, 2011, 11:40:25 pm »
GREAT TOURNY! It was my first, and I enjoyed it.

Alas, the randomer team lost horribly, and I'm partly to blame. I sucked a bit, due to a lack of practise (I was workin before the tourny started).

I love you Toffi :D I look foward to the next tourny.
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 06, 2011, 01:54:40 am »
Interesting tournament... the time I was allowed to be there  :D

I hope there is an other jousting tournament soon.

Offline AlbaTiger

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Maybes aye maybes naw. Tiger that runs wi Wolves
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 06, 2011, 02:36:21 am »
I don't liked the Risen and Wolves, and the way they behaved. You should think about your discipline, it is a tournament. Last tournament nobody misbehaved.

You specifically name Risen and the Wolves like they were the only people who did anything you deem showings of lack of discipline.

Yet in the case of the Wolves their discipline was so bad that not a single member of the clan was given a warning, kick or ban, meanwhile people from other clans who you have decided not to name were given warnings, kicks and/or bans.

I just want to know exactly why this is as specifically I can't help feel it brings myself as a member of the clan into disrepute with your naming of the Wolves as "needing to sort their discipline."

Surely those clans who had members warned, kicked or even banned must have shown far worse discipline?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 04:14:06 am by AlbaTiger »

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #266 on: June 06, 2011, 02:56:31 am »
I thought it was funny to see people mess with the guards. Obviously it could easily cross the line into the realm of "asshole", but yeah... it was cool to see the guards being all guard like and clubbing bitches.
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #267 on: June 06, 2011, 05:04:48 am »
I blame lansamur for aggitating crowd with his aggressive behaviour.

When scared, crowds become aggressive. Next time only bring out lansamur when hes needed else he intimidates us lowly spectators into violence.
Turtles

Offline Lansamur

• Count
  • Renown: 232
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lansamur, The_Prisoner,Beer_Storage, Carebear_Ravenei
  • IRC nick: Lansamur
« Reply #268 on: June 06, 2011, 07:50:34 am »
You specifically name Risen and the Wolves like they were the only people who did anything you deem showings of lack of discipline.

Yet in the case of the Wolves their discipline was so bad that not a single member of the clan was given a warning, kick or ban, meanwhile people from other clans who you have decided not to name were given warnings, kicks and/or bans.

I just want to know exactly why this is as specifically I can't help feel it brings myself as a member of the clan into disrepute with your naming of the Wolves as "needing to sort their discipline."

Surely those clans who had members warned, kicked or even banned must have shown far worse discipline?

Wrong. I warned Murmillus several times of not acting like a Security-member (wearing the same outfit).  I kicked him once, too. Electro has been mucking around quite a bit, too.
[22:17] <@chadz> congratz cmpxchg8b, you managed to put 995 errors into the item sheet!
[22:17] <@cmpxchg8b> epic winning
[22:17] <@cmpxchg8b> beat that Fasader

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #269 on: June 06, 2011, 08:29:33 am »
@albatiger: If Toffi would start naming every team that misbehaved his post was double the size^.^  You guys were just an example. Don't put too much into it or think Toffi hates you guys. ;)

@Casimir: Lansamur was too aggressive? O.o  He was kind like a lamb actually ^_^
He should have started muting and kicking people much earlier and next time it will be like this: People misbehave = warning. People misbehave again = kick. Misbehaviour again = ban and team is out of tournament.
It's like competitions in reallife. You follow the rules or you get punished.

If it had been a Fallen tournament and Beauchamp would have been there he would have kicked half the server I think